Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1188

Thread: SF71H 2018 Contender

“Probably we are not as competitive in the wet as we are in the dry, but you know in these conditions anything can happen and obviously, you can see that the gaps were quite big at times,”
    - Vettel after Qualifying at Hungary.

The SF71H is really powerful in the dry, nice hot temperatures is the only chance at winning a trophy with it.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    I think over 1 lap, spec 1 and 2 are not massively different. I think where spec 2 makes the difference is better fuel compsumption. Over a race distance if you run with less KG then this equates to lap time.

Also encouraging words from Gio since he last drove the car in May

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi..._dramatically/
    I thought that was the big update (better fuel consumption) but then it was revealed shell made a big breakthrough or step forward or something for Canada so im not 100% sure its even that(PU related). maybe reliability was improved?
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Yeah, nice.
    I think it was in Austria, practice sessions, when I saw that Kimi had a problem to keep track limits, and after that, every session same problem, so I think they did get that boost in Austria.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Yeah, nice.
    I think it was in Austria, practice sessions, when I saw that Kimi had a problem to keep track limits, and after that, every session same problem, so I think they did get that boost in Austria.
    speaking of kimi i saw someone mention this on twitter but i think they need to change his engineer or something, he has to ask 50 times questions or responses and gets upset lol before he can understand the accent or english from his engineer in almost every race we get a radio msg from him.

Reasons why Redbull & Ferrari failed in the Hungary Qualifying (wet)

https://youtu.be/9VCJ2o5x8vQ

Redbull and Ferrari are moreeasy on its tyres, Mercedes being harder on its tyres are the best for the wet/inters tyres/conditions, the advantages in the dry become disadvantages in the wet, higher rake of rb/Ferrari could also be an additional issue for them in the rain

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Reasons why Redbull & Ferrari failed in the Hungary Qualifying (wet)

https://youtu.be/9VCJ2o5x8vQ

Redbull and Ferrari are moreeasy on its tyres, Mercedes being harder on its tyres are the best for the wet/inters tyres/conditions, the advantages in the dry become disadvantages in the wet, higher rake of rb/Ferrari could also be an additional issue for them in the rain

Mercedes strats. called it right. They waited with just enough minutes(3MIN pit) in Q3 to get Bottas then Lewis out on fresh new full wets. Vettel stayed out the full 12min of Q3.

and Kimi was behind Haas, so you could stop with that" Mercs is so much better when wet".

Kimi radio" what a shame, amazing grip, we had it"

and Kimi was behind Haas, so you could stop with that" Mercs is so much better when wet".
    By no means am i saying you wrong, maybe kimi's setup had insane grip better than any other car and would've been 1s faster than hamilton but the ferrari that seb used and the redbulls that max and dani used were much slower in the condition they tried to qualify as they said themselves; they think it was the car in wets losing advantage or the car doesnt work in the wets, plus every analysis so far iv managed to find has shared the same opinion about the load on tyres advantage for mercedes. but yeah if you dont *believe it just ignore it but i dont see why all the experts would lie for no reason

Kimi onboard camera, start from 1:00:30

http://mygoodstream.pw/channels/f1.p...RjeE9UZzJMdz09

Kimi onboard camera, start from 1:00:30

http://mygoodstream.pw/channels/f1.p...RjeE9UZzJMdz09
    good case for kimi definitely could'v been little faster im not sure if pole but for sure P2 if the visibility was better, did the pitwall tell him 8seconds ahead or something and they messed up again leaving him behind the haas? do you have a link for seb?

like they said, we were unlucky

http://mygoodstream.pw/f1/

like they said, we were unlucky

http://mygoodstream.pw/f1/
    thanks! bookmarked!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Mercedes strats. called it right. They waited with just enough minutes(3MIN pit) in Q3 to get Bottas then Lewis out on fresh new full wets. Vettel stayed out the full 12min of Q3.
    No, Vettel came in with about 4 to 5 mins for fresh set of wets, I watched him do it. Proof, no, but watched it happen, followed at about the 3 min mark with Merc.

Quote Originally Posted by kraig1 View Post
    No, Vettel came in with about 4 to 5 mins for fresh set of wets, I watched him do it. Proof, no, but watched it happen, followed at about the 3 min mark with Merc.
    I stand corrected. He comes in at the 4:50 mark during Q3 or the 1:00:10 mark during qualifying for a new set of full wets.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I stand corrected. He comes in at the 4:50 mark during Q3 or the 1:00:10 mark during qualifying for a new set of full wets.
    Np!

A very good article on 2019 Regulation changes

https://www.f1technical.net/news/21768

Before the summer break for 2018

Ferrari still has "a lot to unleash" with 2018 car - Vettel

Sebastian Vettel has promised Ferrari has “a lot of potential to unleash” when the Formula 1 season resumes after the summer break.

The four-time world champion trails Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton by 24 points after last weekend’s Hungarian Grand Prix, while Ferrari has a 10-point deficit in the constructors’ championship.

Ferrari has made strong progress with its car and engine as the season has developed and Vettel should be ahead in the championship but for his crash while leading last month’s German Grand Prix, which allowed Hamilton to steal an unlikely victory.

Both manufacturers will be introducing what should be their final engine upgrades of the season at either the Belgian or Italian GPs after the break.

Asked by Motorsport.com about the momentum in the title battle, Vettel said: “As we’ve seen this year the pendulum seems to swing once this side, once that side.

“If it’s like this, consistency is the key. I didn't do myself a favour [in Germany] but I think it’s part of racing, stuff happens.

“Compared to last year, we lost the championship I think because our car wasn’t quick enough to be a match in the final part of the season, despite what happened with the DNFs.

“This year has shown so far that our car is more efficient, our car is stronger and still has a lot of potential to unleash.

“I’m quite confident with what’s sitting in the pipeline that we can improve. It should be an exciting second part of the year.”

Last season Vettel’s victory in Hungary meant he headed into the summer break with a 14-point lead over Hamilton, but Ferrari’s challenge faltered.

Hamilton went on a three-race winning streak when the season resumed and took further victories in Japan and the United States.

By contrast, Vettel won just once more as a startline crash with teammate Kimi Raikkonen and reliability problem in Japan helped curtail his challenge.

Hamilton said the ups and downs experienced so far in 2018 countered any expectation the second half of the season would go like last year and he did “absolutely not” feel like he was beginning to take control of the title fight.

“It’s far too early,” he said. “I don’t believe there’s ever a moment that you’ve got your hands on the title or the trophy.

“We’ve got a long, long way still to go. A lot can happen but what’s really important is that we continue to keep up the pressure and keep working as we have done until now.

“There’s nothing we really need to alter. I think our work ethic has been very strong and the team morale is better than ever, the spirit is better than ever.

“We came to the last race, they kind of blew us away a little bit in qualifying, they would have done here had it been dry.

“I’m not really certain what to expect.”

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/v...leash/3153028/
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 3rd August 2018 at 09:17.

[Autobild] Günther Steiner (Haas) about Spec 3: "The engine is again a real step forward."

[Autobild] Vettel: "We still have lots of things in the pipeline. I can only blame myself for the point deficit."

Seb seems confident, I hope Ferrari dominates Spa & Monza.

With new Spec 3 we should be strong at Spa,Monza,Singapore,Russia,Mexico,Brazil and Abu Dhabi.I think that COTA and Suzuka are the tracks Merc will be sligtly ahead but who knows this season.If we can get thoose 7 victories (cause we should have the fastest car there) then we have the both championships there.Of course me predicting this so early its very wrong but its just my honest opinion based on some facts and research of this year.Mercedes have had a better driver this year,but knowing Seb (2012,2013,2010) he can be extremely good in 2nd half of the season,and with Kimi being consistant we are looking very good.Good news is that Merc want to postpone their Spec 3 wile Steiner said that our Spec 3 is another incredible improvement.Lets hope for a great 2nd half ,24 and 10 points behind is not good but its better to be hunters with better car than being hunted with slower(2012).!

Quote Originally Posted by Marin123X View Post
    With new Spec 3 we should be strong at Spa,Monza,Singapore,Russia,Mexico,Brazil and Abu Dhabi.I think that COTA and Suzuka are the tracks Merc will be sligtly ahead but who knows this season.If we can get thoose 7 victories (cause we should have the fastest car there) then we have the both championships there.Of course me predicting this so early its very wrong but its just my honest opinion based on some facts and research of this year.Mercedes have had a better driver this year,but knowing Seb (2012,2013,2010) he can be extremely good in 2nd half of the season,and with Kimi being consistant we are looking very good.Good news is that Merc want to postpone their Spec 3 wile Steiner said that our Spec 3 is another incredible improvement.Lets hope for a great 2nd half ,24 and 10 points behind is not good but its better to be hunters with better car than being hunted with slower(2012).!
    Great 2nd post

Every time when seb mentions something in the pipeline it’s given good performance. Last year he said, we are building into next year we know where our weaknesses are it’s about straight line speed, aero was very good.
    So I’m excited & eagerly waiting for 2nd half of the season. Car is very strong, just vet needs to be careful & keep it on pole position that’s it. Ferrari atleast in the hands of seb has very good starts, especially 2nd launch of the start.
    Last edited by nani_s23; 5th August 2018 at 04:26.

Off topic
    Does anyone remember this significance of MS testing for Sauber in 97??

96513064-859D-42D8-8EC7-C0AB58C1205C.jpeg

How does one find a track rear end and how do you say a track is more front end? ( We supposed to be better at front end tracks according to Allison )
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by roddick_andy View Post
    Off topic
    Does anyone remember this significance of MS testing for Sauber in 97??

IIRC Sauber had some issues with the car balance and MS test for them at Fiorano to see if he could help.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    How does one find a track rear end and how do you say a track is more front end? ( We supposed to be better at front end tracks according to Allison )
    Front end limited circuit: Typically high downforce and high speed circuits (China, Silverstone, Suzuka, Austin, Spa etc). Circuits with heavy braking zone. Front limited circuit wear out front tyres quicker than the rears.

Rear end limited circuit: Circuits where more time spent in traction zones (Singapore, Austria, Brazil, Canada etc). Rear end limited circuits wear out rear tyres quicker than the fronts, so teams favour understeer.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Front end limited circuit: Typically high downforce and high speed circuits (China, Silverstone, Suzuka, Austin, Spa etc). Circuits with heavy braking zone. Front limited circuit wear out front tyres quicker than the rears.

Rear end limited circuit: Circuits where more time spent in traction zones (Singapore, Austria, Brazil, Canada etc). Rear end limited circuits wear out rear tyres quicker than the fronts, so teams favour understeer.
    Thanks for teaching me oh great master .
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    IIRC Sauber had some issues with the car balance and MS test for them at Fiorano to see if he could help.
    Thanks

Any info on this article from people that subscribe?

https://www.autosport.com/f1/feature...-step-theories

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Any info on this article from people that subscribe?

https://www.autosport.com/f1/feature...-step-theories
    Nvm i think this is it although only half an article

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/t...ories/3154810/
    The numbers that disprove Ferrari 'magic step' theories