Page 41 of 63 FirstFirst ... 162728293031323334353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1861

Thread: 2018 F1 news

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Hahahahahaha, I have hard time believing you finished elementary school...... Just stick to the kitchen honey
    Oh you know what elementary school is, bravo. I wonder if you'd be able to speak more clearly if your parents were second cousins instead of first.

P.S And its weird to call another man "honey", well if you're not gay of course.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Oh you know what elementary school is, bravo. I wonder if you'd be able to speak more clearly if your parents were second cousins instead of first.

P.S And its weird to call another man "honey", well if you're not gay of course.
    This is so cute love

This is so cute love
    I don't know what your problem is, but I bet that it's hard to pronounce.

I don't know what your problem is, but I bet that it's hard to pronounce.
    Give daddy a kiss

Give daddy a kiss
    Try your luck in a gay dating site. I'd say good luck but unfortunately you're like a penny, two-faced and worthless.

Try your luck in a gay dating site. I'd say good luck but unfortunately you're like a penny, two-faced and worthless.
    Is this the best you can come up with, my dear engineer? Hahahahahha

Anyone being fooled by the Wolfs BS?

Mercedes holding off on team orders for now

Mercedes will hold off on implementing team orders in Lewis Hamilton’s favour until after the Singapore Grand Prix.

Although the team initially said they’d have the talk after Monza, a victory for Hamilton at the Italian GP gave the Brit breathing room in the title fight.

Hamilton won the race with a little help from his team-mate Valtteri Bottas, who held up Kimi Raikkonen for several laps, while Sebastian Vettel could only manage fourth.

The German’s hopes of a home win for Ferrari were undone when he collided with Hamilton on the opening lap and was pitched into a spin.

Hamilton’s lead is up to 30 points with a maximum of 175 still in play.

Mercedes motorsport boss Toto Wolff told Motorsport.com: “I don’t really like team orders, they are not cool and not good for the sport, and they are not good for either driver.

“Lewis doesn’t want to have anything gifted and Valtteri doesn’t want to give anything up. We are looking at it from race to race.

“We discussed it [on race morning], various scenarios and there was no necessity and we will see what happens in Singapore.

“I want to push that moment back as far as possible.”
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/merced...rders-for-now/
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

a few weeks ago Toto said Bottas was a good 'wing man', i think everyone knows what that means.

Toto must be smoking some really strong stuff.
    They already used Bottas to ensure Lewis won in Monza, sacrificing a podium spot if not for Max messing up and took a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post

Lmfao yeah sure wolfie boy , toto is a genius he is playing the team game and its bringing in massive points, bottas makes ham untouchable, while seb and kimi can block and cut each other anytime they are close
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

I have a strong gut feeling that this year we will be losing 2 World Champions from the current grid starting 2019. Alonso is confirmed gone, Kimi might follow suit. I mean in all honesty where would he go after Ferrari? Merc is locked, RB is sorted (kinda) and no other team is even close to the top 3. Unless he wants to end up like Alonso fading away in the back he might call it quits :/

with Button and Massa already gone, it would be the passing of an F1 generation. Those 2 guys, plus Kimi and Fernando were all born within 2 years of each other i think.
    So who would be the oldest driver next year?

Not sure but may be Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    with Button and Massa already gone, it would be the passing of an F1 generation. Those 2 guys, plus Kimi and Fernando were all born within 2 years of each other i think.
    So who would be the oldest driver next year?
    kimi i think is staying. but then old ham
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

So why do we care about what Toto says?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post

Same Toto Wolff that some people here love to quote and believe?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

https://www.racefans.net/2018/09/08/...ferrari-wolff/

Mercedes had more power in race trim than Ferrari – Wolff

The Mercedes team principal said they “had the quickest car” on Sunday at Monza but the situation was different in qualifying the day before. “In qualifying we were off in every single straight,” he said. “This is not to make excuses but on the straights we lost three tenths yesterday in qualifying. That wasn’t the case [in the race].”
    It looks like the performance that they are able to deploy on one lap is maybe not something they can replicate throughout the race. I don’t want to go further because it could be read in a different way – that I’m trying to find excuses.”

Well it was not the case in Spa.And again we compare them with Kimis pace. SEb finish about 16 secs behind Ham and made a 8 thousands lesser Fastest lap(with ss but it didnt had much difference in Monza) , WITH a damaged car that it was estimated about 0,5s /lap !!!!!!!
    So we realy dont know what it would be the case if Vet was in front!! Maybe we could see a Spa repeat.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Well it was not the case in Spa.And again we compare them with Kimis pace. SEb finish about 16 secs behind Ham and made a 8 thousands lesser Fastest lap(with ss but it didnt had much difference in Monza) , WITH a damaged car that it was estimated about 0,5s /lap !!!!!!!
    So we realy dont know what it would be the case if Vet was in front!! Maybe we could see a Spa repeat.
    good point, i hope so

cars with high rake, as ours or RB, have a problem in the wet.They are unable to seal the bottle
    Doesn't make any sense. The reason they are running high rake angle is because it helps sealing the diffuser more efficiently, aka more rare end downforce. Nobody in the current F1 runs a car with low rake angle.
    Merc does, they run low rake angle
    No they don't. They ran with longer wheelbase and low rake last year, not this year.

Also rake angle doesn't make any difference in the wets. This is the time I ever heard anybody say it.
    Again no they don't. And the link you posted, there was nothing that says high rake means poor wet weather pace.

Good to know you're an engineer. I myself is an electrical engineer.

Edit: here is a better image of Mercedes W09's rake angle.
    I've posted pictures to back up my claim, you didn't. First you said Mercedes W09 is a low rake car, which I have proven wrong. Then you said, car with high rake has a problem in the wet, which is again wrong and utter nonsense.
    its is low rake, and you as usually have proven nothing.

Mercedes has stayed resolutely with its pre-existing technical concept with its 2018 W09 model. It features an identical wheelbase and a low rake angle that will be slightly higher than last year but barely noticeable to the naked eye.

here you go, i hope you know how to read. Merc has stated its low rake.
    So you don't even know what rake is. As you said it was a pre-existing concept, nothing else. Every single picture of W09 proves that it is a high rake car.

And its funny how you surreptitiously avoiding the simple question I asked. Again, high rake angle doesn't mean poor performance in the wets.

Stop making BS statements and admit you're wrong.
    RedBull runs a 1.9 degree rake angle.

Ferrari a 1.5 degree

Mercedes a 1.2 degree rake angle.

60% of the downforce(suction) on current F1 cars comes from the floor plus rear diffuser.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

Ferrari a 1.5 degree

60% of the downforce(suction) on current F1 cars comes from the floor plus rear diffuser.
    Thx bro

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

Ferrari a 1.5 degree

Ferrari 1.53 vs Mercedes 1.25, pretty similar imo. And Mercedes W09 has more rake than the W08, Red Bull is more extreme.

And where does it say rake angle makes your car worse in the wets? Last year's Red Bull had the same rake (1.9) and it was pretty good in the wets.

And where does it say rake angle makes your car worse in the wets? Last year's Red Bull had the same rake (1.9) and it was pretty good in the wets.
    It does'nt. I'm still trying to figure that one out with the RB14 in the wet....it's been lackluster in the wet to say the least with Max behind the wheel.

2019 drivers

Mercedes: Lewis Hamilton -- Valtteri Bottas

Ferrari: Sebastian Vettel -- Charles Leclerc

Red Bull: Max Verstappen -- Pierre Gasly

Renault: Nico Hülkenberg -- Daniel Ricciardo

Haas: Romain Grosjean -- Kevin Magnussen

Force India: Sergio Perez -- Lance Stroll

McLaren: Carlos Sainz -- Lando Norris

Sauber: Kimi Räikkönen -- Marcus Ericsson

Williams: Sergei Sirotkin --

Toro Rosso:

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    2019 drivers

Mercedes: Lewis Hamilton -- Valtteri Bottas

Ferrari: Sebastian Vettel -- Charles Leclerc

Red Bull: Max Verstappen -- Pierre Gasly

Renault: Nico Hülkenberg -- Daniel Ricciardo

Haas: Romain Grosjean -- Kevin Magnussen

Force India: Sergio Perez -- Lance Stroll

McLaren: Carlos Sainz -- Lando Norris

Sauber: Kimi Räikkönen -- Marcus Ericsson

Williams: Sergei Sirotkin --

Toro Rosso:
    How long before the world wakes up to the reality that Stroll is useless, Daddy gets bored, sells up and a place is freed up for a decent driver?
    Trying to be less angry..

Give daddy a kiss
    What the Hell is happening to this forum???

Disappointed Since 2010

Domenicali on two of my favourites: MS & Fernando

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...wycea86EW.html