Page 36 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495061 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1861

Thread: 2018 F1 news

Extremely happy and proud to announce That I will be joining the @ McLaren F1 family next year. Dream like true to drive for such a legendary team!
    Sainz
    https://twitter.com/Carlossainz55/st...65947476934656
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

I think
    With Dani Ric gone to Renault
    Sains gone to Mcl
    Gasly going to RB
    Stroll going to F.I.
    Ocon or Rusel going to williams i guess
    Hartley and Vandoorne might be saved for one more year if the teams deem youngsters aren't ready
    Norris either replacing Vandoorne or going to T.R.

Sauber/Haas/Ferrari/merc staying as is for next year
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Kimi podium, Lotus 2012 Bahrain, then heavy drinking 16 days and after that podium in Spain. lol

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Heard Kimi released a book
    Yeah. It is written by finnish author Kari Hotakainen and called Tuntematon Kimi Räikkönen (The unknown Kimi Räikkönen). He and Kimi did press today about the book. Kimi was talkative and in a good mood.

Plenty of interesting quotes. Heavy drinking and how it did get worse after the death of Kimi's father during 2010. Apparently he was also hungover during his first press as a Ferrari driver. The second and happy marriage and the children made a huge difference.

English translation is coming later this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Lega Verde View Post
    The second and happy marriage and the children made a huge difference.
    Very nice to hear. He has a beautiful family. I look forward to reading the book in English.

Disappointed Since 2010

If we cant win in rain, we should not win the chapionships this year. A true champion shines in rain not afraid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    If we cant win in rain, we should not win the chapionships this year. A true champion shines in rain not afraid of it.
    I kind of agree with you, but i still think its more car related weakness than drivers. RB has great wet weather drivers but their car was terrible in the wets and even max and dani said they cant understand why.

Man i was really hype about the spa GP and was hoping for some redemption for ferrari after the last two horror races, now i wouldn't mind if they pushed the race a week later lol might be sunny

A few more Pirelli colors for rain should do the trick! It rains on every car in the race. Why would Ferrari be domed?

Stop panicking. It's still a week till the race, weather can change dramatically until then.

Indeed the weather here is changing by the day so no worries!

We just had our first rain since months here and it would be very unlucky for Ferrari if it would rain again just this weekend.

Maybe the most lucky champ in history lil lewis will have his luck AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

You are such a positive guy!?

Quote Originally Posted by springfield View Post
    Stop panicking. It's still a week till the race, weather can change dramatically until then.
    He's not panicking..... Wait for the season to restart

Melodramatic.

Spa in the rain is no joke for any team, but for Ferrari and Seb we don't need any outside influence on the proceedings if we are to stay in touch with HAM. Just being realistic, as our past efforts in the rain haven't been covered in glory. I would love to be proved wrong.

If you don't like the weather in Spa, wait five minutes.

Disappointed Since 2010

Actually I checked the weather yesterday. Different site. It wasn't calling for rain. Only 20% chance.

Today it is upgraded to 40% chance. And it says "AM Showers".

As long as it doesn't rain during the race. We're fine. Even with the cooler temperatures, the horsepower advantage of the red car should be enough.

It's great to see that I'm not alone believing Horsepower is still a main factor; IMO the main factor in winning a F1 race. Not just tires, chassis , areo, weather and so on. A little or a lot of luck is also any drivers help.

Spa in wet conditions is very different to any other circuit in the rain. It has its own life so to speak. Everything is longer (straights) and bigger (corners) compared to other circuits. Also ad the elevation difference to that. Spa in the rain is the only circuit I'm not afraid of Ferrari having a disadvantage compared to Merc. You need a different kind of downforce there.

As for Mercs lead in both championships. It really doesn't matter if we're 10 points behind or if we would be 40 points ahead. If Merc outdevelops Ferrari from Spa onwards a 40 point lead would still not be enough as a 1-2 compared to a 3-4 is 16 points. But obviously if the strenght of both packages is the same as a month ago then a 40 point lead would have been very good. But being 10 points behind is very much doable if nothing has changed. Seb being 24 points behind Lewis is a much harder task to overcome. I think in a best possible scenario Lewis will have to make a similar mistake as Seb did in Germany and score 0 points for the WDC title fight to be on again. Otherwise Seb will probably have to win 3-4 races more than Lewis. That's tough.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    Spa in wet conditions is very different to any other circuit in the rain. It has its own life so to speak. Everything is longer (straights) and bigger (corners) compared to other circuits. Also ad the elevation difference to that. Spa in the rain is the only circuit I'm not afraid of Ferrari having a disadvantage compared to Merc. You need a different kind of downforce there.

As for Mercs lead in both championships. It really doesn't matter if we're 10 points behind or if we would be 40 points ahead. If Merc outdevelops Ferrari from Spa onwards a 40 point lead would still not be enough as a 1-2 compared to a 3-4 is 16 points. But obviously if the strenght of both packages is the same as a month ago then a 40 point lead would have been very good. But being 10 points behind is very much doable if nothing has changed. Seb being 24 points behind Lewis is a much harder task to overcome. I think in a best possible scenario Lewis will have to make a similar mistake as Seb did in Germany and score 0 points for the WDC title fight to be on again. Otherwise Seb will probably have to win 3-4 races more than Lewis. That's tough.
    Ferrari should be stronger than Merc at the next 3 races atleast... and It's hard to finish 2nd everytime, also hard to win everytime...

Let's take it one race at a time.

Räikkönen with competitive engine (finally) and current aerodynamics will be hard to beat on Spa. I think he could win even in wet conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lega Verde View Post
    Räikkönen with competitive engine (finally) and current aerodynamics will be hard to beat on Spa. I think he could win even in wet conditions.
    This is also key. He'll finally have a package capable of taking points away from Mercs in the next races.

Also, I think he could win in Spa regardless of the conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    This is also key. He'll finally have a package capable of taking points away from Mercs in the next races.

Also, I think he could win in Spa regardless of the conditions.
    well, kimi has been nicknamed the KING of Spa for a reason....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post

I agree. Development will be key. In the upcoming tracks overtaking will be quite possible, so if you have the better package, you can move forward easily. I think we can have high hopes for our R&D, based on this years performance. Mercs will also have a bigger update coming, that I am sure of, but they seem to fine-tune their car while paying extreme attention to reliability which enables smaller leaps. As for Lewis, I am not so sure he would make a similar mistake. Over the years he developed into a more conservative race driver, who gets the job done when it really matters yet he is lightning quick when needed, no necessary risks taken. Among other factors, that earned him last year the championship. The only hope I can think of regarding him making a mistake is one of his "off-days" when he is wondering around P4-5 instead of P1-2. I hope I am wrong but I sense more drama coming this year.

Oh my god..there he is again..

Throwing the towel one week in advance..

How on earth did you ever become a Ferrari- fan..?

I agree. Development will be key. In the upcoming tracks overtaking will be quite possible, so if you have the better package, you can move forward easily. I think we can have high hopes for our R&D, based on this years performance. Mercs will also have a bigger update coming, that I am sure of, but they seem to fine-tune their car while paying extreme attention to reliability which enables smaller leaps. As for Lewis, I am not so sure he would make a similar mistake. Over the years he developed into a more conservative race driver, who gets the job done when it really matters yet he is lightning quick when needed, no necessary risks taken. Among other factors, that earned him last year the championship. The only hope I can think of regarding him making a mistake is one of his "off-days" when he is wondering around P4-5 instead of P1-2. I hope I am wrong but I sense more drama coming this year.
    if you have the better package, you should qualify on POLE....so no need to move forward....

let's hope Ferrari will have the better package at next 2 races and Seb's task will be to put that Ferrari on POLE and win the race on sunday
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by wappad View Post
    Oh my god..there he is again..

Throwing the towel one week in advance..

How on earth did you ever become a Ferrari- fan..?
    The chance for rain becoming higher every day, and judging by the past two GPs we are not at Merc lvl yet

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    The chance for rain becoming higher every day, and judging by the past two GPs we are not at Merc lvl yet
    Yeah, but we had a month to work and remedy the issues we had in wet conditions; I’m sure Ferrari has worked hard in identifying the issues they had and fixing them ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Yeah, but we had a month to work and remedy the issues we had in wet conditions; I’m sure Ferrari has worked hard in identifying the issues they had and fixing them ASAP
    Are you sure it's the car that has issues in wet? I'm not sure