Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: SF71H 2018 Contender

Right, looks like the other teams need to find something else to moan about, our car is fine

https://www.thisisf1.com/2018/04/29/...r-not-illegal/

Great news...

Anyone has the straight line speed of Ferrari and Mercedes on the long straight

Really i would have guessed nice try niccola lauda he seems very quiet of late its absolute bliss with his big trap shut amen.

I just hope this doesn’t affect us.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...phole-1032975/

FIA should only allow a car to qualify on 3 tires. It's too easy on 4, not real racing!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    FIA should only allow a car to qualify on 3 tires. It's too easy on 4, not real racing!

Well, Alonso did manage to get his car back into the pits on two tires...........

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Well, Alonso did manage to get his car back into the pits on two tires...........
    Fernando can drive a car on two tyres 5 or 6 tenths quicker than anyone else.

Schumy at Spa after hitting Coulthard. Drove car to pits with only 3 wheels.

But funny how the FIA is so adamant now about closing oil burning loopholes once Ferrari's engine is a match for Mercs. Wonder why there was no issue in 2014, 2015, 2016.

Instead of clamping down on oil burning during qualifying they should concentrate more on coming up with solutions how the SC/VSC can affect the race outcome as little as possible. Banning tyres changes during SC/VSC would be a good start. It should only be allowed if a driver has a puncture. Cruising behind the SC with worn tyres isn't dangerous. The driver can pit once the SC is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    Instead of clamping down on oil burning during qualifying they should concentrate more on coming up with solutions how the SC/VSC can affect the race outcome as little as possible. Banning tyres changes during SC/VSC would be a good start. It should only be allowed if a driver has a puncture. Cruising behind the SC with worn tyres isn't dangerous. The driver can pit once the SC is gone.
    Waiting to change tires during SC is a valid strategy and has been used for ever, it’s only luck. The problem here is that we had a justified SC or VsC nearly every race of this season; but probably will not be like that for the rest of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by roddick_andy View Post
    I just hope this doesn’t affect us.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...phole-1032975/
    this is depressing, everything to keep ferrari behind mercedes it seems. Mercs and rb have fia in there pocket
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Is this going to affect us?

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    I agree and that's probably the only thing F1 can adopt from NASCRAP. They don't let anyone pit under an SC immediately. They wait till everyone does a full lap or 2....then everyone pits at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry_Cule View Post
    Is this going to affect us?
    I think all teams have some trick so it will affect all teams. I don't see us being affected too much, but we'll wait and see.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
    I have yet to meet anyone quite so stubborn as myself and animated by this overpowering passion that leaves me no time for thought or anything else. I have, in fact, no interest in life outside racing cars.
    Enzo Ferrari

Really NASCAR are not parade races sometimes, they are full of luck so they don’t need to mix more

Go Ferrari, beat them all!

if you remember the ferrari race cars were checked inside and outlast week and then were deemed totally with in the rules so i beleave nothing will changed with ferrari in spain

Quote Originally Posted by djmorin27 View Post
    if you remember the ferrari race cars were checked inside and outlast week and then were deemed totally with in the rules so i beleave nothing will changed with ferrari in spain
    I again hope that you are wrong. If nothing is changed in our car in Spain and others bringing lots of updates is not going to bode well..

Quote Originally Posted by djmorin27 View Post
    And why are we under so much inspection?

Quote Originally Posted by roddick_andy View Post
    I again hope that you are wrong. If nothing is changed in our car in Spain and others bringing lots of updates is not going to bode well..
    100% thats my fear too, sleeping in the development race, but so far ferrari have done well. if they can continue in spain then that bodes well for the rest of the year. if they got nothing big and or bring nothing or they have to change something according this oil ban thing then that's another promising start wasted like last year
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

We are bringing small updates on every race now, I think we will do the same in Barca. Small updates are better than one or to big one, why? Because you need at least 2-3 races to find the right setup and optimise the car. I am confident we will stay very fast. :)

https://www.f1-fansite.com/f1-news/c...-2018-ferrari/

Mercs and RB still accusing ferrari of cheating, would be depressing to see if any of these accusations are true, especially the oil burning one since that hurt ferrari a lot last year.

It follows rumours the 2018 Ferrari engine, which smokes excessively when started up, may have taken a big step forward thanks to clever trickery in the area of oil
    The FIA examined the Ferrari in China and looked at drawings of the entire oil system," Germany's Auto Motor und Sport reports.

It was found to be legal. But that's not all.
    First, Auto Motor und Sport says Red Bull is alleging that the shape of Ferrari's 2018 rear view mirrors does not comply with the regulations.

And after Baku, it emerged that Mercedes has doubts about the clever design of Ferrari's 2018 battery cells, which may produce more than the allowed 4 megajoules.
    One possibility is that former Ferrari engine boss Lorenzo Sassi, who has been working for Mercedes since April, has been talking," Schmidt added.

RB promising a lot of updates for spain
    "We're getting numerous improvements to the car for Spain so I'm assuming we'll be very competitive there," he said.
    https://www.f1-fansite.com/f1-news/m...n-team-orders/

Mercedes too lots of numerous updates
    [AMuS] Mercedes are hoping for their aero update in Spain and their new engine specification that will come in Canada
    ,I'm trying to find anything about ferrari but nothing yet, lets hope its secret and they do bring lots of things or else rb and mercs are going to make it 2016 again

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post

Mercs and RB still accusing ferrari of cheating, would be depressing to see if any of these accusations are true, especially the oil burning one since that hurt ferrari a lot last year.

I posted this on the: 2018 Baku GP Race-->page 33 post 987......4 DAYS AGO!!!...

RB promising a lot of updates for spain https://www.f1-fansite.com/f1-news/m...n-team-orders/

Mercedes too lots of numerous updates

,I'm trying to find anything about ferrari but nothing yet, lets hope its secret and they do bring lots of things or else rb and mercs are going to make it 2016 again
    Cmon stop with the negativity, can you please show more optimist and fate in our team. We have the fastest car mate, you dont lose that in 14 days. This year it is a whole new story, we have an engine that can match or is even better than Mercedes, that is crucial, as we can defend now in the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Cmon stop with the negativity, can you pleast show more optimist and fate in our team. We have the fastest car mate, you dont lose that in 14 days.
    I hope man, but i was kinda positive in china and baku look what happen :( , disaster for seb. lol i was more negative back in australia and he won lol

if the last line is true than Ferrari needs new lawyers

FIA pretty much jokers. Changing rules in mid season, investigating one particular team every race, Changing tyre compounds..!!
    Where are these jokers when mercs dominating 2014-16????

RB crybabies all the time focus their things on Ferrari only.

And former Ferrari employees who r engaged now to mercs, passing all the information. Huhhh wt all we gonna hear in the next races

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    Waiting to change tires during SC is a valid strategy and has been used for ever, it’s only luck. The problem here is that we had a justified SC or VsC nearly every race of this season; but probably will not be like that for the rest of the season.

Yes I know it's been around for years and years. But you have to admit the SC lottery is something that could be avoided rather easily. At least the main aspect of it, the tyres. When they came up with the VSC a few seasons ago they could have made an overhaul of the entire factor. Today it's still not clear what warrants a SC over VSC and vice versa and where the red line is. And if no one really knows that then who knows when to use the red flag?

Review of the 3 cars, Mark Hughes thinks we are overall fastest

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/324...ed-bull-battle