Page 43 of 63 FirstFirst ... 182930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1861

Thread: 2018 F1 news

2005: 112 -60

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    2005: 112 -60
    Yeah when JPM missed half the season LOL

But yeah ok he dominated Crashjean, remarkable
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I have high expectations of Ferrari's Driver Academy. I expect the rookies to hold their own against the team's aging champions, especially Raikkonen.
    Maybe Antonio is better than Ericsson and I think both Leclerc and Gio have talent, but don't see them bothering Vettel and Raikkonen too much at this point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yeah when JPM missed half the season LOL

But yeah ok he dominated Crashjean, remarkable
    Actually my... lets say friend, JPM missed half a season in 2006, while as you can see our forum colleague pointed out the year 2005. As for Grosjean you said "a teammate", which he was. Why do you keep throwing yourself under the bus?

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Actually my... lets say friend, JPM missed half a season in 2006, while as you can see our forum colleague pointed out the year 2005. As for Grosjean you said "a teammate", which he was. Why do you keep throwing yourself under the bus?
    Haters gonna hate.

Grosjean has beaten all his teammates since 2014 every single year by a wide margin. This year will change it though.

When it comes to Kimi, he cannot see things clearly.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

JPM missed races in 2005 also IIRC but sure he dominated Crashjean how silly of me to forget such an achievement. Ok so Kimi has for 1 season in his career dominated a team mate, does that make it better for you? LOL
    Forza Ferrari

JPM missed races in 2005 also IIRC but sure he dominated Crashjean how silly of me to forget such an achievement. Ok so Kimi has for 1 season in his career dominated a team mate, does that make it better for you? LOL
    He missed two races, hardly something to explain having almost half the points. Kimi beat all his McLaren teammates, 2-1 Coulthard, 2-0 JPM, 1-0 PDR.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    When it comes to Kimi, he cannot see things clearly.
    Of course, but I like poking him with the stick when he derails...

Hey! Be nice to our resident Kimi crank.

Disappointed Since 2010

It's still mostly true though, Kimi will not dominate anyone cause he ain't that good
    Forza Ferrari

It's still mostly true though, Kimi will not dominate anyone cause he ain't that good
    I do know your bending over backwards telling everyone he ain't that good

I do know your bending over backwards telling everyone he ain't that good
    Hardly, the stats are there for all to see. He was beaten by Massa, destroyed by Alonso and beaten by Seb, there is no reason to assume he will suddenly get any better as that would be pretty rare at his age in most sports. He is going to collect one last pay cheque while losing to another team mate.
    Forza Ferrari

Hardly, the stats are there for all to see. He was beaten by Massa, destroyed by Alonso and beaten by Seb, there is no reason to assume he will suddenly get any better as that would be pretty rare at his age in most sports. He is going to collect one last pay cheque while losing to another team mate.
    With Felipe it was 1-1, lets not dig that up. He has indeed lost against Fred and Seb, the facts show it. I might add that many people think there is a difference between Alonso,Seb and Giovinazzi but again everyone is entitled to an opinion, no matter how biased it is.

When you are loosing the argument you move the goalpost. Typical tactic of losers.

When you are loosing the argument you move the goalpost. Typical tactic of losers.
    I did not see him losing (not loooooosing) something.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

One more goalpost to move. 2003 was pretty dominant also: Räikkönen 91 - Coulthard 51

As we all remember Kimi ended up just two points behind Michael. That McLaren wasn't that great. Third on WCC behind Williams as well.

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

I really dont see the point for this statement

Of course he does not decide, otherwise Kimi would’ve had another one year contract

BREAKING: Kvyat seals shock #F1 return with @ToroRosso for 2019
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

second TR seat is rumored to be between Hartley, Wehlein, Mick Schumacher(hope not because we need him) and far away chance for Ticktum
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    second TR seat is rumored to be between Hartley, Wehlein, Mick Schumacher(hope not because we need him) and far away chance for Ticktum
    Kvyat is old news, knew for 3 weeks he will sign at Sochi. From what I understand Ticktum and Mick will not join. The favorite as of a month ago is Wehrlein.

Hartley staying seems like the most logical thing to do.

