Page 55 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5304142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 1861

Thread: 2018 F1 news

Picture speaks more than a thousand words....

If it wasn't for his failure in Abu Dhabi Kimi would have outscored Seb in the 2nd half of the season shows how much Seb's underperformed

Racing Point Force India changes to "Racing Point F1 Team"
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Ferrari’s official entry name is "Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow"
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    i liked it better when it was "scuderia Ferrari Marlboro".....he, he..
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    If it wasn't for his failure in Abu Dhabi Kimi would have outscored Seb in the 2nd half of the season shows how much Seb's underperformed
    There r lot of pro’s & cons for everything.

In Mexico vettel had technical issue with the car, team orders were applied in that way kimi finished ahead of vettel ... else wouldn’t have.

In Abu Dhabi, vettel was ahead of kimi. Even if kimi finished it wouldn’t have mattered.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    There r lot of pro’s & cons for everything.

In Mexico vettel had technical issue with the car, team orders were applied in that way kimi finished ahead of vettel ... else wouldn’t have.

In Abu Dhabi, vettel was ahead of kimi. Even if kimi finished it wouldn’t have mattered.
    Don't forget whatever problem Vettel had in Brazil.

Disappointed Since 2010

hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

#5 & #16
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

mwk 360 , Thank you for that great post!

What a contradictory statement ... u say 83 poles at one end & those doesn’t count at the other end only win matters....
    I understand your frustration . Next year it’s not Renault, will see max blames Honda or RB
    Frustration for sure! I need a Ferrari WCC this coming season! I believe in Seb's case when with R Bull; winning over and over from pole pos. with a wing man, and the best car, kept him out of having to fight for position during the races. A Sunday drive to the flag! Now FF to 2018; he was lost in space not starting in 1st for the most part of the year. Experience is the best teacher for sure. As far as Max goes; if a DNF happens; and it's the car not driver's fault ; I guess he should enjoy an early finish and watch the rest of the race. I agree if next season his Honda DNFs he should blame Honda, Merc or Ferrari. I still like the idea that Max doesn't need pole to win a race. I hope this season Max will unwillingly be Seb's wing man by wrecking a few of Lewis' races!! I'll even take Leclerc driving around the mess to the flag!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Frustration for sure! I need a Ferrari WCC this coming season! I believe in Seb's case when with R Bull; winning over and over from pole pos. with a wing man, and the best car, kept him out of having to fight for position during the races. A Sunday drive to the flag! Now FF to 2018; he was lost in space not starting in 1st for the most part of the year. Experience is the best teacher for sure. As far as Max goes; if a DNF happens; and it's the car not driver's fault ; I guess he should enjoy an early finish and watch the rest of the race. I agree if next season his Honda DNFs he should blame Honda, Merc or Ferrari. I still like the idea that Max doesn't need pole to win a race. I hope this season Max will unwillingly be Seb's wing man by wrecking a few of Lewis' races!! I'll even take Leclerc driving around the mess to the flag!
    But still not the youngest pole sitter . Everytime he comes out kaboooooom

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

But still not the youngest pole sitter . Everytime he comes out kaboooooom
    Yup Kabooooooom: A win or a podium! Sitting on a pole pos. and then not winning is uncool !

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i liked it better when it was "scuderia Ferrari Marlboro".....he, he..
    Now they have clear sight on mission

mwk 360 , Thank you for that great post!
    lol np i guess

Do you sometimes think about throwing everything away and just go to Mercedes?

Vettel: "No, I‘m not like this. We are a team, winning and losing together. Besides I don‘t see a negative development. We improved year for year and stopped the Mercedes show."

Vettel: "We made a big step forward. The last decisive step is missing. In the middle of the season, we lost our path a little, weren‘t fast enough anymore. But our team has potential."

"If it is the management of the Leclerc-Vettel pairing that will take the sleep out of Arrivabene and Camilleri, it will mean that many other problems will have been solved and the new car has been "born" well."

"And who says that Vettel will get out of the fight defeated. Leclerc could fuel Vettel‘s spirit and maybe that scenario is a chance for Vettel to cancel the 2018 season, answering the critics in the best possible way: on track."

Bernie Ecclestone: "Lewis Hamilton is a deserved 2018 F1 champion and Vettel an undeserved 2nd in the championship"

What do you mean by that?

Ecclestone: "Lewis was outstanding this year but he also had the full support of the team. You can‘t say that for Sebastian. After Marchionne‘s death, a strong hand was missing and there was more chaos than structure."

Ecclestone: "From the outside you had the impression that Ferrari did more for Kimi than for Sebastian. Sebastian is a victim not the culprit. If Vettel had the same support like Lewis, Vettel would have also become champion this year."

You criticized Vettel for his mistakes recently and said that compared to Schumacher, he didn‘t bring Ferrari out of the crisis

Ecclestone: "That‘s true but you also have to question why. A team needs to strengthen their star driver not weaken him."

Ecclestone: "Jean Todt did that for Michael. But when a driver does not feel the support, the mistakes inceases. Because most of the things happen in the head"

Why is Lewis still a deserved champion?

