Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617182954 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 F1 news

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Ferrari and Red Bull reveal fresh 2018 logos

http://www.planetf1.com/news/ferrari...sh-2018-logos/

Ferrari and Red Bull have decided on some cosmetic surgery as both revealed new logos ahead of the 2018 season.

Ferrari ...... unveiled a new shield logo which simply includes the famous Prancing Horse and the Scuderia Ferrari initials.
    UHHHHHHH.....this is'nt new....HELLO!!!!! these are the old vintage logo's---> shield with the horse in the middle and S F on either side. ....C'mon planetF1!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    UHHHHHHH.....this is'nt new....HELLO!!!!! these are the old vintage logo's---> shield with the horse in the middle and S F on either side. ....C'mon planetF1!!!
    My thoughts exactly?!

its changed from this

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I have always liked that graphic.

Disappointed Since 2010

Kim started to practice all ready.

https://www.instagram.com/kimimatiasraikkonen/

Ross Brawn, F1's managing director of motorsports following Liberty Media's takeover of the sport, has outlined his vision of Formula 1's future. (VIDEO INTERVIEW w/Martin Brundle--14min 35sec)

He keeps bringing up the fans with regards to noise and design.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...-on-f1s-future

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Mclaren lost 7 sponsors of the likes of 100 million euro's. Aside from paying for their own engines and drivers salaries, they better turn it around for 2018 and get some constructor pts. $$$$$$$ or it does'nt look good for this iconic F1 team going forward 2018/2019.

https://motorlat.com/notas/f1/3512/m...F_VSoB.twitter

[QUOTE=jgonzalesm6;962688]Mclaren lost 7 sponsors of the likes of 100 million euro's. Aside from paying for their own engines and drivers salaries, they better turn it around for 2018 and get some constructor pts. $$$$$$$ or it does'nt look good for this iconic F1 team going forward 2018/2019.

After reading this, how can any fan question Clair Williams hiring Stroll who not only helped a little financially; but also brought in some points!

Raikkonen's race engineer Greenwood leaves Ferrari

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...errari-993650/

I'm thinking this could be good news for the old man raikkonen
    Drive it like you stole it!

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post

Why good news?
    They seemed to be able to work very good together..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post

yep, These are the changes...Diego Loverno will no longer be at the pit wall as Ferrari, while David Greenwood, Raikkonen track engineer, will return to the Manor to follow the WEC program. From Toro Rosso arrives in FDA Marco Matassa.

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    Why good news?
    They seemed to be able to work very good together..
    reference above on Ed Harley's post #97.....

Mercedes-Benz in 2018 with New engine, is that bad News or Good ???

FerrariSteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    Good for them, probably bad for everyone else :(

they tested it in the last 2 GP's of 2017, so you can say they are ahead in that aspect. They are still up in hp but 2018 will also determine reliability as the engine and components have to last 7 GP's before swapping them out. Mid-season should tell where Ferrari stands in hp and reliability. This whole era of F1 (2014 - current) has been focused on the engine and its reliability, chassis of course too, but mainly the engine....and when the lead car gets ahead, it cuts back on power to save the engine/components for the next GP....pathetic IMO.

Well it depends; if it,s NOT a reliable engine, then it’s good for us, and if it’s the other way around.....well u know the answer to that

But I’m sure Ferrari has not been sleeping and I’m sure if we do another good step as we did over the winter of 2016-2017 we,ll be much closer then Mercedes. ....or let’s hope better then them

But in all fairness we haven’t hard much news on ferrari so far, just like last year so let’s hope they,re looking something good on the back burner with lots of innovative things
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

they tested it in the last 2 GP's of 2017, so you can say they are ahead in that aspect. They are still up in hp but 2018 will also determine reliability as the engine and components have to last 7 GP's before swapping them out. Mid-season should tell where Ferrari stands in hp and reliability. This whole era of F1 (2014 - current) has been focused on the engine and its reliability, chassis of course too, but mainly the engine....and when the lead car gets ahead, it cuts back on power to save the engine/components for the next GP....pathetic IMO.
    Yup, I’d have to agree with you, totally pathetic......long gone are the days when drivers would push flat out the entire race
    Back in the day when real F1 cars would use real engines, not these pathetic so called power units.....back in the day when a fresh engine would be used for qualifying alone, then come race day a fresh engine would be strapped onto the car and go flat out the whole race.

I’m not saying that these engines are not a great piece of engineering, cause they are, they,re magnificent and they have outstanding efficiency but to my opinion they DO NOT belong in formula 1

In F1 we need much simpler engines (v8-v10) that are much cheaper and LOUDER because that’s what every Fan wants....at least that’s what I want
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Yup, I’d have to agree with you, totally pathetic......long gone are the days when drivers would push flat out the entire race
    Back in the day when real F1 cars would use real engines, not these pathetic so called power units.....back in the day when a fresh engine would be used for qualifying alone, then come race day a fresh engine would be strapped onto the car and go flat out the whole race.

I’m not saying that these engines are not a great piece of engineering, cause they are, they,re magnificent and they have outstanding efficiency but to my opinion they DO NOT belong in formula 1

In F1 we need much simpler engines (v8-v10) that are much cheaper and LOUDER because that’s what every Fan wants....at least that’s what I want
    Yeah but then the advanced development of technology in F1 will cease and the championship will slowly begin to wither and lose its status as the pinnacle of motorsport.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post

AMEN!!!

They didnt test new engines at all. Just parts. Also, it will be new engine....

"Some of it is big, fundamental bits of learning, combustion progress, friction reduction, new materials that unlock areas where we've been struggling with reliability. And sometimes it's just a surprise.

"There's still gains to be had [with this formula]. It's a plethora of marginal gains, five millisecond gains.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I welcome the logo change. The old faux-Marlboro logo was awful. Now that Santander are gone, while 2007-esque might be unlikely, I hope for a better livery with less white.

Daniil Kvyat to become Scuderia Ferrari’s development driver. ....

" I mean seriously......honestly, what are we doing" (Vettel - Sochi 2016)

Daniil Kvyat to become Scuderia Ferrari’s development driver. ....

" I mean seriously......honestly, what are we doing" (Vettel - Sochi 2016)
    Thats what I thought!

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    Thats what I thought!
    Ditto! Why not Gio???

Disappointed Since 2010

So in 2019 Vettel-Kvyat while Leclerc still gains experience at Sauber.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    So in 2019 Vettel-Kvyat while Leclerc still gains experience at Sauber.
    [arms up in the air with shoulder shrug]

Kvyat did well with STR then RB......no pressure....then Max came along and suddenly....PRESSURE....and thats when Mr. Torpedo got demoted back to STR.

I don't know what to say. Then the history with Vettel, which I'm sure both drivers will work things out.

Why am I smelling Russian money in this deal??

He'll just be a development driver like JEV. It looks like the team prefers former TR drivers to assist with development.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    He'll just be a development driver like JEV. It looks like the team prefers former TR drivers to assist with development.
    as in extract information from the opposing team???

as in extract information from the opposing team???
    Hah, it's possible But how much do TR drivers know about RB's technical secrets?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Hah, it's possible But how much do TR drivers know about RB's technical secrets?
    Well Kvyat did drive for RB