Toro Rosso taking a Mercedes driver (if Wehrlein is still with them) makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaria View Post

Toro Rosso taking a Mercedes driver (if Wehrlein is still with them) makes no sense.
    Wehrlein is no more tied with Mercedes

https://www.supersport.com/motorspor...edes_deal_ends

Schumi jr. needs one more year in more competitive environment at least.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaria View Post

Wehrlein is not still with Mercs, it was probably the condition set by TR(RBR) to get him in that car. Wehrlein asked for termination and Toto gave it to him. Toto has his hands full with putting Ocon in that Williams, doesn't have time and space for Wehrlein.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/bernie...e-too-italian/

Ferrari’s biggest problem is that they are “too Italian”, that’s according to former F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone.

Although Ferrari had arguably the fastest car on the grid at various stages of this campaign, they failed to capitalise.

Losing races they were expected to win, most recently Italy and Singapore, Sebastian Vettel has fallen 50 points off the pace.

In the battle for the Constructors’ title, they trail Mercedes by 53 points.

Asked what he believes has gone wrong, former F1 boss Ecclestone told ESPN: “It’s too Italian. I said to somebody the other day it’s back to the old days.”

Pressed on whether by ‘the old days’ he meant prior to Jean Todt, Ross Brawn and Michael Schumacher, who won five titles in a row in the early 2000s, he said: “Yes. Before.

“We got Todt to go there and look after things a little bit, so it wasn’t Italian too much, and Michael was running the team. So it was all a bit different.

“I think they’re missing that sort of a set-up now.”

This is not the first time that Ferrari have been criticised for being too Italy.

Read more: Conclusions from the Russian GP

In 2009 Niki Lauda declared that a return to the “spaghetti culture” was costing Ferrari in the factory, and ultimately out on track.

Ecclestone reckons part of today’s problem is that unlike at Mercedes, Ferrari’s parent company has a big say in the operating of the F1 team.

“Ferrari have got a completely different way of going on to Mercedes, haven’t they,” he added.

“Mercedes has got a team that’s pure, all they do is racing, it’s nothing to do with the manufacturer.

“Ferrari is looking after their car production side of things, gearing that more or less to their Formula One performances. So it’s run in a different way.”

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi..._for_Juventus/

Maurizio Arrivabene could leave his role as Ferrari team principal for Italian football giants Juventus, according to reports in Italy. Widespread reports in Italian media have suggested that Arrivabene – already a member of Juventus' board – is a leading candidate to replace departing CEO Giuseppe Marotta.

The Serie A champions recently confirmed that Marotta will leave his role by the end of October, after eight years in the role.

Under Marotta's watch, Juve have dominated Italian football, winning seven-straight championships.

This summer's signing of Cristiano Ronaldo is likely to extend the Turin club's stronghold over Serie A, as well as boost their hopes in the Champions League.

Arrivabene has close links to the Agnelli family, who own both Juventus and the FIAT company, which incorporates Ferrari – and has served on Juve's board since 2012.

The 61-year-old was appointed Scuderia team principal in November 2014 and has led their revival in the title picture in recent seasons.

if he said that while Sergio was still around Bernie would be walking at the bottom of Lago di Garda with specially made to measure concrete shoes..... Ferrari mounted a semi decent challenge this year because they got rid of the foreign team members like James Allison who gladly went on mutliple investigation tirades against our current spec engine with the FIA. Forget the Ross / Todt / Schumi era. That is no longer obtainable. Mercedes are a fully british team bar the label on the car. Sergio wanted to make it an all Italian pride and hence why Giovinazzi is being groomed to join eventually + Leclerc (Monaco and speaks Italian)

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    if he said that while Sergio was still around Bernie would be walking at the bottom of Lago di Garda with specially made to measure concrete shoes..... Ferrari mounted a semi decent challenge this year because they got rid of the foreign team members like James Allison who gladly went on mutliple investigation tirades against our current spec engine with the FIA. Forget the Ross / Todt / Schumi era. That is no longer obtainable. Mercedes are a fully british team bar the label on the car. Sergio wanted to make it an all Italian pride and hence why Giovinazzi is being groomed to join eventually + Leclerc (Monaco and speaks Italian)
    Quite right too regarding Ecclestone, although Lago di Garda is too nice a place for him. As for Allison, we were all grateful for what he appeared to have brought to the Scuderia, only for him to have family tragedy, but that doesn't excuse what inside knowledge he may have subsequently passed on to the FIA regarding Ferrari's future innovations. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with an Italian team which is trying to uphold that country's pride, Italy desperately needs it as much as our beloved team.