Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: SF71H 2018 Contender

So we brought a new PU upgrade for Canada but Merc didn't, right? OK, let's see if they can do better.

Isn't it weird that Mercedes suddenly decided not to bring the new engine due to issues. Is it true? I want to understand how come they dint find any issues for months and then all of a sudden there is a problem and its going to be solved and be reliable in 2 weeks. Can anyone shed light on this? Thanks

Maybe they needed to modify the oil burning characteristics to comply with the rules

Quote Originally Posted by FF1 View Post
    Isn't it weird that Mercedes suddenly decided not to bring the new engine due to issues. Is it true? I want to understand how come they dint find any issues for months and then all of a sudden there is a problem and its going to be solved and be reliable in 2 weeks. Can anyone shed light on this? Thanks
    Mercedes is excellent in ensuring reliability of engines, look at Ferrari and Renault. Engines going off into smokes every other race weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by FF1 View Post
    7 races on an old engine.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    7 races on an old engine.
    Forget the engines, just remember what color tire to switch to every few laps. F=Pirelli is in charge! I remember when engine HP had something to do with winning a podium or a race. But...where is Max and how's he doing makes the races still great to watch. And there's always that chance of Kimi on the podium! Seb back in action on pole and win is great !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Forget the engines, just remember what color tire to switch to every few laps. F=Pirelli is in charge! I remember when engine HP had something to do with winning a podium or a race. But...where is Max and how's he doing makes the races still great to watch. And there's always that chance of Kimi on the podium! Seb back in action on pole and win is great !!!
    Brembo, you just need to break this ...

Just kidding !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Maybe a new rear suspension for Paul Ricard to get the new tyres better working.

Or maybe a little more ultra hard HP to get a Ferrari on pole !

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Or maybe a little more ultra hard HP to get a Ferrari on pole !
    they listened

hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

I can't see any difference with the Canada spec bardgeboards. But the wing on the side of the car looks like its got a crack, maybe on transit!

from f1technical via AMSUS:

early version

new from spain (spain: only on VET car, monaco and canada: both cars)

Spanish GP

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...i-1047296/?s=1
    FORMULA 1 ANALYSIS
    How a new tech philosophy is paying off for Ferrari

article posted before Quali
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Hai guys..... hope next year the front wings will be like this 172363f7.JPG. Love this winning car so much....and i hope next year will be our glory years. Forza Ferrari.
    Last edited by harry harris; 1st July 2018 at 08:11. Reason: missed sentence

Quote Originally Posted by harry harris View Post
    Hai guys..... hope next year the front wings will be like this 172363f7.JPG. Love this winning car so much....and i hope next year will be our glory years. Forza Ferrari.
    Actually this car was not a winner, this was 2008's challenger .. it won races but not the championship (it won the constructors championship but not the driver's). And btw this was the year that produced the most stunning cars , even the ugliest was a queen :)

True WCC don't count, who cares about the team, it's the drivers!!! Where would Merc be without Lewis?

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Actually this car was not a winner, this was 2008's challenger .. it won races but not the championship (it won the constructors championship but not the driver's). And btw this was the year that produced the most stunning cars , even the ugliest was a queen :)
    That car was fast. If it wasn't for the anomalie of The Renault Team in SG and the failure of the engine in Hungary Massa would be a champion and Rapper Boy would have 1 less championship.

"Always move forward, take it one step at a time, eventually you'll reach your goal and if you happen to fall on face your still moving..."

now let's hope that lewis's engine OR the ICE part of it is not salvagable

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    now let's hope that lewis's engine OR the ICE part of it is not salvagable
    sadly, reports from wolff camp confirm that as of now its nothing to do with the engine but you never know it could be a smokescreen as i feel Bottas blaming his floor in the FrenchGp was a smokescreen seeing how awful mercs are following other cars. Scarbstech has some nice info on the parts that possibly caused the DNF, CH4 also called on the issues as they occurred.

https://twitter.com/ScarbsTech/statu...53369486389249
    https://twitter.com/ScarbsTech/statu...33988739305475

I saw an article which states, ferrari gonna bring new diffuser, floor, modified barge boards, new RW for Silverstone.
    I’m trying to find that article again n post the link.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I saw an article which states, ferrari gonna bring new diffuser, floor, modified barge boards, new RW for Silverstone.

You better find it !!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    o man that sounds way too good to be true! but i'v seen an f1 miracle on sunday so i have some belief lol

Someone may have mentioned it, but I'm wondering if the updated MB engine has inherent vibration issues, creating unwelcome harmonics through the system that can lead to premature failures to various associated components. We saw Honda endure the same issue a season or so back. It would appear to more than coincidental: these MBenzes have been flawless for years, but suddenly have failures shortly after the new engine spec introduction. If this has any foundation, then the source of the vibrations would likely be from the updated combustion process. Houston, we have a problem!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    You better find it !!!!!!!!!!!
    It’s posted via one of the F1 media twitter account..!! Not able to recollect the name. Hope it’s true.

Ferrari engine the benchmark

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...now__Hamilton/

I think Merc engine was delayed as they taking bigger risks to remain the benchmark

Last edited by coshida; 4th July 2018 at 09:23.

Quote Originally Posted by coshida View Post
    - According to Motorsport Italy, Ferrari will have a new floor that will also affect the diffuser for Silverstone

- In Maranello they don‘t want to accept the Mercedes supremacy in Silverstone that exist on paper. Ferrari has not planned to revolutionize the SF71H who is behaving very well but instead continues the development work that so far has gone well.