Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ... 63142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 1861

Thread: 2018 F1 news

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    LOL Ferrari not behind Seb? are you actually serious lol, Seb admits himself he was not as his best.....but yeah you can blame the team all you like, are you now a driver fan?

Ferrari did more for Kimi than Seb says Bernie hahahaha Kimi was almost forgotten about most races when it came to strategy, or left out to ruin his own race to try and slow a Merc down for Seb...

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...KOaK620Mk.html
    Vettel should have gotten the tow in Monza. Had he been on Pole things would have been different. Say what you want about his mistakes, and eagerness to win the race on turn 1...that was done out of unnecessary pressure. He has made his mistakes, but if the team was behind him and had guts to pick an official #1 and #2 like Merc, he would have been on pole and not gotten tied up in that mess. The season may have had a different turn...just my opinion. Not saying Ferrari did Kimi any favours, but they didnt help Vettel on this occasion, nor themselves. Monza was an easy 1-2, a lost opportunity.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Vettel should have gotten the tow in Monza. Had he been on Pole things would have been different. Say what you want about his mistakes, and eagerness to win the race on turn 1...that was done out of unnecessary pressure. He has made his mistakes, but if the team was behind him and had guts to pick an official #1 and #2 like Merc, he would have been on pole and not gotten tied up in that mess. The season may have had a different turn...just my opinion. Not saying Ferrari did Kimi any favours, but they didnt help Vettel on this occasion, nor themselves. Monza was an easy 1-2, a lost opportunity.
    NO, monza would NOT have been a easy 1-2....remember we ran an upgraded suspension there (which in fact was a DOWNGRADE on Ferrari's part) and we were chewing our tires like no tomorrow....

kimi was in front and a handful of laps into the race his tires were done due to the suspension we had...and seb's tires were just as bad....

we were DOOMED from the get go.....the Mercs had way better tire wear, hence WHY they won that race
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    NO, monza would NOT have been a easy 1-2....remember we ran an upgraded suspension there (which in fact was a DOWNGRADE on Ferrari's part) and we were chewing our tires like no tomorrow....

kimi was in front and a handful of laps into the race his tires were done due to the suspension we had...and seb's tires were just as bad....

we were DOOMED from the get go.....the Mercs had way better tire wear, hence WHY they won that race
    Vettel, Lewis, DR, Mad max these have raw race pace & good at tyre management.
    Kimi, bottas they aren’t. They don’t have that pace to match front leaders at most of the ocassions.
    Kimi just like bottas didn’t had the pace to get away from Lewis. Once he was passed, kimi pushed to stay closer & destroyed his tyres.

Vettel at the other end ruined his race by himself at the opening lap. Later he was in traffic, driving aggressively & he was overtaking. So definetly team thought of extra pit stop for him.

Seb's own mistakes put pressure on himself, having Kimi in front of him for some laps is not reason for a 4xWDC to start driving like Maldonado sorry.
    +1. In hindsight, we did lose the development race to Mercedes but it's just blatantly stupid to think Vettel's mistakes were down to Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    +1. In hindsight, we did lose the development race to Mercedes but it's just blatantly stupid to think Vettel's mistakes were down to Ferrari
    It’s combo of his own mistakes n team strategies. Baku mistake was down to team strategy, Germany (team & his own)
    Monza, Austin were down to his own mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Vettel, Lewis, DR, Mad max these have raw race pace & good at tyre management.
    Kimi, bottas they aren’t. They don’t have that pace to match front leaders at most of the ocassions.
    Kimi just like bottas didn’t had the pace to get away from Lewis. Once he was passed, kimi pushed to stay closer & destroyed his tyres.

Vettel at the other end ruined his race by himself at the opening lap. Later he was in traffic, driving aggressively & he was overtaking. So definetly team thought of extra pit stop for him.
    Kimi's tires were gone long before Lewis passed him. Bottas acting like a roadblock didn't help, but we did not have the tires to win. USA GP proved that if Kimi had the tires he could have kept Lewis behind and win. Hamilton, unlike Vettel doesn't go for the pass unless he knows he can get it 100%, if not he backs down and maybe tries later or waits for a mistake. He knows 18 pts is better than no points.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    It’s combo of his own mistakes n team strategies. Baku mistake was down to team strategy, Germany (team & his own)
    Monza, Austin were down to his own mistakes
    You forgot China. Vettel was leading the race quite comfortably, never had any threat from behind. But Mercedes pulled an undercut and Ferrari gifted the lead to Bottas. It was a stupid mistake, something Ferrari repeated over and over this year.

