• Yes

7 18.92%
  • No

15 40.54%
  • unlikely, but Fernando at his best might pull off a win

15 40.54%

Thread: will McLaren-Renault win a race in 2018

will McLaren-Renault win a race in 2018

It seems amazing to me that McLaren have not won an F1 race since Brazil 2012.
    They should get a boost with their new engine supplier Renault, but will that be enough to secure a first win in over 5 years? what do you think F1 fans?

Nope
    Forza Ferrari

I think it would be realistic for them to win a race this season but if they do it will be by sheer luck. My prediction for McLaren in the constructors is fourth place though, right behind RB.

As much as would like to see them up front, i cannt see it happening. May be surprised, but cannt see it.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    As much as would like to see them up front, i cannt see it happening. May be surprised, but cannt see it.
    We'll see if they are able to produce a good chassis though by comparing them to RB.

The only way Mclaren(Alonso) would pull off a win is at a street track. Monaco at best. Get P1 during quali and it's a win.....unless the PU blows.

Οn shear speed,NO WAY !!!!
    They will be competitive and might have a couple of podiums and this under curtain circumstances.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

No, I don't think Renault is quite there yet.
    So even if McLaren can come up with a strong chassis, like Red Bull they will be held back by the PU.

From our point of view, I hope not! But I'd never write them off, both teams have a winning history and they have a reasonable chance if the current top teams fail or make mistakes.

Why do we got a poll like this to be honest LOL! I really don’t care only want Ferrari see winning lot of races! Forza Ferrari
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

Quote Originally Posted by fratelliferrari View Post
    Why do we got a poll like this to be honest LOL! I really don’t care only want Ferrari see winning lot of races! Forza Ferrari

I think all of us do hence as to why we signed up at thescuderia.net. I don't have a problem with polls like this....In fact, I encourage it. At least it gives me a sense of others of their F1 knowledge and/or insight. Makes for a better forum if you ask me.

We all bleed red.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I think all of us do hence as to why we signed up at thescuderia.net. I don't have a problem with polls like this....In fact, I encourage it. At least it gives me a sense of others of their F1 knowledge and/or insight. Makes for a better forum if you ask me.

We all bleed red.
    Exactly, there's nothing wrong about discussing the environment around Ferrari and its rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    No, I don't think Renault is quite there yet.
    So even if McLaren can come up with a strong chassis, like Red Bull they will be held back by the PU.
    I doubt McLaren will manage to produce a chassis equal to that of RB. RB are already well adapted to the Renault PU. However, i expect McLaren to fight for fourth and finish behind RB. It will be interesting to compare these two teams though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Exactly, there's nothing wrong about discussing the environment around Ferrari and its rivals.
    + 1000

No they won't and soon enough Nando will retire (finally !)
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

FerrariSteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    As much as I would like to see them up front, I cannot see it happening. May be surprised, but cannot see it.
    ^^This

They will continue to struggle mightily with cast and crew - they and their main man are (feigning grief) OVER.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    No they won't and soon enough Nando will retire (finally !)
    Alonso at 36 yrs. old is still one of, if not the top driver on the track. A good example where age is not the big deal, Ericsson is 27 yrs.old, and 48 {2015!], races since he scored a point! Meanwhile Leclerc alongside Ericsson with a new Ferrari PU should really have a good 1st. F1 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Alonso at 36 yrs. old is still one of, if not the top driver on the track. A good example where age is not the big deal, Ericsson is 27 yrs.old, and 48 {2015!], races since he scored a point! Meanwhile Leclerc alongside Ericsson with a new Ferrari PU should really have a good 1st. F1 season.
    Alonso is a great driver but quite toxic. In this respect I won't mind to see him go.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Alonso is a great driver but quite toxic. In this respect I won't mind to see him go.
    As long as he's not toxic to Ferrari, he can race for as long as he wish as far as i'm considered. Besides, he can be pretty hilarious with all of his rants on the radio.

I think that Renault will have gained a little on the Merc benchmark, put that together with the sheer determination of Fernando & there you go - one win. Oh, and it will be by beating a Merc out, depriving them of the top step in a race they thought they should win!
    Well, I can hope it happens like that!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio