View Poll Results: will McLaren finally win a race this season

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    7 18.92%
  • No

    15 40.54%
  • unlikely, but Fernando at his best might pull off a win

    15 40.54%
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: will McLaren-Renault win a race in 2018

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    salco
    Posts
    2,168

    will McLaren-Renault win a race in 2018

    It seems amazing to me that McLaren have not won an F1 race since Brazil 2012.
    They should get a boost with their new engine supplier Renault, but will that be enough to secure a first win in over 5 years? what do you think F1 fans?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    28,619
    Nope
    Forza Ferrari

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    2,397
    I think it would be realistic for them to win a race this season but if they do it will be by sheer luck. My prediction for McLaren in the constructors is fourth place though, right behind RB.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stowmarket. U.K
    Posts
    17,470
    As much as would like to see them up front, i cannt see it happening. May be surprised, but cannt see it.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    2,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    As much as would like to see them up front, i cannt see it happening. May be surprised, but cannt see it.
    We'll see if they are able to produce a good chassis though by comparing them to RB.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,450
    The only way Mclaren(Alonso) would pull off a win is at a street track. Monaco at best. Get P1 during quali and it's a win.....unless the PU blows.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    2,238
    Οn shear speed,NO WAY !!!!
    They will be competitive and might have a couple of podiums and this under curtain circumstances.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    9,538
    No, I don't think Renault is quite there yet.
    So even if McLaren can come up with a strong chassis, like Red Bull they will be held back by the PU.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,316
    From our point of view, I hope not! But I'd never write them off, both teams have a winning history and they have a reasonable chance if the current top teams fail or make mistakes.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    4,415
    Why do we got a poll like this to be honest LOL! I really don’t care only want Ferrari see winning lot of races! Forza Ferrari
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,450
    Quote Originally Posted by fratelliferrari View Post
    Why do we got a poll like this to be honest LOL! I really don’t care only want Ferrari see winning lot of races! Forza Ferrari

    I think all of us do hence as to why we signed up at thescuderia.net. I don't have a problem with polls like this....In fact, I encourage it. At least it gives me a sense of others of their F1 knowledge and/or insight. Makes for a better forum if you ask me.

    We all bleed red.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    2,397
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I think all of us do hence as to why we signed up at thescuderia.net. I don't have a problem with polls like this....In fact, I encourage it. At least it gives me a sense of others of their F1 knowledge and/or insight. Makes for a better forum if you ask me.

    We all bleed red.
    Exactly, there's nothing wrong about discussing the environment around Ferrari and its rivals.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    No, I don't think Renault is quite there yet.
    So even if McLaren can come up with a strong chassis, like Red Bull they will be held back by the PU.
    I doubt McLaren will manage to produce a chassis equal to that of RB. RB are already well adapted to the Renault PU. However, i expect McLaren to fight for fourth and finish behind RB. It will be interesting to compare these two teams though.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,450
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Exactly, there's nothing wrong about discussing the environment around Ferrari and its rivals.
    + 1000

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,292
    No they won't and soon enough Nando will retire (finally !)
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  15. #15
    FerrariSteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    As much as I would like to see them up front, I cannot see it happening. May be surprised, but cannot see it.
    ^^This

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,433
    They will continue to struggle mightily with cast and crew - they and their main man are (feigning grief) OVER.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,474
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    No they won't and soon enough Nando will retire (finally !)
    Alonso at 36 yrs. old is still one of, if not the top driver on the track. A good example where age is not the big deal, Ericsson is 27 yrs.old, and 48 {2015!], races since he scored a point! Meanwhile Leclerc alongside Ericsson with a new Ferrari PU should really have a good 1st. F1 season.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,292
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Alonso at 36 yrs. old is still one of, if not the top driver on the track. A good example where age is not the big deal, Ericsson is 27 yrs.old, and 48 {2015!], races since he scored a point! Meanwhile Leclerc alongside Ericsson with a new Ferrari PU should really have a good 1st. F1 season.
    Alonso is a great driver but quite toxic. In this respect I won't mind to see him go.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    2,397
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Alonso is a great driver but quite toxic. In this respect I won't mind to see him go.
    As long as he's not toxic to Ferrari, he can race for as long as he wish as far as i'm considered. Besides, he can be pretty hilarious with all of his rants on the radio.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    1,659
    I think that Renault will have gained a little on the Merc benchmark, put that together with the sheer determination of Fernando & there you go - one win. Oh, and it will be by beating a Merc out, depriving them of the top step in a race they thought they should win!
    Well, I can hope it happens like that!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •