Thread: 2018 F1 news

Quote Originally Posted by NasI View Post
    There is nothing good in sports in Europe except soccer.
    LOL what?
    Forza Ferrari

OMG Americans are the number one sport destroyers in the world, and going all Electric cars is way to go, I can’t understand how you will have drag racing in Miami one yard under water in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    OMG Americans are the number one sport destroyers in the world, and going all Electric cars is way to go, I can’t understand how you will have drag racing in Miami one yard under water in the near future.

I agree electric and autonomous is the way to go for heavily dense populated areas where smog and congestion is rampant in parts of the world but at least our government will not force us into going electric.

It's true America is not good at soccer. I'd like to see any other country send out a team to play USA football! They like you said , would get destroyed! BTW Miami is earthquake, and volcano free! F= Pirelli needs Miami !

Nobody else plays it, that's why it's called American Football? Sports centricity has taken a page from Marx, in a way sports are now an (The?) opiate of the masses and F1 may be the last and only intellectual sport?

AMuS: Pirelli’s contract with Formula 1 expires at the end of 2019. The FIA ​​is currently collecting applications for a new three-year contract from 2020. A decision will be taken in September. Beside Pirelli, Hankook (already supplying DTM and F3) appears to be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    AMuS: Pirelli’s contract with Formula 1 expires at the end of 2019. The FIA ​​is currently collecting applications for a new three-year contract from 2020. A decision will be taken in September. Beside Pirelli, Hankook (already supplying DTM and F3) appears to be interested.
    Would be cool to have both, then we would get good racing

One will nail it, the other will be tire hindered, please no tire Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    Would be cool to have both, then we would get good racing
    maybe. There are a couple things I don't like with tyre selection. One, being: Why does Pirelli pick the tyres for said race? Let the teams pick their own tyres. Also, there's too many compounds.....for instance...I doubt the hard compounds will ever get used this season.

I will give credit to Pirelli for dealing with the demands of F1 as it is always in constant flux when it comes to tyres amongst a great many other aspects F1 demands. If Hankook gets picked, it can be a rough 1st yr season for Hankook as well as the teams. Pirelli have had their issues and there quick to rectify them.

no we don't want that again.

Personally I don't think I'd ever want to see tire war in F1 again. It's really miserable when you are on the slower one.
    And now, we no longer have unlimited testing, so it's not going to end well

Pirelli has turned gran prix racing into a very colorfull sport for sure! I'm waiting for butter to be the main ingredient in the future super ultra soft tire.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Pirelli has turned gran prix racing into a very colorfull sport for sure! I'm waiting for butter to be the main ingredient in the future super ultra soft tire.
    I waiting for Pirelli to produce super hyper ultra max tyre. Which will be only for mercs.

This is normal at this time of year, especially with the aero changes, it makes sense.

Renault Sport Formula One Team is pleased to announce a strengthening of its design team with Matthew Harman as Deputy Chief Designer, as it looks to consolidate performance in the FIA Formula One World Championship.

and

Force India

Auto Motor und Sport claims that Formula One Management, controlled by Liberty Media, is "currently helping out with a loan".

Auto Motor und Sport said "five buyers" are shaping up to buy the embattled team, and they may include British energy drink Rich Energy, Mercedes and Force India title sponsor BWT.

Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    Nobody else plays it, that's why it's called American Football? Sports centricity has taken a page from Marx, in a way sports are now an (The?) opiate of the masses and F1 may be the last and only intellectual sport?
    American baseball !! All over town! Australia plays similar football than the USA . F=Pirelli indeed has turned into a intellectual sport. Just keeping up with tires and colors ! Old school F=1 used to talk about engine Hp etc.

Quote Originally Posted by roddick_andy View Post
    Alonso has been extra salty these past few days. The guy should just leave already.

Quote Originally Posted by Deephouse View Post
    Alonso has been extra salty these past few days. The guy should just leave already.
    Alonso has millions of reasons to stay even with a not so hot win wise team. Besides, he's all over the racing world and admired.

Its called a contract.

Reagrding Alonso's recent "undeserved thropies" rant I will predict this. The last thing Alonso will say exiting Formula 1 will be "these last few years McLaren has done all this (failures, my remark) out of spite to hinder my greatness".

Quote Originally Posted by NasI View Post
    There is nothing good in sports in Europe except soccer.
    There is no such thing as soccer.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

On the contrary, what you just said is the definition of racing.
    Some people get things right, some people do not.
    I only wish there was tyres war, engines war , different specs entirely, V12, V10, V8, everything in the mix.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    On the contrary, what you just said is the definition of racing.
    Some people get things right, some people do not.
    I only wish there was tyres war, engines war , different specs entirely, V12, V10, V8, everything in the mix.
    No man, too much difference is the contrary of racing; one team can have the best car and driver and the worst tires, and lost the “races” because will be unable to compete.

More difference, less racing; more like a technical race really.

No man, too much difference is the contrary of racing; one team can have the best car and driver and the worst tires, and lost the “races” because will be unable to compete.

More difference, less racing; more like a technical race really.

Teams should be able to compete in more fields , otherwise we can just turn F1 in a specs series.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Teams should be able to compete in more fields...
    Agreed.
    I also believe a massive simplification and reduction in the rules will enable teams to move from back-marker to front-runner very quickly by shifting the emphasis to creativity.

As for tyres.

The situation now is insane. You have seven dry compounds (including an emergency tyre) and even that isn't enough as they have to be redesigned, in season, for some circuits. So in a crazy and laughable situation like this we might as well have a tyre war with two more manufacturers and 14 more compounds. It can't hurt, can it? It's a joke anyway.

With the above in mind I wonder if it would be better to have just one tyre? Let's say one tyre for qualifying and one for the race, on all circuits. Hard as stone and then the tyre factor would be eliminated. Similar to 2005 but that was only one tyre altogether, for quali and race. I know the 2005 rules hurt us massively but that's because 2004 was the benchmark.

Anyway, the tyre factor is too big. Million-dollar technology is developed just to have some rubber mixes basicly decide everything. Crazy and stupid.

F1 will lose all of its prestige if it becomes something akin to a spec series.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    As for tyres.

The situation now is insane. You have seven dry compounds (including an emergency tyre) and even that isn't enough as they have to be redesigned, in season, for some circuits. So in a crazy and laughable situation like this we might as well have a tyre war with two more manufacturers and 14 more compounds. It can't hurt, can it? It's a joke anyway.

With the above in mind I wonder if it would be better to have just one tyre? Let's say one tyre for qualifying and one for the race, on all circuits. Hard as stone and then the tyre factor would be eliminated. Similar to 2005 but that was only one tyre altogether, for quali and race. I know the 2005 rules hurt us massively but that's because 2004 was the benchmark.

Anyway, the tyre factor is too big. Million-dollar technology is developed just to have some rubber mixes basicly decide everything. Crazy and stupid.
    No. Just NO
    One tyre? Why?

I'd much prefer :
    1 qualify tyre.
    1 type of slick tyre
    1 type of intermediate
    1 tyre of wet tyre.

And at least two companies to make them.

Simple stuff.