Page 57 of 63 FirstFirst ... 732434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,710 of 1861

Thread: 2018 F1 news

Truth is that Seb and the pitwall threw away the chance of making both championships close until the very end. We also don't know how much the FIA clamped down on our "PU trick" after the summer break. Something was surely there and then it was not for a few races and then it appeared again at the end of the season. All this happened next to the "news" and "information" that the upgrades after the summer break didn't work as they should have. Not to forget that Merc also solved their problems with the softest compounds and in the last third of the season. So it's a mix of everything. The only person who basicly didn't do anything wrong was Kimi. He beat Bottas by four points with four DNFs to Bottas one.

One thing is for sure though, if Ferrari have as many DNFs next year as they had this year, and they happen to both Seb and Charles, they will again end up winless. I serioulsy doubt Merc will drop the ball in that department.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    And you do realize this is pure speculation. Specially for Alonso who won nothing while in Ferrari.
    Hamilton would have won the title in our car too....but you carry on defending Seb while attacking the team.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Hamilton would have definitely used appetite suppressants and won the title in our car too....but you carry on defending Seb while attacking the team.
    Are you sure about that, Greig? As much as I love our team, I'm not 100% sure on that one. Pains me to say.
    Last edited by LesterRon; 11th October 2023 at 12:53.

Hamilton would have won the title in our car too....but you carry on defending Seb while attacking the team.
    I do nothing of the sort.
    You are attacking the team by attacking Seb.

And keep on speculating. Hamilton would not have won, he is terrible when things do not go his way, whining all the time, then glorifies the one thing matters to him the most, himself, when things go his way.

But by all means, do drink the Hamilton cool-aid.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I do nothing of the sort.
    You are attacking the team by attacking Seb.

And keep on speculating. Hamilton would not have won, he is terrible when things do not go his way, whining all the time, then glorifies the one thing matters to him the most, himself, when things go his way.

But by all means, do drink the Hamilton cool-aid.
    You are speculating just as much by saying Hamilton would not win it Our no1 driver let us down this year that is no speculation.
    Forza Ferrari

well said comments @aroutis , 100% agreed
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

If the team was perfect, both championships would be Ferrari's. If Vettel was perfect, both championships would be Ferrari's. If both the team and Vettel made 50% less mistakes, both championships would be Ferrari's. Amazing how some are blind to the deficits exhibited by all parts of Ferrari.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    If the team was perfect, both championships would be Ferrari's. If Vettel was perfect, both championships would be Ferrari's. If both the team and Vettel made 50% less mistakes, both championships would be Ferrari's. Amazing how some are blind to the deficits exhibited by all parts of Ferrari.
    Mercedes never had a perfect season and won both titles.....you can blame the team for making the odd strategy call wrong in the heat of the moment that will never change for any team really as it's impossible to get every decision right. Vettel's mistakes gave away massive point swings to Lewis far more than any mistake the pitwall made.
    Forza Ferrari

Mercedes never had a perfect season and won both titles.....you can blame the team for making the odd strategy call wrong in the heat of the moment that will never change for any team really as it's impossible to get every decision right. Vettel's mistakes gave away massive point swings to Lewis far more than any mistake the pitwall made.
    When I say team, I am referring to the collective, which includes the engineering division as well. The performance of the car was hindered by its upgrades and the Ferrari pit wall made far more bad calls than Mercedes. While Ferrari actually went backwards with its performance, Mercedes improved throughout the course of the season. We had the car and we had the driver early on, but all parts of the team, including Vettel, really fumbled except for the part of the team responsible for the power unit. A lot of Vettel's driving seemed to result from desperation. I understand why he drove the way he did, even though I don't agree with it. He should have been more methodical and bided his time. If the car and pit wall was more consistent, he probably wouldn't have performed the way he did. I don't think Hamilton would have performed any better than Vettel, given the circumstances, but I do believe Alonso would have. He was hands down the most thoughtful driver of this generation.

Disappointed Since 2010

When I say team, I am referring to the collective, which includes the engineering division as well. The performance of the car was hindered by its upgrades and the Ferrari pit wall made far more bad calls than Mercedes. While Ferrari actually went backwards with its performance, Mercedes improved throughout the course of the season. We had the car and we had the driver early on, but all parts of the team, including Vettel, really fumbled except for the part of the team responsible for the power unit. A lot of Vettel's driving seemed to result from desperation. I understand why he drove the way he did, even though I don't agree with it. He should have been more methodical and bided his time. If the car and pit wall was more consistent, he probably wouldn't have performed the way he did. I don't think Hamilton would have performed any better than Vettel, given the circumstances, but I do believe Alonso would have. He was hands down the most thoughtful driver of this generation.
    Bring back Ross Brawn as a consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Facts or not his assumptions are correct. Three races in a row (Monza, japan, Austin) Vettel made contact with other people and found himself back of the grid, Crashed out of the lead, made contact/crashed out at the start of GP. And unlike Hamilton, Vettel never suffered any mechanical DNF this year.

Vettel in 2018 made more mistake than Alonso made in his entire Ferrari career. And his 2017 season wasn't clean either. Sadly, I think, Vettel's performance also impacted the people working at Maranello. They, maybe, got frustrated seeing how their hard work wasted by someone who's a 4x WDC but is making mistakes not even Sirotkin makes.
    Never argued Vettel had a poor season, he did. I am not his advocate. To say 100% Fred or Michael would have won, is an assumptions and it is not correct because you or someone else says it. The only way to turn an assumption into a fact is proving it and that is not possible in this case. So it remains an assumption, which might be correct, or not.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Never argued Vettel had a poor season, he did. I am not his advocate. To say 100% Fred or Michael would have won, is an assumptions and it is not correct because you or someone else says it. The only way to turn an assumption into a fact is proving it and that is not possible in this case. So it remains an assumption, which might be correct, or not.
    Yeah this forum would be so much better if there was only facts posted, no opinions that sure would be the way to go
    Forza Ferrari

Yeah this forum would be so much better if there was only facts posted, no opinions that sure would be the way to go
    You stated it as a fact, not an opinion. Maybe in future comments it won't hurt to put those 3 magic letters inside, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    You stated it as a fact, not an opinion. Maybe in future comments it won't hurt to put those 3 magic letters inside, IMO.
    You want everyone to put IMO on each and every post they make that is not a fact? really???
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post

The point is that all this conjecture is useless.

Saying Schumacher would have won is completely without merit. It requires comparing different formulas in different time periods with a never ending list of variables. It's a waste of time.
    + number 1

+5 +44 +14
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Too many pit stop mistakes and in race decisions that were rare when someone knowledgable like Ross Brawn was in charge of race strategy.

Here's an image comparison of the 2007 cars (V8's) and 2019 cars.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DtwszKjWoAI8FZv.jpg
    It's not how start but how you finish.

IMO :)

you called it right

Merc and Toto are at it again with the mind games.

Mercedes suffer “setback” with new engine concept
    https://www.racefans.net/2018/12/06/...ngine-concept/

“We’ve had a little bit of a setback on the engine side where we believed the new concept would deliver a little bit more. But these guys are very ambitious like all of us and so I’m optimistic".

Toto crying Wolf(f) again all in the name of making the next championship fight look closer. Are people still buying it after the last comments about Lewis' Brazil engine and how it almost went kaboom?

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post

“We’ve had a little bit of a setback on the engine side where we believed the new concept would deliver a little bit more. But these guys are very ambitious like all of us and so I’m optimistic".

Toto crying Wolf(f) again all in the name of making the next championship fight look closer. Are people still buying it after the last comments about Lewis' Brazil engine and how it almost went kaboom?
    Yup, mercs are always pretending, lol people tend to fall for it, ferrari wins a race, suddenly mercedes say ferrari are the fastest car nobody can match them trick this trick that, next race ferrari gets destroyed by them lol , wet conditions destroyed. tactics by wolff... make themselves look weak to put extra pressure on the rest. it worked in 2018 when fools were crying about ferrari being the best car right till now still believing it.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post

I suggest you read the Brazil GP radio transcripts. It's quite clear Merc were managing/monitoring PU concerns.

Edit: RaceFans do a good summary of team radio transcripts.

You are speculating just as much by saying Hamilton would not win it Our no1 driver let us down this year that is no speculation.
    The team let us down.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Team includes the drivers and as long as you're blind to that fact, clearly you don't understand what F1 is all about.

By all means then, start by setting the example and state facts, not opinions, definitely not opinions not stated as fact (eg "if Hamilton was to be driving the car then he would have gotten the WDC" , which is a mere opinion).

LMAO!!! wolff taking sandbagging and lying to a whole new level

Wolff feels even Williams could be a threat to Mercedes in 2019 amid loophole fears
    https://t.co/R8qKyAA0y9

LOL this guy man, how big underdogs are mercs trying to be
    Last edited by mwk360; 7th December 2018 at 17:37. Reason: lmao i forgot a word

By all means then, start by setting the example and state facts, not opinions, definitely not opinions not stated as fact (eg "if Hamilton was to be driving the car then he would have gotten the WDC" , which is a mere opinion).
    I can state an opinion if I like even if you don't like it. I look forward to all your posts that are just facts though.
    Forza Ferrari

Team includes the drivers and as long as you're blind to that fact, clearly you don't understand what F1 is all about.
    Individual mistakes by a driver are not team mistakes.....no matter how you want to pretend otherwise.
    Forza Ferrari

I'l never forgive Arrivabene for making those 1st. lap spins in Italy, Japan, and USA! Then remember 3 xs in 4 races, Kimi outscored Binotto! Then there's Seb when he drives, he never won a race starting out of the top 3. ! Driver error, mistakes during a race is the drivers fault, bad spark plugs, a lose tire after a pit, those are team mistakes. The good, the bad and the ugly of F-1 includes the driver on his own during a race doing the best he can with what he has to drive at the time. Seb ain't no rookie, he's been around.

I can state an opinion if I like even if you don't like it. I look forward to all your posts that are just facts though.
    Of course you can do whatever you want.
    However some posts behind you said something else and I just quoted you to it:)

So if you don't like that, that's something else, isn't it ? So in that case, if you don't want to live up to what you say it's again, something else.

Individual mistakes by a driver are not team mistakes.....no matter how you want to pretend otherwise.
    Mistakes occuring by an individual that is a part of a team have to be examined in the scope of how the team operates.
    Management 1 by 1.
    I don't expect you to understand this :)