Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324253661 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 F1 news

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Attachment 7358

2018 teamwear
    A step in the right direction. I like how it's more understated. I don't dig the UPS logo or the sponsors on the sleeves though. Shell is cool, however.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I'm sure there are many grid girls who enjoy what they are doing.
    It's not that different from modelling.

To me, grid girls are like those jets flyby, driver's parade, or that anthem part with the drivers standing at the front of the grid
    They serve no technical purpose, but they are all part of a race weekend fanfare.

F1 management should really be more careful that the sport doesn't end up being a platform for political/social agenda.
    +1

I read some comments that some of the grid girls were also there to "entertain" some of the VIPs during the weekend. Any truth to this?

As we say some good things,we "have" tp say the bad ones also. Again its all rumours .
    https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/mi...valli-1001183/
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Times for the 2018 F1 season (FP's, Quali, Race)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DU9f8MLX4AAAcdC.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Times for the 2018 F1 season (FP's, Quali, Race)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DU9f8MLX4AAAcdC.jpg
    I think people in Australia and New Zealand are not so glad about this.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    As we say some good things,we "have" tp say the bad ones also. Again its all rumours .
    https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/mi...valli-1001183/
    Come on, not again

FerrariSteve Guest
    I can't say I'm bothered about the Grid Girls, sure it's a shame they've lost jobs, that's never a good thing. However I can't say I'll miss them as I barely even gave them a second glance.

Quite frankly if they are removing anything from the grid, I'd MUCH prefer they remove the "so-called" Celebs, who are there only to be seen there and because it's a freebie for them and they have no clue about F1 and no interest in the sport whatsoever and quite frankly I'm sick of the TV director wasting time showing some Z-list celeb in the paddock in the middle of races and us miss the action.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    I can't say I'm bothered about the Grid Girls, sure it's a shame they've lost jobs, that's never a good thing. However I can't say I'll miss them as I barely even gave them a second glance.

Quite frankly if they are removing anything from the grid, I'd MUCH prefer they remove the "so-called" Celebs, who are there only to be seen there and because it's a freebie for them and they have no clue about F1 and no interest in the sport whatsoever and quite frankly I'm sick of the TV director wasting time showing some Z-list celeb in the paddock in the middle of races and us miss the action.
    Couldn't agree more, and podium interviews by those 'celebs' are also embarrassing. Liberty seem to be trying to make it more of a show to entice US fans, but it will probably not sit well with the traditional European fans, old cronies like myself!!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Couldn't agree more, and podium interviews by those 'celebs' are also embarrassing. Liberty seem to be trying to make it more of a show to entice US fans, but it will probably not sit well with the traditional European fans, old cronies like myself!!
    They should only invite celebrities for podium interviews who are known motorsport fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    They should only invite celebrities for podium interviews who are known motorsport fans.
    My point exactly, Stormy. And who know what they are talking about!!

Harmless but charming and pleasant grid girls back please and no more inane questions from clowns, "celebrities" and other big name know-nothings, sycophants and vacuous flatterers. Keep it professional and if it isn't "entertaining"
    then at least it should not be silly (although many out there in tv land eat up that kind of garbage because they're fed it in other less dignified sports). Professional, technical and classy are the main ways to go and a smiling lady is always an asset and not just a filler. There are many very intelligent ladies covering our sport (tho not the drivel feed here in the US) and that some are also attractive can't be criticized.

You could not have said it better !!

Can't wait for Barcelona testing. Any gut feelings about this year guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Can't wait for Barcelona testing. Any gut feelings about this year guys?
    Love the way the team says nothing
    I like this low profile approach.
    Words from a lot of italians bloggers (reliable?) said the team is believing to have designed a very strong contenter.
    Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by jpalmito View Post
    Love the way the team says nothing
    I like this low profile approach.
    Words from a lot of italians bloggers (reliable?) said the team is believing to have designed a very strong contenter.
    Time will tell.
    Couldn't agree more! But as a fan, i'm eager for some (good) news and info. Oh well, if its for the sake of dellivering a strong contender, so be it. Can't wait for Bacelona testing, though...

Barcelona testing will be for reliability mainly with some aero testing as well i.e. number of laps. Both cars need to do all the GP's combined and beyond in a single season during this testing. It is not for lap times or speed traps but mainly for laps....alot of them. The more time the car or cars sit in the pits, the less laps during this testing the car or cars will have. Again, it is all for reliability.

I also want to see the new liveries. Mid-season(summer break) will be a good indicator of where we stand with Mercedes.

Barcelona testing will be for reliability mainly with some aero testing as well i.e. number of laps. Both cars need to do all the GP's combined and beyond in a single season during this testing. It is not for lap times or speed traps but mainly for laps....alot of them. The more time the car or cars sit in the pits, the less laps during this testing the car or cars will have. Again, it is all for reliability.

I also want to see the new liveries. Mid-season(summer break) will be a good indicator of where we stand with Mercedes.
    Even in tests we cant be 100% sure for reliability (and performance). Remember last year we did the hole tests with 1!! pu and even Merc put a 2nd one on the last test.
    End in the season we had far more reliability problems then them !!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Even in tests we cant be 100% sure for reliability (and performance). Remember last year we did the hole tests with 1!! pu and even Merc put a 2nd one on the last test.
    Yeah but i think our reliability problems came with a latter PU version?

Strongly believe we used one PU per test session.
    So two PU for the whole test.
    Mercedes was the only one with one PU for two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by jpalmito View Post
    Strongly believe we used one PU per test session.
    So two PU for the whole test.
    Mercedes was the only one with one PU for two weeks.
    Νο. We used just 1 for all tests.Merc put their "Melbourne spec" on the last one
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Yeah but i think our reliability problems came with a latter PU version?
    We also had some turbo problems from the start.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I don't believe it will just be Mercedes we need to look out for, all the teams will have closed up with many using new power units (ICE) so more competition will surely come from other sources as much as Mercedes. The 3-engine limit will be the probably be the source of many a problem too.

Does anyone know if gpupdate.net has seized operating?

Engine change to .9 ltrs of oil per 100km during the mid season (June I believe); Merc. made the change. I don't think there will be one for 2018. Plus Merc. tested a new "spec" engine for 2018 in the last two GP's of 2017....so kinda ahead already.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    Does anyone know if gpupdate.net has seized operating?
    It's up and running. Just checked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    A step in the right direction. I like how it's more understated. I don't dig the UPS logo or the sponsors on the sleeves though. Shell is cool, however.
    Why are they ditching the old logo? It can't possibly be an association to the Marlboro logo, can it? You’d have to be a moron to think they looked alike

Quote Originally Posted by dicec2 View Post
    Why are they ditching the old logo? It can't possibly be an association to the Marlboro logo, can it? You’d have to be a moron to think they looked alike
    I actually liked the old logo, but have no problem with just the shield. I don't think they gave a reason for it.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I don't believe it will just be Mercedes we need to look out for, all the teams will have closed up with many using new power units (ICE) so more competition will surely come from other sources as much as Mercedes. The 3-engine limit will be the probably be the source of many a problem too.
    It will be Mercedes and RBR. The others are too far behind. Interesting to see where McLaren end up, if they can adapt to the Renault PU or get caught on the backfoot again. If they do get it right I suspect a battle for 4th with Force India, but i doubt they will finish ahead of them

Michael was 31 when he won his first driver's title with Ferrari. And this year Seb turns...31.
    just sayin'