Page 44 of 63 FirstFirst ... 193031323334353637383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1861

Thread: 2018 F1 news

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    And there is absolutely nothing wrong with an Italian team which is trying to uphold that country's pride, Italy desperately needs it as much as our beloved team.
    The only thing wrong with it is that it limits its talent pool. A global talent pool yields stronger candidates than that of a single country. The team should retain its Italian identity by all means, but not restrict talented newcomers just because they don't come from Italy.

Disappointed Since 2010

There you go:

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/so...riori/3186153/

Translate accordingly.

If that is true no wonder MGP is so much quicker. Replicating 4 wheel steering is massive. Schumacher had tested it way back on the Benetton in Suzuka. It would explain the massive gain MGP achieved in the corners all of a sudden. If word goes out and the FIA ban the system then you would understand why they used team orders as their advantage would be nullified over night. However I'm pretty sure the FIA will do F all about this.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    if he said that while Sergio was still around Bernie would be walking at the bottom of Lago di Garda with specially made to measure concrete shoes..... Ferrari mounted a semi decent challenge this year because they got rid of the foreign team members like James Allison who gladly went on mutliple investigation tirades against our current spec engine with the FIA. Forget the Ross / Todt / Schumi era. That is no longer obtainable. Mercedes are a fully british team bar the label on the car. Sergio wanted to make it an all Italian pride and hence why Giovinazzi is being groomed to join eventually + Leclerc (Monaco and speaks Italian)
    Bernie has said it when SM was around. This is like the 2nd time he has said this.

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    The only thing wrong with it is that it limits its talent pool. A global talent pool yields stronger candidates than that of a single country. The team should retain its Italian identity by all means, but not restrict talented newcomers just because they don't come from Italy.
    +1

The F1 team needs to be diverse and guess where most of the talent pool is located??? IMO, they need a works station where most F1 teams are located.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

There you go:

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/so...riori/3186153/

Translate accordingly.

If that is true no wonder MGP is so much quicker. Replicating 4 wheel steering is massive. Schumacher had tested it way back on the Benetton in Suzuka. It would explain the massive gain MGP achieved in the corners all of a sudden. If word goes out and the FIA ban the system then you would understand why they used team orders as their advantage would be nullified over night. However I'm pretty sure the FIA will do F all about this.
    Final quote of the article -

"La FIA se controlla la Rossa con frequenza, perché non dà uno sguardo anche alla freccia d’argento…"
    "The FIA ​​controls the Red with frequency, because it does not even take a look at the silver arrow ..."

The FIA will never ban any merc update/tech. This is their formula, plain and simple. They will win every championship in this formula....
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

"La FIA se controlla la Rossa con frequenza, perché non dà uno sguardo anche alla freccia d’argento…"
    "The FIA ​​controls the Red with frequency, because it does not even take a look at the silver arrow ..."

The FIA will never ban any merc update/tech. This is their formula, plain and simple. They will win every championship in this formula....
    To be more precise translated would be: "The FIA checks the RED(Ferrari) frequently, WHY does it (FIA) never look at the Silver Arrow too?"

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

This is the problem when you are blinded by your bias.

Plenty have being banded on the Merc in the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    This is the problem when you are blinded by your bias.

Plenty have being banded on the Merc in the last few years.
    Like what, can u name a few?
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Like what, can u name a few?
    Oil burning.

The merc suspension has had to be redesigned about 3 times due to rule changes.

Oil burning.

Oil burning? That was us mate that had an extra tank of oil, not them, which affected us most then it Merc
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Oil burning? That was us mate that had an extra tank of oil, not them, which affected us most then it Merc
    The extra oil tank was removed earlier then the ruling on oil limits

I agree with your comments Giallo, Bernie has insulted the Italian way of doing things on several occasions and I even admit that it's a valid point in some situations where Ferrari seem to lose the plot, but it is an Italian team and carries with it the hopes of not just a nation but of tifosi such as myself who have no Italian connection but feel the same passione as a native! That doesn't exclude having talented people of other nationalities if they are of benefit to our team and don't divulge sensitive information!

That global talent pool got us Seb! A strong candidate for sure. Merc went to the pool and got the Great Brit. Lewis.
    Maybe Ferrari should break down and give Italy a try? If not for any other reason ; I remember Shumy going to the Ferrari table to eat even after he left the team. " E Bello Mangare!!"

Oil burning.

Hint : Just because of the FRIC incident (I imagine you refer to this) , that does not mean they won't try again.
    Also , may I remind you the illegal tyre testing just as something that went flying and nothing really happened about it ?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Does anyone know if the Ferrari still makes the "whirring" sound it used to?

That would be a give away that something was removed from the car.

no surprise seb is faster than kimi but really surprised how much closer bottas to Ham is. really thought with all the recent quali sessions that ham would be nearly half a second quicker so found that interesting. F.I neck and neck and the future legend leclerc glad to see him with the upper hand
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Bernie seems to be silent about Williams and McLaren. Both teams are British...

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post

no surprise seb is faster than kimi but really surprised how much closer bottas to Ham is. really thought with all the recent quali sessions that ham would be nearly half a second quicker so found that interesting. F.I neck and neck and the future legend leclerc glad to see him with the upper hand
    Bottas is a really solid driver. Hamilton being Hamilton, the most successful quali driver ever, he doesn't always shine as bright. The best 2nd driver for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DpE9R9iWsAENBl8.jpg

When car is class of the field, difference between two decent drivers is not much generally. But when car is crap, real driver always outshines by bigger margins

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    When car is class of the field, difference between two decent drivers is not much generally. But when car is crap, real driver always outshines by bigger margins
    Quote Originally Posted by Lega Verde View Post
    Bottas is a really solid driver. Hamilton being Hamilton, the most successful quali driver ever, he doesn't always shine as bright. The best 2nd driver for a while.
    good points
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Rosberg > Bottas

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post
    Rosberg > Bottas
    I agree. Rosberg was never number 2 though. Mercs were so dominant during 2014-2016 that they got away with the civil war between Lewis and Nico. Nico was a nasty one with his politics and mind games. His retirement made it easier for Vettel to battle for WDC.

I agree. Rosberg was never number 2 though. Mercs were so dominant during 2014-2016 that they got away with the civil war between Lewis and Nico. Nico was a nasty one with his politics and mind games. His retirement made it easier for Vettel to battle for WDC.
    His retirement made it easier for Lewis to dominate more likely. Lewis has no internal pressure and all the team is behind him. Just look at the news going around that Mercedes spent 30 million in a bid to improve the rear end of the car and beat Ferrari. If Rosberg was still around they would be eating away points from each other and actually Vettel would have stood a better chance of capitalising on the WDC. Similar to how Kimi got his while Lewis/Alonso battled each other. I jsut can't understand how certain drivers that make it to F1 resign to being a number two like Rubens (albeit the odd complaint here and there) / Massa (not willingly) / Bottas (Happy Puppy, yes master attitude). I mean when Bottas was almost matching Lewis and occasionally beating him in quali it shows he could have made a much better career in some other F1 team. Ah well I guess for some of them it's just a job and no ambition which distinguishes Champions from the rest.

His retirement made it easier for Lewis to dominate more likely. Lewis has no internal pressure and all the team is behind him. Just look at the news going around that Mercedes spent 30 million in a bid to improve the rear end of the car and beat Ferrari. If Rosberg was still around they would be eating away points from each other and actually Vettel would have stood a better chance of capitalising on the WDC. Similar to how Kimi got his while Lewis/Alonso battled each other. I jsut can't understand how certain drivers that make it to F1 resign to being a number two like Rubens (albeit the odd complaint here and there) / Massa (not willingly) / Bottas (Happy Puppy, yes master attitude). I mean when Bottas was almost matching Lewis and occasionally beating him in quali it shows he could have made a much better career in some other F1 team. Ah well I guess for some of them it's just a job and no ambition which distinguishes Champions from the rest.
    Like I said.

I think it is better to be number two on a winning team than be among the best of the rest. At least you have a change to win and if something afwul happens like in 1999 you might even have an opportunity for the title. You get paid for your efforts.

Bottas has had a unremarkable season. He has been poor throughout except in recent races where Merc have 0.5 s ahead. Kimi and Max have had a better season, even Ricciardo until he announced RBR that he will drive for Renault. Don't know what keeps happening to Ricciardo's car after he made that announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Bottas has had a unremarkable season. He has been poor throughout except in recent races where Merc have 0.5 s ahead. Kimi and Max have had a better season, even Ricciardo until he announced RBR that he will drive for Renault. Don't know what keeps happening to Ricciardo's car after he made that announcement.
    That is not true. Lewis beat him 4-3 in first seven races. That includes he Baku incident which was really bad for Bottas as he was forced to retire while leading the race due the puncture. It was all over for him WDC-wise when Vettel hit him on France on the first lap.

That is not true. Lewis beat him 4-3 in first seven races. That includes he Baku incident which was really bad for Bottas as he was forced to retire while leading the race due the puncture. It was all over for him WDC-wise when Vettel hit him on France on the first lap.
    It can't be all over after the 8th out of a 21 race season. He has been lacklustre in most races. I give you he has had some bad luck, but not more than our boys and certainly a lot less than Ricciardo for example.

FerrariSteve Guest
    ..oops sorry..
    Last edited by FerrariSteve; 11th October 2018 at 23:38. Reason: sorry posted in wrong area!