Ecclestone: "Because he probably delivered the best season of his career. He was consistent and despite all the speed he had, he controlled everything. He is one of the best. But I think Vettel is in no way inferior to him."

How will Sebastian handle the defeat from this year? Will he return stronger?

Ecclestone: "I have no doubts about that. But as I said, Vettel needs the support from Ferrari."

via autobild
    i agree with almost everything ecclestone says, its exactly as i noticed this year

With a wingman? How can you say mark webber was a wingman for vettel in red bull? He was his worst enemy almost cost him the 2012 title when he squeezed him against the wall in Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by T99 View Post
    With a wingman? How can you say mark webber was a wingman for vettel in red bull? He was his worst enemy almost cost him the 2012 title when he squeezed him against the wall in Brazil
    Worst enemy because he knew he was the #2 driver. Brasil was out of pure frustration for sure. That's one race. Ok the R Bull team , the car, team mate , meant nothing, the success was all driver's doing. FF to Ferrari, what happened? I can only hope 2019 will be Seb's come back year. We Ferrari fans need WCC big time.

Yup Kabooooooom: A win or a podium! Sitting on a pole pos. and then not winning is uncool !
    Yeah still no pole position & blaming the engine for that . At other end DR taken pole position

Yeah still no pole position & blaming the engine for that . At other end DR taken pole position
    And at other end Lewis taken 83 poles!!! Ok! You win! It's now WCC, WDC, POLES ! What about most DNFS ?

And at other end Lewis taken 83 poles!!! Ok! You win! It's now WCC, WDC, POLES ! What about most DNFS ?
    Most DNFs Becoz of Mad max

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    i agree with almost everything ecclestone says, its exactly as i noticed this year
    It's a scary moment when Bernie comes and pretty much says what I've been saying all along bout the situation in Ferrari and as to why Seb has been making mistakes and one should see the big picture.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    It's a scary moment when Bernie comes and pretty much says what I've been saying all along bout the situation in Ferrari and as to why Seb has been making mistakes and one should see the big picture.
    LOL Ferrari not behind Seb? are you actually serious lol, Seb admits himself he was not as his best.....but yeah you can blame the team all you like, are you now a driver fan?

Ferrari did more for Kimi than Seb says Bernie hahahaha Kimi was almost forgotten about most races when it came to strategy, or left out to ruin his own race to try and slow a Merc down for Seb...

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...KOaK620Mk.html
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    LOL Ferrari not behind Seb? are you actually serious lol, Seb admits himself he was not as his best.....but yeah you can blame the team all you like, are you now a driver fan?

Ferrari did more for Kimi than Seb says Bernie hahahaha Kimi was almost forgotten about most races when it came to strategy, or left out to ruin his own race to try and slow a Merc down for Seb...

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...KOaK620Mk.html
    I am more serious than you.
    Is it not our beloved team principal that could not understand that it is team orders that get championships ? Do I need to link you what he said ?

I don't blame the team ; Actually team is everyone, DRIVERS INCLUDED, perhaps you should start writing it down and learn that thing.
    I do blame the leadership. There have been colossal mistakes this year, or how else do you think we lost the championship?

But by all means, keep blaming Seb, everything else went smoothly.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

As For Kimi, there should be a clear strategy as there was for Bottas.
    Really simple, isn't it? Does not matter where he started from, does not matter if he did better in Q, since it was Seb that had the more points, his role should be to support the driver with more hopes for WDC.

What happened in Monza? What did our benevolent leader say after the race, and why is it so damn hard for you to just admit we lack in leadership ?

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    I am more serious than you.
    Is it not our beloved team principal that could not understand that it is team orders that get championships ? Do I need to link you what he said ?

I don't blame the team ; Actually team is everyone, DRIVERS INCLUDED, perhaps you should start writing it down and learn that thing.
    I do blame the leadership. There have been colossal mistakes this year, or how else do you think we lost the championship?

But by all means, keep blaming Seb, everything else went smoothly.
    So you don't blame the team but you blame the leadership??? so you do blame the team lol Seb never made any mistakes, Ferrari done everything for Kimi....oh my days.

We lost because Seb made far too many mistakes which put him and the team under even more pressure....we never lost because the team was behind Kimi for goodness sake.
    Forza Ferrari

We lost because Seb made far too many mistakes which put him and the team under even more pressure....we never lost because the team was behind Kimi for goodness sake.
    The team holds plenty of blame too. The team put pressure on Vettel when they allowed Raikkonen to hold him up in Germany. Vettel and Raikkonen were both not responsible for the lack of pace after Italy. In retrospect, I perceive a lot of Vettel's driving during that time to be the result of overdriving and trying to compensate. That's not to say he was great. He wasn't, but he isn't entirely to blame. If the there weren't any pit wall blunders and the car was consistent, both championships would be theirs.

Disappointed Since 2010

Seb's own mistakes put pressure on himself, having Kimi in front of him for some laps is not reason for a 4xWDC to start driving like Maldonado sorry.
    Forza Ferrari

having Kimi in front of him for some laps is not reason for a 4xWDC to start driving like Maldonado sorry.
    You're right. It doesn't justify it, but it certainly doesn't help when you have Hamilton closing in.

Disappointed Since 2010