Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1035464748495051525354555657585960616263 LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 1861

Thread: 2018 F1 news

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Well can I blame Seb for a pitwall mistake? or the updates that did not work? You want to say any mistake is just team mistake right?

As I have already said Mercedes did not have a mistake free season on the pitwall or with updates etc, they still won both titles as their no1 driver did not turn into Maldonado....let that sink in a little bit. But at the end of the day you want to blame "team" so you are free to do so.
    And you're free to ignore all the facts - yes, those I mentioned actually were facts, not an opinion - and contrary to what you just said, whereas Mercedes did have their own mistakes in the season, surely you agree, that their ratio of mistakes come nowhere close to Ferrari's .
    Also, do try to address the elephant in the room, which is the repetition of mistakes year after year without a fault.
    That is what incompetence is all about and unless you know something I do not which I doubt, Mercedes does not exhibit the same behavior.
    So, no, again, I repeat this so it does sink in to you (I know, I know, hope dies last, even with you), I do not blame the team, but I do state facts, something that you don't like.

And yes, we have a clear issue with leadership, since if year in , year out , certain things fail to be corrected, that is up to the leadership to correct.

And oh, if you wish to go on and tell me that "oh, you 're blaming the team", go ahead and do that, but really, in any organization the failure in such levels go to the leadership. Not to the resources.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Just a heads up guys.

Mark your calenders. The unveiling of the "SF72-H" (maybe??) will be February 15th!!!
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Ah but I did nothing of the sort. Nice try tho:)
    Yes you really did as anyone can see.
    Forza Ferrari

All team resources come from or are missing due to good or insufficient leadership. The team nominates the #1 , #2 driver. Then it's up to the driver to do it for the team and himself.

I swear, FOM gets stupider by the day. Now they want to force constructors to share tech with new entrants. “Welcome to F1, here are all of our secrets”

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...ants-new-rules
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    I swear, FOM gets stupider by the day. Now they want to force constructors to share tech with new entrants. “Welcome to F1, here are all of our secrets”

Yeah, no way this can end in another 2007 Spygate...

Disappointed Since 2010

This would have helped Honda back in 2015. They would have been alot farther ahead methinks.

They are trying to get new engine manufacturers to join in the fray since the 2021 engine rules will.remain the same.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yes you really did as anyone can see.
    Sure :) We always agree with you. As the doctor has instructed us to.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Just a heads up guys.

Mark your calenders. The unveiling of the "SF72-H" (maybe??) will be February 15th!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Just a heads up guys.

Will it be a championship winner?? I hope so

Ferrari had a champion winner of a car this year. It can only get better, I hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Ferrari had a champion winner of a car this year. It can only get better, I hope!
    We can only hope that mate
    Only problem is Vetel, he’s NOT a true champion, more like a fake one with the help of Newey-designed rocket ships, that’s how he won FOUR championships
    If he doesn’t qualify on POLE, he’s nowhere and doesn’t know how to win a race, he needs to use his elbows more like Arrivabene said

Hopefully LeClerc will be the better of the 2 drivers in 2019
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    We can only hope that mate
    Only problem is Vetel, he’s NOT a true champion, more like a fake one with the help of Newey-designed rocket ships, that’s how he won FOUR championships
    If he doesn’t qualify on POLE, he’s nowhere and doesn’t know how to win a race, he needs to use his elbows more like Arrivabene said

Hopefully LeClerc will be the better of the 2 drivers in 2019
    I think he can do it. We just have to give him that car for him to fight for pole and better in the wet. Him to not make as many hotheaded decision and we will get it. Hope Charles can keep up the pace for the WCC.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    I think he can do it. We just have to give him that car for him to fight for pole and better in the wet. Him to not make as many hotheaded decision and we will get it. Hope Charles can keep up the pace for the WCC.
    That sounds right. If Ferrari gives him the car say equal to Lewis' Merc, great! Then it's up to Seb to drive his Ferrari car better than Lewis . Or who ever else might be up front fighting for the win. I just hope LeClerc gets blessed with just as good a car. Ferrari needs WCC !!!

First, there was no clear number one this season, Monza proved that. Second, I prefer Vettel over Raikkonen yes, but I am not a Vettel fan; I am a Ferrari fan. He has given better results since he arrived. Head to head he’s the better driver. I am not looking for excuses. Seb has made mistakes, but I still believe the team made mistakes as well and didn’t help him when they could have. Part of Mercedes dominance is also the way it has run its drivers for the last 5 years. Basically Hamilton is our only priority, and as a number 2 you need to accept that.
    Monza didn't prove anything - no team has ever done team orders at the start of the race.

Ferrari provided all of the above to Vettel this year, yet he still failed miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    And you're free to ignore all the facts - yes, those I mentioned actually were facts, not an opinion - and contrary to what you just said, whereas Mercedes did have their own mistakes in the season, surely you agree, that their ratio of mistakes come nowhere close to Ferrari's .
    Perhaps you should quantify these mistakes before claiming such "facts".

Also, do try to address the elephant in the room, which is the repetition of mistakes year after year without a fault.
    That is what incompetence is all about and unless you know something I do not which I doubt, Mercedes does not exhibit the same behavior.
    Are you saying Mercedes do not make mistakes, year after year?

So, no, again, I repeat this so it does sink in to you (I know, I know, hope dies last, even with you), I do not blame the team, but I do state facts, something that you don't like.

And yes, we have a clear issue with leadership, since if year in , year out , certain things fail to be corrected, that is up to the leadership to correct.
    I was extremely skeptical in late 2014 when i knew that Kimi/Vettel was to be our driver lineup for 2015. Both Alonso and Ricciardo had given Kimi and Vettel a hiding. There's always been the question in my head of "What if Alonso/Ricciardo were driving the cars?" and this question has become much prevalent in the last couple of years where we have had a car capable of winning the championship but the drivers have regularly dropped the ball.

It is up to the leadership to select the drivers, and at least they have attempted to improve one half of the driver lineup. It was quite clear that Kimi should have been replaced a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard Berger View Post
    Ferrari provided all of the above to Vettel this year, yet he still failed miserably.
    No they haven't. For example the car in the wet wasn't nowhere near Mercedes's level. Would he have won against an in form Lewis and Mercedes, if not for all those mistakes. Maybe yes or maybe not.
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 17th December 2018 at 17:03.

No they haven't. For example the car in the wet wasn't nowhere near Mercedes's level. Would he have won against an in form Lewis and Mercedes, if not for all those mistakes. Maybe yes or maybe not.
    It didn't rain every time Seb messed up. Tires and wet should have been an easy choice what with so many choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    It didn't rain every time Seb messed up. Tires and wet should have been an easy choice what with so many choices.
    Just an example of where the team can do better. Seb made many mistakes, no doubt about it. I just hope he doesn't do them again and Ferrari can provide him with an even better car.

I assume you mean "was nowhere" rather than "wasn't nowhere".

Kimi looked extremely fast in wet qualifying for Hungary - until he hit traffic on his final run. He certainly showed that Ferrari was no Mercedes' level in that session.

The problem is that Seb was not able to raise his game in the wet. Instead, it was the opposite - he kept making mistakes.

Just an example of where the team can do better. Seb made many mistakes, no doubt about it. I just hope he doesn't do them again and Ferrari can provide him with an even better car.
    It's possible that Seb might stop making mistakes. I think this might be possible if, as you say, we provide him with an even better car (i.e. a dominant car).

This then raises the question of, why do Ferrari pay him so much to be our star driver? Ferrari gave him a car that can fight for the championship in the last 2 seasons yet he has fallen well short on both occasions.

If he will only perform in a dominant car then Ferrari may as well hire a cheaper option.

It's possible that Seb might stop making mistakes. I think this might be possible if, as you say, we provide him with an even better car (i.e. a dominant car).

This then raises the question of, why do Ferrari pay him so much to be our star driver? Ferrari gave him a car that can fight for the championship in the last 2 seasons yet he has fallen well short on both occasions.

If he will only perform in a dominant car then Ferrari may as well hire a cheaper option.
    Couple of things. Only last year's car was capable of winning the title, IMO. There are only a handful of drivers capable of winning the title on grid, if that. None of them are cheap or some even not available for that matter. Personally, I was happy with the way the Ferrari team improved over the last years since Seb joined and worked together with Kimi to improve the car, Maurizio and of course our late great SM. The progress has been visible, catching a team with the most dominant car in history(Mercedes). I would have kept the team together for next year, but that's just me. If Kimi was to be replaced I would have went with Ricciardo, with Charles and Kimi in the Sauber. Charles could have learned from Kimi and if he beat him, put him in the Ferrari.

Couple of things. Only last year's car was capable of winning the title, IMO. There are only a handful of drivers capable of winning the title on grid, if that. None of them are cheap or some even not available for that matter. Personally, I was happy with the way the Ferrari team improved over the last years since Seb joined and worked together with Kimi to improve the car, Maurizio and of course our late great SM. The progress has been visible, catching a team with the most dominant car in history(Mercedes). I would have kept the team together for next year, but that's just me. If Kimi was to be replaced I would have went with Ricciardo, with Charles and Kimi in the Sauber. Charles could have learned from Kimi and if he beat him, put him in the Ferrari.
    Very well thought out. Charles will now have the weight of the F-1 world on his shoulders, and Seb hoping Charles isn't in driving school 2019. I too believe that seat should have been with a seasoned driver at least one more year. And who better than Kimi??

http://grandprix.com/news/ferraris-b...er-offers.html

To summarise the article about Binotto:
    - Binotto received offers from elsewhere.
    - He's not happy with Arrivabene/Vettel blaming the car for 2018 failures.
    - He still wants to continue with his goal of winning the titles for Ferrari, but needs clarity of his role and the environment he will work in.

I assume you mean "was nowhere" rather than "wasn't nowhere".

Kimi looked extremely fast in wet qualifying for Hungary - until he hit traffic on his final run. He certainly showed that Ferrari was no Mercedes' level in that session.

The problem is that Seb was not able to raise his game in the wet. Instead, it was the opposite - he kept making mistakes.
    It seems odd that Seb's first F1 win at Monza in the Toro Rosso-Ferrari was in the wet, so he can obviously handle those conditions, therefore it does point to the car rather than the driver, but everyone blames him for throwing away the German GP win this year. I'm still not convinced he would have won that race as he was on a different strategy to HAM and BOT who were chasing him down rapidly, until Seb tried too hard and binned it under very changeable conditions. The other errors later on in the season were out of desperation when the team lost the plot between Monza and Suzuka.

http://grandprix.com/news/ferraris-b...er-offers.html

To summarise the article about Binotto:
    - Binotto received offers from elsewhere.
    - He's not happy with Arrivabene/Vettel blaming the car for 2018 failures.
    - He still wants to continue with his goal of winning the titles for Ferrari, but needs clarity of his role and the environment he will work in.
    Well if a 70-year old ex-tobacco guy who's main job is to manage the team and doing a subpar job at it, and a driver who's solely responsible for losing at least 50 points on his own accord blames the car, I'd be unhappy too.

As someone who has defended Vettel, this is not an unfair point.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Well if a 70-year old ex-tobacco guy who's main job is to manage the team and doing a subpar job at it, and a driver who's solely responsible for losing at least 50 points on his own accord blames the car, I'd be unhappy too.
    +1
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

I never really understand the 3 or so races where Ferrari went into a development blackhole.

I work in development and one of the first steps you do when things go wrong is taking back to the lasting working known baseline.
    I don't understand why it too Ferrari so long to do this.