Page 10 of 63 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223243560 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 F1 news

BREAKING NEWS: It's official, No more freakin grid girls......UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 31st January 2018 at 13:25.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    BREAKING NEWS: It's official, No more freakin grid girls......UNBELIVEABLE!!!!
    Feminism is a mental disease. The ugly girls complain coz they can't be grid girls and spoil it for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    Feminism is a mental disease. The ugly girls complain coz they can't be grid girls and spoil it for everyone
    Exactly, women that complain....so now the new owners have no choice but to scrap the grid girls....this is pathetic if u ask me, just PATHETIC
    Last edited by Rob; 31st January 2018 at 21:59.
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Forward not backward, this is a pathetic decision and an ill-thought out overreaction. There will now be ZERO female representation in F1?

Guys, a little class please....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

UGH... F1 is dying. Next there will be a rule that 50% of the drivers have to be women and points will be assigned based on how privileged you are. Sebastian Vettel wins: 1 point, fat, ugly, minority tranny in a wheel chair comes in 22nd = 4,506 points.

Stop the bus, I want to get off.

This political correctness is getting out of hand, but I suppose it gives us more room on the grid to change our spark-plugs.

All those beautiful girls lost a great freelance job :(

Can't say it will bother me in the slightest, not sure if I would know anyone who watches F1 for grid girls LOL
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Can't say it will bother me in the slightest, not sure if I would know anyone who watches F1 for grid girls LOL
    Yeah, but, you know...they were a good eye candy and tradition :((
    We can probably manage to live without them though...

Perhaps the grid girls future is with F E ? Is this Todt's new "Team orders?"
    Last edited by Brembo; 31st January 2018 at 19:38.

I do not watch F1 for the grid girls, but I find it increasingly aggravating that a vocal minority of complaining, gender baiting, hustlers dictate what is and isn't socially acceptable. Thanks for robbing some of the glitz and glamour from my sport, shrews!

Disappointed Since 2010

I don't think this is just F1's problem. This is where the world is heading to. Feminism is prevailing. Soon, there will be no grid girls in all of mainstream motorsport.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I don't think this is just F1's problem. This is where the world is heading to. Feminism is prevailing. Soon, there will be no grid girls in all of mainstream motorsport.
    So I guess no cheerleaders in the NFL either?

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    So I guess no cheerleaders in the NFL either?
    Well, America is a bit different. There will be chaos if there's no gird girls in the NFL lol. Western Europe is another story.

How very sad the world has become beautiful women with beautiful cars go hand in hand political correctness and feminism gone mad heaven help us three cheers for hot chicks it has always been that way globally iam well travelled and this is the case i guess moto gp is next poor valentino rossi he will be dissaponted.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Well, America is a bit different. There will be chaos if there's no gird girls in the NFL lol. Western Europe is another story.
    I could be wrong, but isn't F1 owned by an American company?

Disappointed Since 2010

There would be anarchy here in the states if they got rid of cheerleaders, boxing girls, UFC girls, motorcross girls, IMSA girls or any other sport that has girls in it promoting the event. By the way, did anyone bother to ask the F1 grid girls if THEY had a problem with it???? again, the PC police dictating for another body of what they think is morally and ethically correct without even asking that body (F1 grid girls) if they had a problem.

anyways....things get better

Anyone ready for timetable changes? It's possible? I was okay with the current schedule and did not mind getting up at 2:30am (only getting 4 to 5hrs of sleep) to watch practices and races BUUUUUUT....

F1 race start times could change in plans to boost TV ratings

Formula 1 race start times could be shifted back to 3.10pm at the majority of events from 2018 as part of an effort to boost the television audience.

This would mean typical European races would move away from the traditional 2pm start slot they have held for decades.

Furthermore, there is the idea to move the races back a further 10 minutes - to start at 3.10pm - to help better fit with commercial television channel coverage, especially with the American audience and the need to run adverts before the start.

It added a further practice session must take place the day before the race and the qualifying must "take place on the day before the race and will start no less than two hours after the end of P3."

The timetable changes will only apply for events that run to a normal daytime slot, with Singapore and Bahrain running to a full night race schedule and Abu Dhabi again expected to hold its event at dusk.

The start time of the French Grand Prix this year is also expected to be moved back another hour - to 4.10pm - in a bid to avoid a direct clash with the England vs Panama World Cup game that begins at 2pm French time.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...ce-start-times

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    This political correctness is getting out of hand, but I suppose it gives us more room on the grid to change our spark-plugs.

I could be wrong, but isn't F1 owned by an American company?
    The governing body is European though and it's an European based sport dominated by European manufacturers and viewership.

There would be anarchy here in the states if they got rid of cheerleaders, boxing girls, UFC girls, motorcross girls, IMSA girls or any other sport that has girls in it promoting the event.
    Yeah, can't imagine this happening in the U.S.
    Last edited by Stormy; 31st January 2018 at 21:36.

I guess Seb will have serious problem about this!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    I guess Seb will have serious problem about this!!!!!
    ....are you referring to that time in Monaco when they did half girls and half guys and his flag holder was a guy and he mouthed off about it??

....are you referring to that time in Monaco when they did half girls and half guys and his flag holder was a guy and he mouthed off about it??
    This reminded me that it could've been worse than ending up with no grid girls.

Moments like those made me proud that he represented our team.

Disappointed Since 2010

And while we're at it lets ban national anthems, remove all colors and team identifications and instead of the WCC and WDC we will just give everyone a "participation certificate".

DU5FVDZXUAAtpE1.jpg

2018 teamwear

Exactly !!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Moments like those made me proud that he represented our team.
    If he said something against the HALO as well, he would've been the perfect representative.

F1 drivers to wear biometric glove for 2018. Mandatory for 2019.

Late last year, a report indicated that the glove developed by the FIA will include a 3mm sensor that feeds lifesaving data to the medical team to help in the event of a serious crash.

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/95900...g&name=600x314

I'm sure there are many grid girls who enjoy what they are doing.
    It's not that different from modelling.

To me, grid girls are like those jets flyby, driver's parade, or that anthem part with the drivers standing at the front of the grid
    They serve no technical purpose, but they are all part of a race weekend fanfare.

F1 management should really be more careful that the sport doesn't end up being a platform for political/social agenda.