Thread: SF71H 2018 Contender

  1. #751
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,193
    FIA not ‘entirely satisfied’, will monitor Ferrari in Montreal

    https://www.planetf1.com/news/fia-no...-ferraris-ers/

    Is the FIA not satisfied? Or is it Merc pushing for more investigation. First we were given the thumbs up in Monaco and now they choose to conduct more investigation? MERC/FIA Bias....
    Last edited by ferrari1.8t; 1st June 2018 at 00:54.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  2. #752
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    salco
    Posts
    2,132
    why don't Ferrari ask the FIA to investigate some Merc parts? i'm sure they could come up with some ideas.

  3. #753
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The Red Planet
    Posts
    526
    Trick parts which mostly push the boundaries or to put it bluntly, against the spirit of the rules are nothing new in F1. I'm sure what Sassi and Allison did is nothing new, ex-team members bring most if not all secrets with them for their new teams to exploit or expose to the FIA.

    Today it's Ferrari, tomorrow it's another team. Welcome to the merry-go-round that is F1.

  4. #754
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,366
    Quote Originally Posted by da_one View Post
    Trick parts which mostly push the boundaries or to put it bluntly, against the spirit of the rules are nothing new in F1. I'm sure what Sassi and Allison did is nothing new, ex-team members bring most if not all secrets with them for their new teams to exploit or expose to the FIA.

    Today it's Ferrari, tomorrow it's another team. Welcome to the merry-go-round that is F1.
    +100

  5. #755
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    28,597
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    If FIA tone down our battery, cut the drs and any other innovation/cheat/grey area /loophole we have or bring we'l be fighting with williams which absolutely sucks that teams can just throw accusations like that.
    If we are breaking the rules then we will have to change things, if not then teams can say what they like. Just cause they say something does not make it true....
    Forza Ferrari

  6. #756
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    salco
    Posts
    2,132
    so when was the last time Mercedes were scrutinized like this?

  7. #757
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    If we are breaking the rules then we will have to change things, if not then teams can say what they like. Just cause they say something does not make it true....
    If FIA doesn’t have conclusive evidence on ers issue, then mark them legal. Why to bow down on one team complaint & ban the system which u didn’t find anything against the rules.

    If Ferrari is using loophole, which is in the limits of FIA rule book fine go ahead.
    But if Ferrari is the only one using such system & term it as illegal or ban it or remove it when there is no concrete evidence. I sense it’s a foolish thing.

    I fear FIA might use the later part on Ferrari behind the doors. Which is not good at all.

  8. #758
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sarajevo
    Posts
    1,920
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    If FIA doesnít have conclusive evidence on ers issue, then mark them legal. Why to bow down on one team complaint & ban the system which u didnít find anything against the rules.

    If Ferrari is using loophole, which is in the limits of FIA rule book fine go ahead.
    But if Ferrari is the only one using such system & term it as illegal or ban it or remove it when there is no concrete evidence. I sense itís a foolish thing.

    I fear FIA might use the later part on Ferrari behind the doors. Which is not good at all.
    they will if we let them

  9. #759
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    SA
    Posts
    722
    Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding of the Ferrari ERS monitoring is that the FIA had to come up with a different monitoring device for Ferrari as they have split their battery. This mans that using the standard device they use for all the other teams will not not give them the data they need. The way they monitored Ferrari in Monaco was apparently not efficient as it was cumbersome and took a lot of time to set up with the new device to be installed in Canada having addressed those inefficiencies otherwise the FIA would have had to go through the same time consuming process at each race.

    In other words (and in my opinion) - all teams are monitored at every race and not only Ferrari, it's just that they had to develop a specific device to monitor Ferrari's ERS due to the way they have developed their MGU-K and this new device will be used from Canada onward for Ferrari whilst the rest of the teams will continue to use the standard one.

    Does anyone else see this the same way I do or have I missed something?
    "Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines."

  10. #760
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    hong kong
    Posts
    1,260
    Why did Charlie say to the reporters that Ferrari have two batteries. Shouldn't this be confidential ?

  11. #761
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by Sempre_Ferrari View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding of the Ferrari ERS monitoring is that the FIA had to come up with a different monitoring device for Ferrari as they have split their battery. This mans that using the standard device they use for all the other teams will not not give them the data they need. The way they monitored Ferrari in Monaco was apparently not efficient as it was cumbersome and took a lot of time to set up with the new device to be installed in Canada having addressed those inefficiencies otherwise the FIA would have had to go through the same time consuming process at each race.

    In other words (and in my opinion) - all teams are monitored at every race and not only Ferrari, it's just that they had to develop a specific device to monitor Ferrari's ERS due to the way they have developed their MGU-K and this new device will be used from Canada onward for Ferrari whilst the rest of the teams will continue to use the standard one.

    Does anyone else see this the same way I do or have I missed something?
    You have not missed anything. This is exactly what is going on. It is everybody else who hasn't come to this realization yet that is missing it.

  12. #762
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    467
    Charlie whiting talks to much he has a bloody big mouth time for the old codjer to step down he is beginning to dribble.

  13. #763
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Sempre_Ferrari View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding of the Ferrari ERS monitoring is that the FIA had to come up with a different monitoring device for Ferrari as they have split their battery. This mans that using the standard device they use for all the other teams will not not give them the data they need. The way they monitored Ferrari in Monaco was apparently not efficient as it was cumbersome and took a lot of time to set up with the new device to be installed in Canada having addressed those inefficiencies otherwise the FIA would have had to go through the same time consuming process at each race.

    In other words (and in my opinion) - all teams are monitored at every race and not only Ferrari, it's just that they had to develop a specific device to monitor Ferrari's ERS due to the way they have developed their MGU-K and this new device will be used from Canada onward for Ferrari whilst the rest of the teams will continue to use the standard one.

    Does anyone else see this the same way I do or have I missed something?
    Renault too uses complex ers system, why it isnt turned up into an controversy???
    Mercs issued team orders at Monaco, why it isn’t turned into an controversy?
    Pirellli favoured one team in Spain on safety grounds, changed tyre tread. It was only mercs who asked for change why it isn’t turned up soo much into an article?

    In my view mercs & RB trying to unstabilze current ferrari team. By doing so it will disturb harmony within the team & succumb to pressure & make mistakes....!! Which happened last year

  14. #764
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    India
    Posts
    292

  15. #765
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    8,752
    Quote Originally Posted by roddick_andy View Post


    music to my ears, its been awhile since a heard that, lets hope ferrari can step up and give the car needed to hear this much more this year
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  16. #766
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    10,776
    Quote Originally Posted by roddick_andy View Post
    Hope we are going to hear it next Sunday!

  17. #767
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,490
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    If FIA doesnít have conclusive evidence on ers issue, then mark them legal. Why to bow down on one team complaint & ban the system which u didnít find anything against the rules.

    If Ferrari is using loophole, which is in the limits of FIA rule book fine go ahead.
    But if Ferrari is the only one using such system & term it as illegal or ban it or remove it when there is no concrete evidence. I sense itís a foolish thing.

    I fear FIA might use the later part on Ferrari behind the doors. Which is not good at all.
    Sometimes i think the FIAs main job is to kill innovation.
    Silently, like a shadow

  18. #768
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    467
    What the fia do not understand becomes illegal ferrari 2 fia nil in the evolution game .

  19. #769
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Essex England
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by roddick_andy View Post
    Brilliant. were lucky to have him

  20. #770
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    India
    Posts
    292
    http://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-set-...-boost-canada/
    Reliability is important I would take that more than HP

  21. #771
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    6,758
    Quote Originally Posted by roddick_andy View Post
    http://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-set-...-boost-canada/
    Reliability is important I would take that more than HP
    i've read the article and again it mentions something about pistons being redesigned....hope it's NOT the rumor that went ahead last year about steel 3D pistons we were supposed to have don't really know if it ever happened last year

    but yeah, let's hope this new engine will be pr0ven both reliably and more powerfull
    ...the new SF71H looks amazing. Let's hope it's gonna be as FAST as it looks.


  22. #772
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    8,752
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i've read the article and again it mentions something about pistons being redesigned....hope it's NOT the rumor that went ahead last year about steel 3D pistons we were supposed to have don't really know if it ever happened last year

    but yeah, let's hope this new engine will be pr0ven both reliably and more powerfull
    Lol i think its the samething and the same sites that are bringing up the new pistons thing with the 15~20 HP all over again wouldn't believe them at this point lol
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  23. #773
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,366
    update: Sidepods are narrower going into the Canadian GP.

  24. #774
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    6,758
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    update: Sidepods are narrower going into the Canadian GP.
    narrower??? they were narrow enough as they were.....but if it helps with the aero efficiency even further.....then why not???
    ...the new SF71H looks amazing. Let's hope it's gonna be as FAST as it looks.


  25. #775
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    update: Sidepods are narrower going into the Canadian GP.
    Source? This is exciting!

  26. #776
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    8,752
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    update: Sidepods are narrower going into the Canadian GP.
    you sure its a new update?, they posted the pic of seb at monaco, tbh it looks like they just mentioning changes in the 2018 car from the 2017 car plus they have been posting parts of the car randomly explaining its benefits like the front wing last week
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  27. #777
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,366
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    narrower??? they were narrow enough as they were.....but if it helps with the aero efficiency even further.....then why not???
    Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Source? This is exciting!
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    you sure its a new update?, they posted the pic of seb at monaco, tbh it looks like they just mentioning changes in the 2018 car from the 2017 car plus they have been posting parts of the car randomly explaining its benefits like the front wing last week
    source:

    https://twitter.com/ScuderiaFerrari?...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

  28. #778
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    8,752
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Yup, looks like the same sidepods since Aus, they just giving out some facts about the changes since last year' car imo
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  29. #779
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    524
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Yup, looks like the same sidepods since Aus, they just giving out some facts about the changes since last year' car imo
    Those are probably not the updates. We will see them in the next few days.

  30. #780
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    8,752
    Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    Those are probably not the updates. We will see them in the next few days.
    yeah i hope so! , rb and mercs took a big step forward at spain whilst ferrari didnt, charlie even banned the halo winglets so i hope we got something at canada to give us some kind of step forward . i wonder what though, hopefully some new bargeboards or suspension or something
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •