Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: SF71H 2018 Contender

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Well said especially US to SS they are better just look at spain again to see how they dominated and how seb was the only one from the top that needed to pit twice.

Larry do you think these choices were made recent or long before the disaster of spain? i really hope its recent because maybe they think they solved some of the tyre issues atleast
    Um..
    I don't really know when the teams are selecting the tyres for each rece but I really hope that this was done after Monaco...

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Every track has its own behaviour on the tyres. I think Ferrari will be strong in Canada.
    Mercs might struggle on US.
    true its just Lauda's comment is still holding true. are these choices done months in advance? because its weird that they knew that they HS arent working for them even through updates and the such from i guess pre-season testing. Last year seb did an amazing job coming up the field hopefully Kimi is there to assist the way bottas is. I was hoping Ferrari would be gutsy and try doing alternate strategies with Kimi by now. be way more aggressive and the such
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry_Cule View Post
    Um..
    I don't really know when the teams are selecting the tyres for each rece but I really hope that this was done after Monaco...
    Me Too!
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Um..
    Buffer time for every team would be 3-4weeks to select their tyres for next 2-3 tracks. Apart from 1st 3 tracks

Buffer time for every team would be 3-4weeks to select their tyres for next 2-3 tracks. Apart from 1st 3 tracks
    Thanks!
    It's a really great track with lots for action.
    Literally everything counts in Canada.
    Track position,tyre deg,strategy,race pace...
    Let's see where we really are

ummmm....just an FYI folks but

Mercedes are doing a Pirelli tyre test at Paul Ricard today with driver George Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

Mercedes are doing a Pirelli tyre test at Paul Ricard today with driver George Russell.
    Wet tyres if i remember is Paul ricard after Canada? pretty convenient if it is

Okay thats better. if cool weather helps hypers, i hope its very cold without it being raining or snowing

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

2019 wet tyres
    Forza Ferrari

George Russell is that lil lewis his dog or what?
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    2019 wet tyres
    So Merc will have an advantage in data for the 2019 tyre spec? Or will this info be made available to all teams?
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    So Merc will have an advantage in data for the 2019 tyre spec? Or will this info be made available to all teams?
    no we did the same test about a month ago in the Fiorano circuit with Antonio and Kvyat

no we did the same test about a month ago in the Fiorano circuit with Antonio and Kvyat
    Thanks for the clarification.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    https://www.f1technical.net/news/21552
    Forza Ferrari

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/n...i-ers-1043220/

It will be a continuous monitoring!! The question is will they only monitor us with the software update or others are included as well?

Quote Originally Posted by roddick_andy View Post

It will be a continuous monitoring!! The question is will they only monitor us with the software update or others are included as well?
    US only

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    George Russell is that lil lewis his dog or what?
    lol its closer to what you wrote then many might think

FIA to boost its monitoring of Ferrari's ERS from Canada onwards
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/n...s-1043220/?s=1

Mercs and RB getting everything they want

Quote Originally Posted by roddick_andy View Post

WHY DO YOU ASK THIS QUESTION? THE ANSWER IS IN THE ARTICLE YOU POSTED!!!

DID YOU READ THE ENTIRE ARTICLE?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post
    WHY DO YOU ASK THIS QUESTION? THE ANSWER IS IN THE ARTICLE YOU POSTED!!!

DID YOU READ THE ENTIRE ARTICLE?!?!?
    The question is "will they" , do what's in the article, and be fair.

Now our DRS might be getting some of the limelight

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/6...i_DRS_illegal/

If anything, Kudos to Ferrari for pushing the envelope on all these areas as being conservative will not gain any advantage

Now red bull suspect our DRS is illegal they believe it open up at full speed more than the 6.5 cm bloody unbelievable all putting the boot in also another ferrari employee leaving simone diresta going to another f1 team i wonder who ?.

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Now our DRS might be getting some of the limelight

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/6...i_DRS_illegal/

If anything, Kudos to Ferrari for pushing the envelope on all these areas as being conservative will not gain any advantage
    If FIA tone down our battery, cut the drs and any other innovation/cheat/grey area /loophole we have or bring we'l be fighting with williams which absolutely sucks that teams can just throw accusations like that.

I wonder now if simone diresta leaving has to do with a design fault being found and they allowing him to leave to join sauber with his head in the air unlike that rat sassi with the oil burning design was released when FIA caught us and ran to mercs to tattle everything

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Now red bull suspect our DRS is illegal they believe it open up at full speed more than the 6.5 cm bloody unbelievable all putting the boot in also another ferrari employee leaving simone diresta going to another f1 team i wonder who ?.
    sauber, so its not too bad but losing a major figure seems to me like there's something FIA related behind the scenes that happened as he was #forzaFerrari just a week ago

Any news on our updates for Canada ? Typically there are engine upgrades at this event, do we have any ?

Quote Originally Posted by karthikn.1011 View Post
    Any news on our updates for Canada ? Typically there are engine upgrades at this event, do we have any ?
    I heard there will be an engine upgrade (+20HP). Not heard anything on the chassis side.

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    I heard there will be an engine upgrade (+20HP). Not heard anything on the chassis side.
    thats awesome if true, where did you hear though? if its from an .it or it.motorsport type of website i would say its most likely not true, everytime there's update rumors they give out huge amounts of horsepower or update power Ferrari are getting and it never happens. last year they were saying some dual piston engines or steel piston engines will give up to 50hp advantage at every circuit ferrari was going to get an engine upgrade and ferrari kept confirming it was mostly for reliability.

i remember silverstone last year where italian websites said ferrari were going to catch or pass mercedes with its new 20~40 hp upgraded engines and we got crushed and destroyed there

but i really hope that somehow its true

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    This is getting silly now, the fact that Ferrari are doing a relatively good job in taking the fight to Merc and RB, fingers are being pointed at every possible area to undermine our competitiveness, I sincerely hope there is no foundation to any of these issues and that it's just a witch-hunt to threaten our superiority. And it's Simone Resta who has gone to Sauber, but the sudden departure is a bit strange, maybe to bolster our chances by having our own junior team who will move over in the same way as Force India and Toro Rosso have been known to do recently. F1 is becoming very devious!

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...-investigation

FIA race director Charlie Whiting has played down suggestions he threw Mercedes staff members "under a bus" by naming them in relation to a recent investigation into Ferrari's ERS unit.

Following increasing speculation that Ferrari might have found a way to deliver more than the permitted 120kw of power from its MGU-K, the governing body concluded an investigation into the system in Monaco and found that it was legal.

The technical details of the investigation remain confidential, but on Saturday in Monaco Whiting spoke with British press about how the situation came about. He noted that he was first made aware of the concerns by Mercedes technical director James Allison and, when asked by a journalist, confirmed it was a former Ferrari engine man, Lorenzo Sassi, who brought "a little bit of information" to Mercedes when he joined the team earlier this year.

On Sunday in Monaco, Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff expressed concerns that Whiting had named specific members of his staff when talking to the media, but Whiting believes the information was already public and not unusual in any way.

"I didn't think it was any secret," he said. "In fact when we had a little chat with the guys [journalists] yesterday, it was they who came up with the Ferrari man's name. I don't think it was any secret.

"The fact that James ... it was wrong to say that he was a whistleblower or something like that. He just, as many engineers do, came up to us and said 'this guy started working for us and he says this team might be doing that', and we go and check, and it's not the case.

"This is a regular thing. It was just one of those normal conversations that you have with somebody: 'We think Ferrari may be doing this, this and this because of that', and we went and checked, and we thought 'actually they could be doing that, so let's have a check and make sure'.

"It's taken us a little while to get to that, but as I say, it's a pretty routine kind of thing for us, for people to come to us, especially when they've had staff members come from another team. Don't forget Lorenzo, his information is at least eight months old [due to his period of gardening leave after leaving Ferrari], which in Formula One terms is quite old."

Whiting went on to explain why it had taken so long for the FIA to confirm the Ferrari system was legal.

"I prefer not to use the word investigate, we were really trying to get to the point where we would be entirely satisfied [it was legal]," he said. "But the power being delivered to the MGU-K is correct.

"It was difficult to explain exactly what we were seeing. That's why we kept going through it with Ferrari, because it's a very complex and totally different system to everybody else's. In much the way we do with the other bits in the car, we have to understand these things and it took us a bit longer to understand what was going on.

"Their duty is to satisfy us that the car complies, as you know, but they've been finding it hard to satisfy us. But by the time we got to here and looking at data, software changes that were implemented, it becomes clearer exactly where we were and after the first day of running we were then able to say 'OK we're happy now. We understand it now'."

Asked if the FIA would take any further measures to monitor Ferrari's system this year, Whiting added: "I can't say that with complete certainty at the moment. We want them to put extra monitoring on, but at the moment we're having to do it in a rather painstaking way that takes a little longer than we would've liked.

"I think we will arrive at the same conclusion I would imagine but, in Canada they will be providing a change of software which will enable us to ... I'm hesitating slightly simply because I'm not quite up to speed with the exact technicalities of this because I'm not an expert of this.

"But what we're trying to do is to monitor what the difference is between the two halves of the battery are, and that's the crux of the matter because other systems treat their battery as one. Ferrari, it's one battery, but they treat it as two. And that's really the fundamental difference between the two. I don't think it's a secret I'm giving away there."

Isn't this the point of a longer gardening leave stint prior to starting at a rival team? How can they just bring secrets/info of our car to a new team and then run to the FIA? It is complete BS. First the oil, now the battery. Its unbelievable. Whats worse, if deemed to be within the rules, now all the manufactures know of our duel-battery system and can copy it.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~