Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1131

Thread: SF71H 2018 Contender

  1. #1021
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    296
    RaceFans.net analysis on current pecking order. Mercedes since 2014 is again leading the pack.

    https://www.racefans.net/2018/08/06/...rari-quickest/

  2. #1022
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,137
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    RaceFans.net analysis on current pecking order. Mercedes since 2014 is again leading the pack.

    https://www.racefans.net/2018/08/06/...rari-quickest/

    The points differentiation is not the same going into the summer break when compared to the years from 2014. We are 10pts behind in the WCC title as opposed to previous years going into the summer break. Yes, Mercedes is still leading the pack but we finally caught up to them....still very close for the WDC and WCC title.

  3. #1023
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,239
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    The points differentiation is not the same going into the summer break when compared to the years from 2014. We are 10pts behind in the WCC title as opposed to previous years going into the summer break. Yes, Mercedes is still leading the pack but we finally caught up to them....still very close for the WDC and WCC title.
    Exactly.
    This is not a year to year analysis.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  4. #1024
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,137
    Ferrari have just announced another floor upgrade https://gptd.co/2vqgIPH

  5. #1025
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    8,096
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Ferrari have just announced another floor upgrade https://gptd.co/2vqgIPH
    aren't thy referring to the same floor at silverstone and not a new one, they usually go few weekends before tweeting about the updates, they did the same at canada about bargeboards and front wing after some races, people thought they were referring to new updates but they weren't just addressing parts already on the car
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  6. #1026
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    8,096
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    aren't thy referring to the same floor at silverstone and not a new one, they usually go few weekends before tweeting about the updates, they did the same at canada about bargeboards and front wing after some races, people thought they were referring to new updates but they weren't just addressing parts already on the car
    imo talking about old floor update not any new ones planned
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  7. #1027
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,936
    I think it may be the Silverstone spec floor, we have kept our updates close to our chest so far so no reason to reveal our updates weeks before the next race.

  8. #1028
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    467
    And far away from spying cameras why is it always fi tech analysis on ferrari upgrades and rarely mercedes .

  9. #1029
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    8,096
    Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    I think it may be the Silverstone spec floor, we have kept our updates close to our chest so far so no reason to reveal our updates weeks before the next race.
    100% it was, lol some f1 news sites are crazy for some clicks its the driest month for them in a long time
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  10. #1030
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    8,096
    RUMORS so don't take as fact

    According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Ferrari will try to use the wastegate solution tested in Hockenheim and also there will be new features in the floor and a new diffuser
    According to Gazzetta dello Sport, the new Ferrari Spec 3 has improved its efficiency and also a power increase. It has a newly developed turbo charger and a newly developed MGU-H. It will debut in Spa
    Sportbild it‘s also written that Ferrari’s Spec 3 will either debut in Spa or Monza.
    https://twitter.com/Vetteleclerc

    Lets pray its true and we can win some races eventually when this badluck rain finally goes away
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  11. #1031
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    8,096
    looks a bit familiar, not sure where but i swear i seen this before in a better color too

    new mirrors for rb
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  12. #1032
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    6,653
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    looks a bit familiar, not sure where but i swear i seen this before in a better color too

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DlNvV1fX0AApgcB.jpg new mirrors for rb
    ha, ha.....i guess even the so called AERO GURU.....adrian newey has to copy stuff from our car, a car that's been designed by some SUPER TALENTED people back in Maranello.....shame on you Newey, SHAME....
    ...the new SF71H looks amazing. Let's hope it's gonna be as FAST as it looks.


  13. #1033
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,324
    RB has copied lots of stuff from Ferrari. Looks like we might have the new Newey.

  14. #1034
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    759
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    RB has copied lots of stuff from Ferrari. Looks like we might have the new Newey.
    Gosh I hope so. Back in the day, the only way to beat Schumi's right foot was with an Adrian Newey designed car.


    "When I watch a puppet show, I'm not watching the puppets...I'm trying to see who's pulling the strings."

  15. #1035
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    8,096


    Ferrari better make sure we NEVER lose that genius Binotto
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  16. #1036
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,137
    Kimi's car running the straight rear wing. No "W09" rear wing at the moment.

    Bottas to try the Spec 3 engine for Hamilton. Bottas will take grid penalties.

  17. #1037
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,180
    https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...-grid-bag-ploy

    Now it seems the Ferrari pre-race tactics have caught the eyes of some. Ferrari are using a dry-ice pack on the camera and some believe it could be too cool off the air intake chamber for that initial boost (turbo engines benefit from cold air) and or to hide 2 mysterious buttons that have appeared on the steering wheel albeit being covered by the outer material...

    I read about this on the italian media 1st a day or so ago.

    https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/fe...nuovo/3162305/

  18. #1038
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,936
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    looks a bit familiar, not sure where but i swear i seen this before in a better color too

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DlNvV1fX0AApgcB.jpg new mirrors for rb
    I wonder if Ferrari have tested out this solution of having the mirror support from the traditional location. I know our mirror support got banned from the HALO..

  19. #1039
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    8,096
    Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    I wonder if Ferrari have tested out this solution of having the mirror support from the traditional location. I know our mirror support got banned from the HALO..
    I would really like to know too!, from as far as i can remember ferrari never had the traditional mirror supoort aero structure that mercs and rb run now to compare with the halo ones currently
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  20. #1040
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,137
    Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    I wonder if Ferrari have tested out this solution of having the mirror support from the traditional location. I know our mirror support got banned from the HALO..
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    I would really like to know too!, from as far as i can remember ferrari never had the traditional mirror supoort aero structure that mercs and rb run now to compare with the halo ones currently

    The mirror support (Ferrari) DID NOT get banned. The winglet coming off the support got banned.

  21. #1041
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,936
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    The mirror support (Ferrari) DID NOT get banned. The winglet coming off the support got banned.
    Yes it was a winglet, it is also supporting the end of the mirror if you look at the picture.

    https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...as-been-banned

  22. #1042
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,936
    Possible new engine (spec 3) for vettel and hamilton

    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...t-spa/3163069/

  23. #1043
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    6,653
    Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Possible new engine (spec 3) for vettel and hamilton

    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...t-spa/3163069/
    What about Kimi? He surly needs a new spec engine as the engine number two that he currently runs in his car is a spec 1 engine as well due to him needing to have it replaced before spec 2 was ready

    So they should give him a spec 3 one with a little bit more power me thinks, NO?
    ...the new SF71H looks amazing. Let's hope it's gonna be as FAST as it looks.


  24. #1044
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    759
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    What about Kimi? He surly needs a new spec engine as the engine number two that he currently runs in his car is a spec 1 engine as well due to him needing to have it replaced before spec 2 was ready

    So they should give him a spec 3 one with a little bit more power me thinks, NO?
    I'd imagine. I certainly hope. He needs that HP to take points away from Gangsta Boy.


    "When I watch a puppet show, I'm not watching the puppets...I'm trying to see who's pulling the strings."

  25. #1045
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,353
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    What about Kimi? He surly needs a new spec engine as the engine number two that he currently runs in his car is a spec 1 engine as well due to him needing to have it replaced before spec 2 was ready

    So they should give him a spec 3 one with a little bit more power me thinks, NO?
    Kimi with a spec 3 with more power probably not allowed. He's liable to beat the pants off the Seb man! Again I believe ; either driver on pole and 1st. place will be great, Ferrari needs WCC this year.

  26. #1046
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Pangea
    Posts
    3,240

  27. #1047
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    8,096
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Hallelujah if true, its way overdue, should'v had updates at monza but i hope these work especially since it'l be wetin singapore and ferrari need to find a fix for wet conditions
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  28. #1048
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Pangea
    Posts
    3,240
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Hallelujah if true, its way overdue, should'v had updates at monza but i hope these work especially since it'l be wetin singapore and ferrari need to find a fix for wet conditions
    Remember the exhaust/wastegate they tested in FP1 Germany.



    Hopefully, we will see it in Singapore.

  29. #1049
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    2,221
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Remember the exhaust/wastegate they tested in FP1 Germany.

    https://d2d0b2rxqzh1q5.cloudfront.ne...1ec74bdd5b.jpg

    Hopefully, we will see it in Singapore.
    Im waiting for it since i saw it!!!!
    BUT there are some questions. Did it give us the expected results? Is it for specific tracks like high downforce ???
    It will be so nice to see using it because it will mean that it will give us something special !!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  30. #1050
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    8,096
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Remember the exhaust/wastegate they tested in FP1 Germany.

    https://d2d0b2rxqzh1q5.cloudfront.ne...1ec74bdd5b.jpg

    Hopefully, we will see it in Singapore.
    lol i want ferrari to have big updates like mercs so anything and everything i hope is updated
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •