Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: SF71H 2018 Contender

Quote Originally Posted by da_one View Post
    When Merc/Red Bull are accused of circumventing the rules, the FIA response is- Oh let's wait and check it at the end of the season and ban the alleged 'trick' parts after they win the titles. When Ferrari is accused of circumventing the rules, the FIA response is- Oh you better not used that again in the next race or Oh you have to place this hardwareat in your car immediately.

Nice.
    So true, I remember the flex floor in 2007 was banned after the first race, which Kimi won by a country mile, and consequently he had to dog fight the rest of the year. Two seasons later, Brawn gets away with their double decker diffuser and gets an easy championship.

I'm sure there are other examples.

I don't understand, didn't Charlie Whiting say they found no irregularities and that they were disappointed some teams were using the press to put pressure on the FIA to look into this? I'm pretty sure he said this yesterday...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I don't understand, didn't Charlie Whiting say they found no irregularities and that they were disappointed some teams were using the press to put pressure on the FIA to look into this? I'm pretty sure he said this yesterday...
    What I do not understand is where is Ferrari in all this and why aren't they protesting demanding that this "module" to be installed to all teams and not to be treated as suspects in the first place.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    What I do not understand is where is Ferrari in all this and why aren't they protesting demanding that this "module" to be installed to all teams and not to be treated as suspects in the first place.
    I don't know, maybe Ferrari are doing something behind closed doors? Maybe we should learn to use the press more often in order to put pressure.

It’s disgusting how many monitoring systems are installed on our car, 2nd in both championships, not a dominant car. I believe we have to pass more monitoring tests than Mercedes in their dominant years (2014-2016) combined.
    It feels that is almost like Ferrari is not wanted there winning.

I really hope that we have something “illegal” that is too smart for those a$$holes to figure out/demonstrate.
    And I also hope that Ferrari is so quiet because they know this is a false path, FIA and Mercs are chasing.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    And yet, YET!!!!, the FIA did nothing from 2014 thru 2016 when Mercedes were so dominant. We win a couple of races and our opponents want scrutinization of the upmost minutia(mandated and upgraded ECU software reading) from the FIA to see if we are cheating??? Give me a break.

Oh!!! but it took more than two freakin years for the FIA to realize that Mercedes, along with RedBull, were running an illegal suspension system??? And yet within several races, we get slapped with an upgraded ECU FIA control module....which we passed during the Monaco GP...to further "watch" us during the Canadian GP.
    They wasn’t illegal, but FIA changed the rules.

Really people...

If you read the article linked in post 688 you will find:

“[The rulebook] says that it is the duty of the competitor to satisfy the FIA that their car complies at all times and they were having difficulty satisfying us. Here, we are now satisfied.” Whiting said, as quoted by Reuters.

However, even to the FIA, the picture was initially not clear as they couldn’t completely understand a few aspects of how Ferrari were running that car.

“Some things in the data we could not quite explain… we went through it with Ferrari and they gave explanations which were not particularly convincing,” he said.

Why is only Ferrari getting scrutinized? B/c the Ferrari is the ONLY car on the grid w/ a certain tandem battery arrangement. I'm not going to dig up the article in which I read that suffice it to say if you want to know what's really going on and why the Ferrari is getting all this scrutiny you can find out for yourself. If you don't "understand" the scrutiny of the Ferrari it's b/c you have not educated yourself.

I will quote Mr. Whiting again, emphasis mine: "...we went through it with Ferrari and they gave explanations which were not particularly convincing,”

If you don't think Ferrari is cheating, why do you mind the scrutiny?
    If you get fired from your job do you owe your former employer ANYTHING? What do Allison and/or Sassi OWE to Ferrari...they were both fired?

as Evo says....really, people...

Didn't they just say yesterday they were satisfied? why continue monitoring if you are satisfied? something doesn't add up...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Let the mercedes and red bull non innovators race each other ferrari should leave and leave them wondering as to just how pathetic they really are cry babies dummies all round f1 is a circus and the clowns are a plenty totto and co a rival series with a different approach to the fia is needed it would be a breath of fresh air who needs mercedes just an average rd car the kia sportage scored better.

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post

“[The rulebook] says that it is the duty of the competitor to satisfy the FIA that their car complies at all times and they were having difficulty satisfying us. Here, we are now satisfied.” Whiting said, as quoted by Reuters.

However, even to the FIA, the picture was initially not clear as they couldn’t completely understand a few aspects of how Ferrari were running that car.

“Some things in the data we could not quite explain… we went through it with Ferrari and they gave explanations which were not particularly convincing,” he said.

Why is only Ferrari getting scrutinized? B/c the Ferrari is the ONLY car on the grid w/ a certain tandem battery arrangement. I'm not going to dig up the article in which I read that suffice it to say if you want to know what's really going on and why the Ferrari is getting all this scrutiny you can find out for yourself. If you don't "understand" the scrutiny of the Ferrari it's b/c you have not educated yourself.

I will quote Mr. Whiting again, emphasis mine: "...we went through it with Ferrari and they gave explanations which were not particularly convincing,”

If you get fired from your job do you owe your former employer ANYTHING? What do Allison and/or Sassi OWE to Ferrari...they were both fired?

Alison want fired I think.

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post

I don’t think Allison was fired. I think he left after his wife die?? Because he want a job in formula 1 close to home to take care of his kids?

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

Quote Originally Posted by 19000rpmF-2004 View Post
    I don’t think Allison was fired. I think he left after his wife die?? Because he want a job in formula 1 close to home to take care of his kids?
    point being...he doesn't OWE Ferrari anything, least of all, loyalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Didn't they just say yesterday they were satisfied? why continue monitoring if you are satisfied? something doesn't add up...
    A lot doesn't add up.
    For as long as I can remember, if you think another team has something illegal you protest their car at the event. If Mercedes thinks our car isn't legal they can protest.
    The other option available to a team is to submit what you think another team is doing and ask for a ruling from the FiA. Ask the FiA if we do it will it be legal? If Mercedes think Ferrari has a tandem battery they can submit a plan for a tandem battery to be fitted to their car and ask the FiA if it would be legal. If the FiA rules it illegal they would have to declare any car with such a tandem battery illegal. But in neither case do they monitor ONE team specifically.
    If they suspect a team of having tandem batteries then they lottery teams to be tested. This is what is done now, some cars are randomly selected for random testing and it happens during all sessions.
    I don't know why the FiA are behaving this way now, but as long as Merc and other teams are focusing their efforts on trying to work out something we have, that is less resources they have working on improving their own car.
    I just see Merc as spineless in not having the guts to protest our car.
    Last edited by enjaybel3; 29th May 2018 at 08:21.

On To Canada Now, it was exciting last year... lets hope for a clean race. Check out the highlights below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwL19BaHY2w

The battery configuration is a grand piece of innovation its that good that the fia are dumbfounded yet very impressed mercedes want it but have no clue thats right merc keep stiring the pot and looking who is behind you then bang ferrari will fly past with all boxs ticked then the fia will throw you under a bus 100% just like a sprinter who turns his head guess what happens ? He looses just like that .

it's definitely our turn to win the next race.

Any news about Ferrari's engine upgrade for Canada?

If these were chosen weeks ahead i feel Ferrari shot itself in the foot. Mercs will Q2 on US and one stop on SS with that many tyres they will perfect it, Ferrari took hypers that they have struggled with deg at monaco plus at spain we've seen how horrid tyre deg is. Hoping Mattia can bring another new suspension maybe try copying some RbR or merc ones and incorporate it. RBR are the best with tyres at the moment

hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Any news about Ferrari's engine upgrade for Canada?
    There is an article today on formulapassion.it talking about the engine evo for vettel in Canada .
    Two main objectives :
    - improving reliability
    AND
    - 10 to 15 more horsepowers.

You have said the same before every race yawn, Canada won't be a 1 stop race for the front runners.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    You have said the same before every race yawn, Canada won't be a 1 stop race for the front runners.
    lol yawn
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Mercedes can make EVERY race an 1 stop race...

Quote Originally Posted by Larry_Cule View Post
    Only in harder tires
    There’s no Soft or medium here.
    It’s gonna be a difficult race for anyone trying to do a 1 stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Well said especially US to SS they are better just look at spain again to see how they dominated and how seb was the only one from the top that needed to pit twice.

Larry do you think these choices were made recent or long before the disaster of spain? i really hope its recent because maybe they think they solved some of the tyre issues atleast

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Well said especially US to SS they are better just look at spain again to see how they dominated and how seb was the only one from the top that needed to pit twice.

Larry do you think these choices were made recent or long before the disaster of spain? i really hope its recent because maybe they think they solved some of the tyre issues atleast
    There’s no difference, all the teams will finish with near the same amount and tipe of tires for the race. We will end with more hypers so maybe we could try hs, us, hs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

This is strategic move from SM from my point of view.
    As next year rules changes on aerodynamic front, Sauber has the best CFD tunnel. There are two objectives I see,
    1) making Alfa Romeo stronger package
    2) technical info from Sauber wind tunnel, similar to TR & RB.

I think this would be the plan.

If these were chosen weeks ahead i feel Ferrari shot itself in the foot. Mercs will Q2 on US and one stop on SS with that many tyres they will perfect it, Ferrari took hypers that they have struggled with deg at monaco plus at spain we've seen how horrid tyre deg is. Hoping Mattia can bring another new suspension maybe try copying some RbR or merc ones and incorporate it. RBR are the best with tyres at the moment

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DeW5lOoX4AAwtw9.jpg
    Every track has its own behaviour on the tyres. I think Ferrari will be strong in Canada.
    Mercs might struggle on US.

No they can't
    Forza Ferrari

lol yawn
    You just make things up to whine about, really don't know why you even come here.
    Forza Ferrari

You just make things up to whine about, really don't know why you even come here.
    lol you getting triggered by everything though. guess having emotions or opinions are unheard of lol