So you don't blame the team but you blame the leadership??? so you do blame the team lol Seb never made any mistakes, Ferrari done everything for Kimi....oh my days.

We lost because Seb made far too many mistakes which put him and the team under even more pressure....we never lost because the team was behind Kimi for goodness sake.
    If you could understand leadership - something you clearly do not, you would acknowledge that Arivabene would ask Kimi what Toto Wolff asked of Bottas.
    Really it's not difficult to admit that.

Instead, not only he did not do that with catastrophic results but he even went ahead to say that what he did was the right thing. Which clearly it was not.
    Seb admittedly made a lot of mistakes this year, everyone, me included have said this. However, one needs to understand the root cause under it (I trust you know what root cause means). And the root cause is the poor leadership which takes the
    decisions as to how the team operates and as a result this only added pressure to Seb. Whether you like that or not, clearly is irrelevant.

And I am sorry, this is not me throwing stones to the team. It is me assessing the situation. What -you- do on the other hand, just going the "Seb is to blame, Seb made mistakes" is immature and childish.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Vettel has been Ferrari's no.1 from the get-go, quite delusional to think the biggest problem is that Ferrari are fighting against Seb. Ferrari isn't ideal strategically, yes. They are far from it, they are probably the worst team when it comes to strategy department. But loss of so many points is mainly on Vettel. Everything else is secondary.

Your post seems like a Vettel fan reaching for an excuse. And the excuse is Ferrari/team-order. There is perhaps extra pressure to drive for Ferrari, but Ferrari didn't tell Vettel to or make him do silly mistakes this season.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    You forgot China. Vettel was leading the race quite comfortably, never had any threat from behind. But Mercedes pulled an undercut and Ferrari gifted the lead to Bottas. It was a stupid mistake, something Ferrari repeated over and over this year.
    Due to safety car was it not?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    If you could understand leadership - something you clearly do not, you would acknowledge that Arivabene would ask Kimi what Toto Wolff asked of Bottas.

Instead, not only he did not do that with catastrophic results but he even went ahead to say that what he did was the right thing. Which clearly it was not.
    Seb admittedly made a lot of mistakes this year, everyone, me included have said this. However, one needs to understand the root cause under it (I trust you know what root cause means). And the root cause is the poor leadership which takes the
    decisions as to how the team operates and as a result this only added pressure to Seb. Whether you like that or not, clearly is irrelevant.

And I am sorry, this is not me throwing stones to the team. It is me assessing the situation. What -you- do on the other hand, just going the "Seb is to blame, Seb made mistakes" is immature and childish.
    Schumacher wins the title in this years car, Alonso wins the title in this years car......but you carry on blaming who you want it won't change my view that Seb made far too many mistakes and threw away the title.
    Forza Ferrari

Schumacher wins the title in this years car, Alonso wins the title in this years car......but you carry on blaming who you want it won't change my view that Seb made far too many mistakes and threw away the title.
    Agreed 100%
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

I can't comment on Schumacher, since I only started following since 2010, but I feel you are right, and I do believe Alonso would have won as well... I will continue to support and defend Vettel, however.

Disappointed Since 2010

Certain websites are again raising the issue of the Arrivabene/Binotto positions within Ferrari and saying that it is now becoming a real problem. If the last thing we need and the loss of Binotto (to Merc possibly?) would be a serious blow to our 2019 aspirations, I hope that the situation is resolved sooner rather than later but as with anything within the walls of Maranello, nothing is straightforward!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Certain websites are again raising the issue of the Arrivabene/Binotto positions within Ferrari and saying that it is now becoming a real problem. If the last thing we need and the loss of Binotto (to Merc possibly?) would be a serious blow to our 2019 aspirations, I hope that the situation is resolved sooner rather than later but as with anything within the walls of Maranello, nothing is straightforward!
    Not good. Binotto is indispensable, in my opinion.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Not good. Binotto is indispensable, in my opinion.
    Have to agree on that score, Ferrari have a habit of letting the best people escape to other teams, but Arrivabene does seem to share a real tifoso's passione and if one has to give way to the other, there will be fireworks, I'm sure, and development of the 2019 car may well suffer.

Fyi, Ferrari has'nt signed MA for 2019.................yet.

Binotto is definitely qualified to run Ferrari IMO.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Certain websites you say...like this one? tbh I wouldn't pay too much attention. I mean Ferrari would have to be really, really stupid to get rid of Binnotto.

Vettel has been Ferrari's no.1 from the get-go, quite delusional to think the biggest problem is that Ferrari are fighting against Seb. Ferrari isn't ideal strategically, yes. They are far from it, they are probably the worst team when it comes to strategy department. But loss of so many points is mainly on Vettel. Everything else is secondary.

Your post seems like a Vettel fan reaching for an excuse. And the excuse is Ferrari/team-order. There is perhaps extra pressure to drive for Ferrari, but Ferrari didn't tell Vettel to or make him do silly mistakes this season.
    First, there was no clear number one this season, Monza proved that. Second, I prefer Vettel over Raikkonen yes, but I am not a Vettel fan; I am a Ferrari fan. He has given better results since he arrived. Head to head he’s the better driver. I am not looking for excuses. Seb has made mistakes, but I still believe the team made mistakes as well and didn’t help him when they could have. Part of Mercedes dominance is also the way it has run its drivers for the last 5 years. Basically Hamilton is our only priority, and as a number 2 you need to accept that.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Certain websites you say...like this one? tbh I wouldn't pay too much attention. I mean Ferrari would have to be really, really stupid to get rid of Binnotto.
    There is also this one ( http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...d_intensifies/ ), looks like this is not going away! While this is all happening the other teams like Merc and Renault are circling like hyenas around Ferrari waiting for Binotto to be free for the taking.

The #1 driver Seb failed to show the leadership demanded of him in that seat. How could Kimi be Bottas if Seb wasn't Lewis? Meaning not in contention for 1st place during the race, not making a mistake, and at times being behind Kimi. That alone clearly shows it's the driver's driving decisions , seeing what he has to do at the moment. The pit crew is not behind the wheel! Understanding leadership is knowing once the race starts ; it's the driver keeping his ears and eyes wide open. The team can and does help, but can't drive to the finish. Fans cannot put Arrivabene behind the wheel and blame bad driver leadership on him for the bad year. Fans can easily pick out 3 races lost by driver mistakes. That's a lot of points to lose, even if Kimi got a podium.
    If you could understand driver leadership; you will acknowledge Arrivabene didn't blow the year for Ferrari.
    Bottas had Lewis to answer to on the track during the races and the results were as we know , two championships. Just how much more could Kimi or the pit have done ? The mistakes were not their's. Seb had a bad year, lets hope for the best 2019!! BTW... Isn't a tooth ache " root cause"? rather than cause for losing in F-1? We fans need to lighten up, the seasons over!
    Last edited by Brembo; 5th December 2018 at 05:16.

@aroutis, thanks for pointing what some of us really think!

Another thing I have to believe is that the death of Marchionne impeded the hunt. After his death, it didn't feel like there was any presence at the top of the chain of command.

Disappointed Since 2010

Schumacher is a vegetable. He isn't winning anything.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post

Disappointed Since 2010

Schumacher wins the title in this years car, Alonso wins the title in this years car.......
    And you do realize this is pure speculation. Specially for Alonso who won nothing while in Ferrari.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    And this is truly uncalled for.

And you do realize this is pure speculation. Specially for Alonso who won nothing while in Ferrari.
    He has a habbit of stating assumptions like they are facts.

And this is truly uncalled for.
    Sometimes people need to be shocked back to reality.

The point is that all this conjecture is useless.

Seb screwed the pooch, the team screwed the pooch some more. Fans are left empty handed for a straight decade. Who cares who could or could not have won. Saying Schumacher would have won is completely without merit. It requires comparing different formulas in different time periods with a never ending list of variables. It's a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    He has a habbit of stating assumptions like they are facts.
    Facts or not his assumptions are correct. Three races in a row (Monza, japan, Austin) Vettel made contact with other people and found himself back of the grid, Crashed out of the lead, made contact/crashed out at the start of GP. And unlike Hamilton, Vettel never suffered any mechanical DNF this year.

Vettel in 2018 made more mistake than Alonso made in his entire Ferrari career. And his 2017 season wasn't clean either. Sadly, I think, Vettel's performance also impacted the people working at Maranello. They, maybe, got frustrated seeing how their hard work wasted by someone who's a 4x WDC but is making mistakes not even Sirotkin makes.