Thread: 2018 F1 news

Tyres up until Brazil.

Biggest surprise is that Pirelli hasn't chosen the hard tyre for Suzuka. At Silverstone only two drivers used the hard tyre. Both Reanault drivers for the 2nd stint. Suzuka, depening on the weather, could now be a three-stopper if it's hot as recently in Japan. The hypersofts will be used at least tree times more, Russia, Singapore and Mexico. Brazil looks like maybe a little bit too hard as it's the same as Spa, Monza and Suzuka. As long as Pirelli don't bring the "special tyres" anywhere again it's good. But it seems it was totaly unnecesarry to develop the super hard and hard tyres for this season.

22185_02-img02-eng.jpg

Despite a last minute £30m cash injection from Rich Energy the court has today put Force India into administration. A tragic and avoidable outcome orchestrated by MercedesAMG F1, Sergio "Checo" Perez, Julian Jakobi and BWT.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DjImqrCXcAA5Wtz.jpg

Hamilton felt F1 TV coverage “missed” quality of his German GP drive

Hamilton, who claimed a remarkable victory during a chaotic race at Hockenheim despite starting 14th on the grid, took to social media to complain about Sky’s coverage, before later deleting the post from his Instagram story.

Ahead of this weekend’s Hungarian Grand Prix, Hamilton said: “There are certain things I feel about it and I expressed an opinion, I just watched a race that felt so great in my heart, how it felt on the track, and then there were certain things that were not being perceived that way by who was reporting it.

“But there were also things that were being missed like there was a point when it started to rain and I was three seconds quicker than the other drivers but for some reason on the TV screens there was only the gaps between us there were no times being shown so people couldn’t see the difference.

“And also it wasn’t being explained the difference I was making, the different lines I would choose. Being that we had racing drivers commentating on it I would have thought they would have picked those out but they didn’t.

He added. “I can look at, for example, Sebastian [Vettel] and how he entered the corner, how and where he positioned the car and how that may have led to that."

Hamilton, who moved into a 17-point championship lead over chief title rival Sebastian Vettel after the German crashed out while leading his home race, also explained why he decided to remove the post.

“I took it down because that was in the middle or to the end, then at the end there was some really cool and good comments from some drivers,” he said. “They have such a tough job to report what is going on in the race so again I respect that.”

----------------------------

I think he should do a live commentary of himself while driving. What an egoistic idiot!
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post

Hamilton, who claimed a remarkable victory during a chaotic race at Hockenheim despite starting 14th on the grid, took to social media to complain about Sky’s coverage, before later deleting the post from his Instagram story.

Ahead of this weekend’s Hungarian Grand Prix, Hamilton said: “There are certain things I feel about it and I expressed an opinion, I just watched a race that felt so great in my heart, how it felt on the track, and then there were certain things that were not being perceived that way by who was reporting it.

“But there were also things that were being missed like there was a point when it started to rain and I was three seconds quicker than the other drivers but for some reason on the TV screens there was only the gaps between us there were no times being shown so people couldn’t see the difference.

“And also it wasn’t being explained the difference I was making, the different lines I would choose. Being that we had racing drivers commentating on it I would have thought they would have picked those out but they didn’t.

He added. “I can look at, for example, Sebastian [Vettel] and how he entered the corner, how and where he positioned the car and how that may have led to that."

Hamilton, who moved into a 17-point championship lead over chief title rival Sebastian Vettel after the German crashed out while leading his home race, also explained why he decided to remove the post.

“I took it down because that was in the middle or to the end, then at the end there was some really cool and good comments from some drivers,” he said. “They have such a tough job to report what is going on in the race so again I respect that.”

----------------------------

I think he should do a live commentary of himself while driving. What an egoistic idiot!
    He tweeted about sky's coverage then took it down. Unfortunately, the internet was faster. Hey, but "Love conquers all."

What a tool

better than any soap opera

okey, we are all different, he is what he is, but, he is not so young anymore, maybe he is like that, because SKY...or I don`t know
    anyways, life goes on

*Grabs popcorn*
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

I think he may have posters of himself all over his bedroom wall.

If Lewis waves that #1 finger all over, and over, when he wins, maybe Ferrari will see that and think about getting him to reach 100 poles in red!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/formula-...ren-behaviour/

I remember few of these things but how weird is the behaviour??

Quote Originally Posted by roddick_andy View Post
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/formula-...ren-behaviour/

I remember few of these things but how weird is the behaviour??
    Strange quite a bit.

Lewis Hamilton: I know I'm better than Sebastian Vettel

BUDAPEST, Hungary -- Lewis Hamilton says he will leave it to the public to decide who is the more talented driver in this year's title race, but is convinced in his own mind that he has the edge over Sebastian Vettel.

Hamilton claimed a surprise pole position in Hungary by mastering wet conditions as Mercedes locked out the front row of the grid ahead of Ferrari. It was the reigning world champion's second memorable performance in six days, having won the chaotic German Grand Prix from 14th on the grid in changing conditions last weekend.

Although Ferrari appeared to have the strongest car in the dry it failed to convert that potential on Saturday afternoon and Vettel will line up fourth, behind teammate Kimi Raikkonen.

When asked if he felt his pole position lap, and the fact Vettel struggled by comparison, proved to him he is the better driver, he replied: "Obviously I know the answer to that question but it's for you and the public to judge that.

"All I can do is try to be the best I can be every single time we get on track and regardless of ultimately mine and everyone's opinion, the results will hopefully speak for themselves so that's what I put all my energy into. In such tricky conditions with so much pressure today, hopefully the more and more and more I do, days like this, hopefully, bit by bit, maybe we will change the mentality or the thought process of fans who maybe thought one way, shift them to the other way.

"Who knows? I don't know why but my following goes up like 100,000 every week so I'm doing something right."

Following his win in Germany and Vettel's dramatic crash out from the lead, Hamilton is ahead in the championship fight by 17 points.

http://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/24...bastian-vettel

Lewis Hamilton: I know I'm better than Sebastian Vettel

BUDAPEST, Hungary -- Lewis Hamilton says he will leave it to the public to decide who is the more talented driver in this year's title race, but is convinced in his own mind that he has the edge over Sebastian Vettel.

Hamilton claimed a surprise pole position in Hungary by mastering wet conditions as Mercedes locked out the front row of the grid ahead of Ferrari. It was the reigning world champion's second memorable performance in six days, having won the chaotic German Grand Prix from 14th on the grid in changing conditions last weekend.

Although Ferrari appeared to have the strongest car in the dry it failed to convert that potential on Saturday afternoon and Vettel will line up fourth, behind teammate Kimi Raikkonen.

When asked if he felt his pole position lap, and the fact Vettel struggled by comparison, proved to him he is the better driver, he replied: "Obviously I know the answer to that question but it's for you and the public to judge that.

"All I can do is try to be the best I can be every single time we get on track and regardless of ultimately mine and everyone's opinion, the results will hopefully speak for themselves so that's what I put all my energy into. In such tricky conditions with so much pressure today, hopefully the more and more and more I do, days like this, hopefully, bit by bit, maybe we will change the mentality or the thought process of fans who maybe thought one way, shift them to the other way.

"Who knows? I don't know why but my following goes up like 100,000 every week so I'm doing something right."

Following his win in Germany and Vettel's dramatic crash out from the lead, Hamilton is ahead in the championship fight by 17 points.

http://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/24...bastian-vettel

Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall. Keep it up Lewis!

Ricciardo going to be alongside Nico Hulkenberg.....whaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

Kimi to be confirmed at Monza.

Merc may delay their spec 3 engine

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/6...upgrade_again/

I hope it isn't considered by some out of place for me to wish Niki Lauda well with his recent lung transplant. He is still quite the character and I'm grateful and will never forget that he brought our team two championships.
    See you at the races Niki!

Toto Wolff wants SPEC 3 to be better then Ferrari (could be delayed for SPA) + had meetings with Charlie about rules governing engine power.

So Mercedes Spec 3 engine + Toto and Charlie about engine power = "Sure, Toto just for you!" "Ferrari won't know what him em!"

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Toto Wolff wants SPEC 3 to be better then Ferrari (could be delayed for SPA) + had meetings with Charlie about rules governing engine power.

So Mercedes Spec 3 engine + Toto and Charlie about engine power = "Sure, Toto just for you!" "Ferrari won't know what him em!"
    this is a bad thing right? for ferrari? a very very bad thing? unless im reading this wrong
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    this is a bad thing right? for ferrari? a very very bad thing? unless im reading this wrong
    Of course it's a bad thing, not just for Ferrari but the whole sport in general.

This year in F1 is akin to the Prost/Senna years in F1.....when Prost would run to FIA director Balestre....crying when things did'nt go his way. Toto is Prost and Charlie is Balestre.

Prost and Balestre were French. Toto--> Lewis and Charlie are British.

Of course it's a bad thing, not just for Ferrari but the whole sport in general.

This year in F1 is akin to the Prost/Senna years in F1.....when Prost would run to FIA director Balestre....crying when things did'nt go his way. Toto is Prost and Charlie is Balestre.

Prost and Balestre were French. Toto--> Lewis and Charlie are British.
    pretty accurate man, and yeah just wanted to make sure im not crazy lol the emoticon had me confused, i wish the info was wrong and mercs spec 3 will be a failure but 99% of the time, its a huge success sadly especially since daddy charlie is there to allow his favorite baby to use new toys or look the other way
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Any truth or source as to why people have been saying newey wants to do less with development from next year or might go to Renault or Mercedes?, didnt he say he is staying with redbull and he would never go to another team like ferrari or something like that

Ferrari going more aggressive than RB & mercs in the next two races, especially Monza with only 1 soft for the Sebmaster, hoping there aren't too much blistering and definitely no rain at all even a drizzle is too much for us now, we need very warm days to help us since the car is much better in heat compared to mercs who are the aces in rain and cold weather. really awful last 2 GP's thanks to the terrible timing of rain, so we need a nice string of luck here for the next few races to get us back in the WDC.

W

T

Fudge!!!!!

McLaren chief unexpectedly resigns as F1 team continues to struggle on the track

According to company documents, Ojjeh resigned on 26 July from the board of the team as well as its marketing division and McLaren Applied Technologies

Mansour Ojjeh, one of the duo in charge of McLaren’s Formula One outfit, has unexpectedly resigned from the struggling team after more than 30 years on its board.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8480086.html

Is there any link for the source of this ? Specifically about the meetings etc ?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

W

T

Fudge!!!!!

McLaren chief unexpectedly resigns as F1 team continues to struggle on the track

According to company documents, Ojjeh resigned on 26 July from the board of the team as well as its marketing division and McLaren Applied Technologies

Mansour Ojjeh, one of the duo in charge of McLaren’s Formula One outfit, has unexpectedly resigned from the struggling team after more than 30 years on its board.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8480086.html
    This story is FAKE - NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mclaren slams the Independent for making such a story.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Is there any link for the source of this ? Specifically about the meetings etc ?
    This was the meeting with team bosses and Charlie about the 2021 engine proposals this past week and half. Should here something soon about the 2021 rules.

This story is FAKE - NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mclaren slams the Independent for making such a story.

This was the meeting with team bosses and Charlie about the 2021 engine proposals this past week and half. Should here something soon about the 2021 rules.
    So nothing about Merc + FIA in order to hamper Ferrari's interests.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Looks like it's not fake news........

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DkAmaTgWsAAHWxT.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DkAmbMFX0AEG5_G.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DkAmcOmX4AI4YOB.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    So nothing about Merc + FIA in order to hamper Ferrari's interests.
    No, hence the smiling face at the end of my quote.

Horner explains why Alonso will never race for Red Bull

If there was ever a slight chance of Fernando Alonso racing for Red Bull next season, team boss Christian Horner just squandered that prospect once and for all.

Following Daniel Ricciardo's shock move from the Milton Keynes-based outfit to Renault, a plum seat has emerged at Red Bull Racing, and with it some wild hopes that it could be filled by the two-time world champion whose talent has lingered at McLaren for the past four years.

In a podcast with Formula 1's Tom Clarkson, Horner addressed the speculation and why it will never come to pass.

"I have got huge respect for Fernando," said Horner.

"He’s a great driver, a fantastic driver. But I think it’s very difficult to see… he tends to cause a bit of chaos wherever he’s gone.

"I’m not sure it would be the healthiest thing for the team for Fernando to join the team."

Having put the Spaniard's case to rest, Horner offered a reminder that Red Bull's philosophy was to choose from within its own family of drivers.

"Our preference would be to continue to invest in youth than take a driver who’s obviously close to the end of his career," he said.

Red Bull's Carlos Sainz, currently on loan to Renault, and Toro Rosso's Pierre Gasly are seen as the most likely options when it comes to choosing the driver that will be racing alongside Max Verstappen next year.
    http://www.f1i.com/news/313670-horne...-red-bull.html