Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425263762 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 F1 news

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    It will be Mercedes and RBR. The others are too far behind. Interesting to see where McLaren end up, if they can adapt to the Renault PU or get caught on the backfoot again. If they do get it right I suspect a battle for 4th with Force India, but i doubt they will finish ahead of them
    why so pessimist bro?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Michael was 31 when he won his first driver's title with Ferrari. And this year Seb turns...31.
    just sayin'
    I'm optimistic

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    why so pessimist bro?
    Yeah bro, why?? U don’t seem to include Ferrari in the fight at all. Why?
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Yeah bro, why?? U don’t seem to include Ferrari in the fight at all. Why?
    He is clearly saying Merc and RBR will be our competition no?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by dicec2 View Post
    Why are they ditching the old logo? It can't possibly be an association to the Marlboro logo, can it? You’d have to be a moron to think they looked alike
    Maybe the split with Santander has something to do with it? Nevertheless, you can never go wrong with just the shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    He is clearly saying Merc and RBR will be our competition no?
    Obviously

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    It will be Mercedes and RBR. The others are too far behind. Interesting to see where McLaren end up, if they can adapt to the Renault PU or get caught on the backfoot again. If they do get it right I suspect a battle for 4th with Force India, but i doubt they will finish ahead of them
    yep, top 3 then Mclaren and FI-->should be interesting as both teams have good drivers.....well one has alot more experience than the other 3.

F1 replaces 'grid girls' with 'grid kids' this year, "chosen by their motorsport clubs on merit, or by lottery, and will already be competing in karting or junior formulae", FIA announces

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    F1 replaces 'grid girls' with 'grid kids' this year, "chosen by their motorsport clubs on merit, or by lottery, and will already be competing in karting or junior formulae", FIA announces
    They opted for something similar to soccer.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    They opted for something similar to soccer.
    true.....but Formula E does this as well. They (FE) congratulated F1 for banning grid girls. Niki Lauda and Bernie don't like it. MotoGP boss responded and said they are keeping grid girls....someone with some backbone IMO.

true.....but Formula E does this as well. They (FE) congratulated F1 for banning grid girls. Niki Lauda and Bernie don't like it. MotoGP boss responded and said they are keeping grid girls....someone with some backbone IMO.
    Yeah, guess MotoGP not being a part of the FIA has something to do with it.

FerrariSteve Guest
    Liberty jeez.. Can we have Bernie back please? this is like lunatics running the asylum, what idiotic scheme will they think up next?

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    Liberty jeez.. Can we have Bernie back please? this is like lunatics running the asylum, what idiotic scheme will they think up next?

Yeah giving kids involved in motorsport a chance to get on the grid with F1 stars sure seems like a stupid idea.
    Forza Ferrari

Yeah giving kids involved in motorsport a chance to get on the grid with F1 stars sure seems like a stupid idea.
    How bout grid girls with grid kids.....just throwin that out. It's a win-win for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by dicec2 View Post
    Why are they ditching the old logo? It can't possibly be an association to the Marlboro logo, can it? You’d have to be a moron to think they looked alike
    To put it simply, yes its the reason. Ferrari and Marlboro still be partners, but Marlboro will be "sidelined" and will favour the other Phillip Morris brand in "ecigs" called IQOS. Ferrari used the old logo as a smart way of getting around the non tobacco advertising since they banned our old barcode logo.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

really? idiotic? its good. Its great for young kids to get involved early, and a good way to get new young fans. Its great idea.Kids 0n the grid, get chance to get up and close with their "hereos" and F1. cars.

F1 = Speed+Danger+Glamour

a bit off topic, but you'll enjoy it..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYfqPDgL37A

Can't say it will bother me in the slightest, not sure if I would know anyone who watches F1 for grid girls LOL
    That's just the point Greig, none of us do, even, I suspect, the more 'casual' F1 fans.. Nobody IS bothered apart from a few gobby self-appointed 'activists'.

So why 'ban' them? Political correctness!

#f1gridgirls are just part of the overall razzamatazz, the 'circus', the show. It seems the ladies themselves love it and get well paid.

It is symptomatic of a once gradual, now fast accelerating headlong rush to appease the most vociferous "oppressed minorities".

I know politics is a no go area on this site but we are on a slippery slope.
    Trying to be less angry..

I can't say I'm bothered about the Grid Girls, sure it's a shame they've lost jobs, that's never a good thing. However I can't say I'll miss them as I barely even gave them a second glance.

Quite frankly if they are removing anything from the grid, I'd MUCH prefer they remove the "so-called" Celebs, who are there only to be seen there and because it's a freebie for them and they have no clue about F1 and no interest in the sport whatsoever and quite frankly I'm sick of the TV director wasting time showing some Z-list celeb in the paddock in the middle of races and us miss the action.
    Seconded..

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Couldn't agree more, and podium interviews by those 'celebs' are also embarrassing. Liberty seem to be trying to make it more of a show to entice US fans, but it will probably not sit well with the traditional European fans, old cronies like myself!!
    "Old = BAD, new = GOOD!" Repeat ad nauseam.. I despair!

Not a bad idea at all but there's room for both. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

does this mean cheerleaders will also be banned from NFL one day?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    does this mean cheerleaders will also be banned from NFL one day?
    Nope. Don't wanna get political but.....well....there it is. Not gonna happen stateside nor at the collegiate level.

Here's a checklist of F1's integration of kids. It's obvious which one they picked.

Attachment 7359

FerrariSteve Guest
    It's Formula one, not play school.

quite frankly if they didn't want grid girls then just have nobody holding the numbers, or have something like a raffle where they pull some random ticket numbers and the winning fans get to come down and hold the driver board, I'm sure most fans would love the chance to be so close to the cars.

quite frankly if they didn't want grid girls then just have nobody holding the numbers, or have something like a raffle where they pull some random ticket numbers and the winning fans get to come down and hold the driver board, I'm sure most fans would love the chance to be so close to the cars.
    good one. It could be male, female or kids holding the tickets.

As long as the fans are wearing Ferrari clothing and not in a drunken stooper.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 6th February 2018 at 11:03.

It's Formula one, not play school.

Yeah it's Formula One not a beauty contest.....don't see what your moaning about really. It's a very decent replacement and gets kids that are involved in motorsport to get close to F1, but maybe we should be discouraging youngsters in motorsport that would be a much better idea LOL. I don't know why you even watch F1 as all you do is moan about it?
    Forza Ferrari

[QUOTE=Greig;963131]Yeah it's Formula One not a beauty contest.....don't see what your moaning about really. It's a very decent replacement and gets kids that are involved in motorsport to get close to F1, but maybe we should be discouraging youngsters in motorsport that would be a much better idea LOL. I don't know why you even watch F1 as all you do is moan about it

Formula one is drivers risking their lives, glamour all around (grid girls etc..), roaring engines, and so on.
    The exact opposite of what we are observing right now.
    Don't be surprised if mythology is disappearing step by step.
    In France teen-agers doesn't care completely to get their driving license!!
    Instead of they buy car without license..