Page 54 of 63 FirstFirst ... 429404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 1861

Thread: 2018 F1 news

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Raikkonen was on the podium 11 times to Vettel's 12, and after Italy, Vettel was on the podium four times to Raikkonen's three times. Just stop with the nonsense. The car lost its pace since Italy and the proof is in the fact that the best each of our drivers could manage was the second step once.

Ferrari fans knocking its drivers while praising others doesn't help anything and is only salt in the wound.

For the record, I don't believe Hamilton would have won in Vettel's seat. He's notorious for losing his **** when things don't go his way.
    Don't you realize your knocking a Ferrari driver when you downplay Kimi . He did his best in the #2 spot. FErrari lost both titles, blaming Kimi is as you say salt on the wound! Starting 2018 it was Seb that Ferrari team and fans where sure to have as a winner. Kimi was the #2 pick and did his job big time! Saying Seb had more podiums than his wing man is supposed to be that way. Beating Kimi out by 1 podium twice as you say , is not the champion driver we fans were hoping for. We were thinking more WDC , WCC. 2019 can't come soon enough!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Don't you realize your knocking a Ferrari driver when you downplay Kimi . He did his best in the #2 spot. FErrari lost both titles, blaming Kimi is as you say salt on the wound! Starting 2018 it was Seb that Ferrari team and fans where sure to have as a winner. Kimi was the #2 pick and did his job big time! Saying Seb had more podiums than his wing man is supposed to be that way. Beating Kimi out by 1 podium twice as you say , is not the champion driver we fans were hoping for. We were thinking more WDC , WCC. 2019 can't come soon enough!!!
    I have not knocked Kimi, nor have I downplayed him or blamed him for losing either of the titles. He did a fine job beating Bottas and had his best season in years. You can be happy for Kimi and celebrate his last season with Ferrari without dragging Vettel, Ferrari's other driver, through the mud.

Disappointed Since 2010

Ok ! Seb did the best he could, he just was no match for Lewis or Max. Mistakes and the car . No mud dragging intended, I was just really hoping for WCC. I just didn't realize Ferrari mechanics, pit crew , pit wall gave up car wise after Italy. Seb had no shot. Fans here saying over and over Kimi is too old to drive, sleeps at the wheel, not fast enough just wasn't the case. The championships $$ was on Seb and Ferrari lost .
    Last edited by Brembo; 27th November 2018 at 03:38.

Ok ! Seb did the best he could, he just was no match for Lewis or Max. Mistakes and the car . No mud dragging intended, I was just really hoping for WCC. I just didn't realize Ferrari mechanics, pit crew , pit wall gave up car wise after Italy. Seb had no shot. Fans here saying over and over Kimi is too old to drive, sleeps at the wheel, not fast enough just wasn't the case. The championships $$ was on Seb and Ferrari lost .
    1) Vettel beat Verstappen in the points handedly, albeit with a better car.

2) You're forgiven for not realizing the car went backwards for several races after Italy. Arrivabene confirmed it last weekend, and he is not a liar like Toto.

3) Kimi is not too old to drive, but no one's reaction time or talent is on the upswing at 39. That is a fact and not a dig. A fan can respect what Raikkonen has accomplished while simultaneously being excited for a hungry upstart. The two are not mutually exclusive.

4) Ferrari put their money on both of their drivers to get the maximum out of the car, hence Arrivabene's butler comment about Bottas.

Disappointed Since 2010

Vettel on the issues ferrari had with correlation problem between wind tunnel and track the second half of the season.
    Vettel: "We're working on fixing that for next year, getting the balance and making the car faster."
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

1) Vettel beat Verstappen in the points handedly, albeit with a better car.

2) You're forgiven for not realizing the car went backwards for several races after Italy. Arrivabene confirmed it last weekend, and he is not a liar like Toto.

3) Kimi is not too old to drive, but no one's reaction time or talent is on the upswing at 39. That is a fact and not a dig. A fan can respect what Raikkonen has accomplished while simultaneously being excited for a hungry upstart. The two are not mutually exclusive.

4) Ferrari put their money on both of their drivers to get the maximum out of the car, hence Arrivabene's butler comment about Bottas.
    Ok with me,I just look at things differently:

1. Vettle needed to outpoint point Lewis for the WDC,WCC , Max was just out of nowhere doing that podium dance all year long.
    2. After Italy why did Ferrari the mother of all teams IMO ; go backwards with the cars? Arrivabene says he was aware, and nothing could be done? R Bull on the other hand out of nowhere improved making Max a threat
    3. Kimi was and did get better after 1st half . The older the better in his case. His driving reaction and timing showed his experience, keeping mistakes at a minimum. True the WDC was not his to win but he kept Ferrari on the podium best a #2 guy could do. Last race was the old car that gave up, not the old driver !!
    4. Ferrari should have put the most of their big money on the cars, so both drivers could get maximum out what they have to race with. I'm sure Lewis' car helped him as much as his talent.
    As far as I'm concerned , it hurt much more seeing Merc beat Ferrari WCC this year. Drivers come and go; taking their victories with them to the next team, the WCCs stay where there won!! Ferrari will start 2019 with two ready and able drivers, it's up to the team to get the cars ready and able 1st to last race! Merc does not belong where they are! Help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Vettel on the issues ferrari had with correlation problem between wind tunnel and track the second half of the season.
    They have been having wind tunnel correlation issues for the last 5 years.

let's be honest, Ferrari need to improve on many fronts to win titles, in season development, race strategy, driver performance, etc.

Ok with me,I just look at things differently:

1. Vettle needed to outpoint point Lewis for the WDC,WCC , Max was just out of nowhere doing that podium dance all year long.
    2. After Italy why did Ferrari the mother of all teams IMO ; go backwards with the cars? Arrivabene says he was aware, and nothing could be done? R Bull on the other hand out of nowhere improved making Max a threat
    3. Kimi was and did get better after 1st half . The older the better in his case. His driving reaction and timing showed his experience, keeping mistakes at a minimum. True the WDC was not his to win but he kept Ferrari on the podium best a #2 guy could do. Last race was the old car that gave up, not the old driver !!
    4. Ferrari should have put the most of their big money on the cars, so both drivers could get maximum out what they have to race with. I'm sure Lewis' car helped him as much as his talent.
    As far as I'm concerned , it hurt much more seeing Merc beat Ferrari WCC this year. Drivers come and go; taking their victories with them to the next team, the WCCs stay where there won!! Ferrari will start 2019 with two ready and able drivers, it's up to the team to get the cars ready and able 1st to last race! Merc does not belong where they are! Help!!!
    1) This is irrelevant regarding your original point of Verstappen beating Vettel.

2) I don't know. I only ride in a Ferrari. I don't work for them. Fact is we were totally outclassed after Italy, with the exception of Raikkonen's win at COTA. At least they won our home race.

3) I am not debating this and largely agree. My point was that it is understandable why Ferrari would choose to replace Raikkonen now.

4) So you admit the car wasn't good enough?

Disappointed Since 2010

I was wondering if you know how to read. Now I know you don't. He did not knock down Kimi or downplayed him anywhere, in fact what he did was providing you with the fact that there is no room to blame the drivers for this years' turnover.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    let's be honest, Ferrari need to improve on many fronts to win titles, in season development, race strategy, driver performance, etc.
    That's the whole thing. We're not being honest. We prefer to think that the drivers are different entities than the rest of the team and feel it is ok to bash them; somehow it's escaping us (not really but you get it) that either the whole team does its best (outperforms itself really) or titles will not come. Simple really.

And to add salt to the wound. Whether we like it or not , we need to check on how Merc resurfaced after they went into pressure. We need to see back in the days on how RBR used to do the same.
    We need to learn NOT to break under pressure, since F1 is the definition of pressure; that goes for drivers, for pitwall, for everyone down to the infamous cleaning lady.

When the going gets tough..
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    That's the whole thing. We're not being honest. We prefer to think that the drivers are different entities than the rest of the team and feel it is ok to bash them; somehow it's escaping us (not really but you get it) that either the whole team does its best (outperforms itself really) or titles will not come. Simple really.

And to add salt to the wound. Whether we like it or not , we need to check on how Merc resurfaced after they went into pressure. We need to see back in the days on how RBR used to do the same.
    We need to learn NOT to break under pressure, since F1 is the definition of pressure; that goes for drivers, for pitwall, for everyone down to the infamous cleaning lady.

well said
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Nailed it. Objectively, Vettel did not have a good year, which didn't help matters, but there are a lot of other variables that are all intertwined.

What's most alarming to me anyway, is that Ferrari lost the development race again. Maybe they were overly ambitious with their upgrades which resulted in diminished returns.

Disappointed Since 2010

What's most alarming to me anyway, is that Ferrari lost the development race again. Maybe they were overly ambitious with their upgrades which resulted in diminished returns.
    Vettel admitted there was a difference between the wind tunnel and on track data performance towards the 2nd half of the season which did'nt yield what they expected.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Nailed it. Objectively, Vettel did not have a good year, which didn't help matters, but there are a lot of other variables that are all intertwined.

Correct, and that attributes to leadership or to be precise, lack of it.
    When problems arise , one needs to react; BETTER YET, one needs to be proactive; in order to do so, one needs to exercise what is known as "lessons learned" policy. Which is to learn from mistakes and apply in such ways as to improve every aspect of operations.

Can anyone tell me, that these things have been done in the recent 5 (for example) years? And before someone comes to tell me "How can anyone know?", answer to the question is simple. Facts checking.
    When one observes the same type of mistakes, incompetence and generally recurrence of behavior, chances is that there is no learning from mistakes.
    And yes, this year has been more successful than the last. But.. .
    ... if the goal was for us to improve, let's crack a bottle of champagne.

However, if the goal was to get titles, this was yet one more failure.

Correct, and that attributes to leadership or to be precise, lack of it.
    When problems arise , one needs to react; BETTER YET, one needs to be proactive; in order to do so, one needs to exercise what is known as "lessons learned" policy. Which is to learn from mistakes and apply in such ways as to improve every aspect of operations.

Can anyone tell me, that these things have been done in the recent 5 (for example) years? And before someone comes to tell me "How can anyone know?", answer to the question is simple. Facts checking.
    When one observes the same type of mistakes, incompetence and generally recurrence of behavior, chances is that there is no learning from mistakes.
    And yes, this year has been more successful than the last. But.. .
    ... if the goal was for us to improve, let's crack a bottle of champagne.

However, if the goal was to get titles, this was yet one more failure.
    One positive that we can take away is that the quality control problem from last year did not seem to rear its head as much, although Raikkonen did have a few DNFs that weren't necessarily his fault. At least there weren't any truly stupid incidents like faulty spark plugs.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Erm, next years car is designed this year.....

I was wondering if you know how to read. Now I know you don't. He did not knock down Kimi or downplayed him anywhere, in fact what he did was providing you with the fact that there is no room to blame the drivers for this years' turnover.
    Great to see you finally agree with me! It was Arrivabene who gave up on the team after Italy not Kimi. Ok Seb had personal problems and a few mistakes on the track like last race running wide at turn 19 hitting that sausage barrier. For sure Seb's time up front @ R Bull with no one around him took it's toll mistake wise here @ Ferrari. And as most fans finally agree, Kimi was great . So as you wrote , the team not the drivers handed Lewis and Merc the titles. I hope I read you correctly, I used spell check! Fans can only hope Ferrari as a team will meet Leclerc's dreams and expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Erm, next years car is designed this year.....
    lol that sucks, on the back foot even before the next season starts... yikes

[Autobild] Since Monza, Petronas gave Mercedes a lighter oil that allowed them to generate 10hp more. On the chassis side, Mercedes solved the problem with the wheelspin

Williams

comparo between Kubica's steering wheel and Strolls - 2018

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DtLCrLIW0Acci5i.jpg

Williams Racing announces a partnership with PKN ORLEN, a leading player in the fuels and energy market. PKN ORLEN prides itself on innovation and technology whilst retaining a strong focus on value creation.

PKN ORLEN will have branding on the rear wing, nose, intake system and both mirrors of the FW42. In addition, their logo will appear on the drivers’ helmets, driver and mechanics overalls and on team kit.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Ferrari have strong PU now. They are match for Mercs, what all they need is strong chassis.
    That’s it. I think Ferrari will come strong, as they know where they are lacking.

U mean mad max who always cry about engine even if it’s RB car issue ??? Is it same mad max who crashes n doesn’t accept his mistake or criticism? Who doesn’t have single pole position???

If mad max is the best, for your reference vettel is 2nd in WDC & mad max ?? Kimi too outscored mad max

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Ferrari have strong PU now. They are match for Mercs, what all they need is strong chassis.
    That’s it. I think Ferrari will come strong, as they know where they are lacking.
    Rumors from differents sources in Italy said our engine next year will be a beast with another step forward.
    Just need a little more usable downforce on chassis and it's game on !

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    U mean mad max who always cry about engine even if it’s RB car issue ??? Is it same mad max who crashes n doesn’t accept his mistake or criticism? Who doesn’t have single pole position???

If mad max is the best, for your reference vettel is 2nd in WDC & mad max ?? Kimi too outscored mad max
    Yes I do mean Max, who just turned 32 , oh no he just turned 21 and has 5 wins; and as you said didn't need to be on pole, not even once! Kimi and Seb drove Ferraris! Max drove a bomb. Max is leaving the poles to Lewis @ 83!! The wins are what count. I believe the WDC, WCC race was between Merc and Ferrari . R Bull had no business coming so close. It was Max's fault they did so good this season, even if it mean as you say; him crashing and wrecking everything in sight! Points wise Max scored 2nd place to Lewis in the last 11 races! The second half of the season was where Ferrari should have moved up.
    Seb had a top car this year along with Merc . Ferrari lost the WCC . Did I read that result correctly? Think back how Seb was loved by Ferrari fans when he was waving his finger winning with R Bull. When he came to Ferrari he is respected rightfully so., mistakes , losing the titles and all, he drives for Ferrari. I can only hope the same happens with Max if and when Ferrari gets him. Remember he's still a "Bambino" at21.
    Last edited by Brembo; 30th November 2018 at 05:36.

Yes I do mean Max, who just turned 32 , oh no he just turned 21 and has 5 wins; and as you said didn't need to be on pole, not even once! Kimi and Seb drove Ferraris! Max drove a bomb. Max is leaving the poles to Lewis @ 83!! The wins are what count. I believe the WDC, WCC race was between Merc and Ferrari . R Bull had no business coming so close. It was Max's fault they did so good this season, even if it mean as you say; him crashing and wrecking everything in sight! Points wise Max scored 2nd place to Lewis in the last 11 races! The second half of the season was where Ferrari should have moved up.
    Seb had a top car this year along with Merc . Ferrari lost the WCC . Did I read that result correctly? Think back how Seb was loved by Ferrari fans when he was waving his finger winning with R Bull. When he came to Ferrari he is respected rightfully so., mistakes , losing the titles and all, he drives for Ferrari. I can only hope the same happens with Max if and when Ferrari gets him. Remember he's still a "Bambino" at21.
    all your love of Max, you should go here.

https://forum2.verstappen.nl/
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    all your love of Max, you should go here.

https://forum2.verstappen.nl/

Thanks for the invite! Sounds good, as soon as Max replaces Seb and Ferrari does it WCC, I'll turn Max Ferrari fan for sure, just like everyone here went Seb Ferrari after his reign @ R Bull. Until then I will hope for a Ferrari WCC with who we have.
    Crashing, wrecking everything in sight, Max this past season; second half [11 races] came in second to Lewis and his Merc with total points scored. I wish it was Seb. I admit, I love Max's driving abilities and his interviews are honest and clear. When I use the term wrecking; I include what he did to Dan's standings @ R Bull. The only thing wrong with Max is he's with the wrong team. Watching the top drivers fighting it out this season made F-1 the sport to watch. And Leclerc was also a great driver to keep track of every race.
    Last edited by Brembo; 30th November 2018 at 10:42.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/n...power-struggle

MPH: Vettel, Leclerc and Ferrari’s power struggle
    by Mark Hughes on 30th November 2018

Vettel and Leclerc's biggest challenges at Ferrari could come from the power struggle above

Arrivabene has also said that interest from other teams in technical director Mattia Binotto is “fake news”. It is not. There is one very firm offer on the table and another, ‘we’d be very interested in having a talk with you,’ opening for the man credited with turning Ferrari into the most technically creative team of the last two seasons.

In their combined litany of errors this year, Ferrari and Vettel seem to have damaged their relationship
    The possibility of having Binotto serving gardening leave next season – and then working against Ferrari beyond that – is a worrying one for the Scuderia and could form the biggest barrier of all to Leclerc’s prospects.

The background to it all, of course, is tied up in the sudden death of Sergio Marchionne in July.

It’s widely believed the late president had planned to replace Arrivabene as team principal with Binotto. Which, of course, defines the current working relationship between the two men as awkward.

The management above Arrivabene cannot, in all responsibility, ignore the possibility of Binotto flying the nest. Could Binotto be satisfied with continuing indefinitely in his current role when there are genuine offers that would allow him to develop his career and reputation? Does Arrivabene have the personal skills to convince Binotto that they are stronger together than apart? Does he possess the vision to take the team forward? These are not questions Louis Camilleri, John Elkan or Piero Ferrari can shirk from.

What a contradictory statement ... u say 83 poles at one end & those doesn’t count at the other end only win matters....

I understand your frustration . Next year it’s not Renault, will see max blames Honda or RB