Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 132425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1173

Thread: SF71H 2018 Contender

  1. #1111
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12
    Speaking of free money. I feel like the push from Liberty to remove our $100 million bonus is a massive negotiation behind closed doors.

    What I think has happened:

    1. Ferrari feels entitled to the $100mil but Liberty is not going to put up with it for long

    2. A deal could not be reached so it was agreed that Ferrari can bring back it's pseudo cigarette branding as long as it wasn't too obvious.

    3. Phillip Morris (who's leader just so happened to replace SM after his death) comes up with the genius way to do this by creating the concept that they are going to look to the future, to improve and find new and healthier ways to pass their products to consumers. They call this Mission Winnow. They use winnowing as an allusion to portray their challenge of switching from smoked cigarettes to something better for the people. The beauty is they can use their mission logo which resembles the marlboro logo we are all so familiar with. In a way, this is very similar to what Beer companies are doing, IE Heineken "When you drive never drink". It seems as long as these type of sponsors are pursuing advertising in a way that is promoting safety of their consumers then they are able to avoid specific bans.

    4. It all ties together perfectly. Liberty can take back the $100 million and distribute it however they need. Ferrari gets its multi million dollar sponsorship back (which also brings in additional money to the sport). And Phillip Morris is once again able to advertise its brand, pseudonimacly anyways.

    If this is somewhat true, then Sergio's "We will quit F1" was his way of saying to Liberty "If you take our $100million you must consider allowing our main sponsor to have their branding on our cars"

  2. #1112
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,456
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariDave View Post
    Speaking of free money. I feel like the push from Liberty to remove our $100 million bonus is a massive negotiation behind closed doors.

    What I think has happened:

    1. Ferrari feels entitled to the $100mil but Liberty is not going to put up with it for long

    2. A deal could not be reached so it was agreed that Ferrari can bring back it's pseudo cigarette branding as long as it wasn't too obvious.

    3. Phillip Morris (who's leader just so happened to replace SM after his death) comes up with the genius way to do this by creating the concept that they are going to look to the future, to improve and find new and healthier ways to pass their products to consumers. They call this Mission Winnow. They use winnowing as an allusion to portray their challenge of switching from smoked cigarettes to something better for the people. The beauty is they can use their mission logo which resembles the marlboro logo we are all so familiar with. In a way, this is very similar to what Beer companies are doing, IE Heineken "When you drive never drink". It seems as long as these type of sponsors are pursuing advertising in a way that is promoting safety of their consumers then they are able to avoid specific bans.

    4. It all ties together perfectly. Liberty can take back the $100 million and distribute it however they need. Ferrari gets its multi million dollar sponsorship back (which also brings in additional money to the sport). And Phillip Morris is once again able to advertise its brand, pseudonimacly anyways.

    If this is somewhat true, then Sergio's "We will quit F1" was his way of saying to Liberty "If you take our $100million you must consider allowing our main sponsor to have their branding on our cars"
    SM WAS on the board of directors of Philip Morris. Mauricio Arrivebene is an ex-Philip Morris marketing director. And now you have Camilleri who is also from Philip Morris. So Philip Morris recruits get hired as Ferrari personnel or have some ties with Philip Morris when it involves Ferrari.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  3. #1113
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Babes&Whisky
    Posts
    2,553
    Has anyone else observed that every time we have a coming together/small accident with another car, it is always ours that comes out the most damaged? Kimi and Seb both colided with Verstappen in Japan, and Max came away with almost nothing except a 5 sec penalty. While both our drivers had damage on their cars and lost time. The same with Seb at Monza, he spun and not Hamilton and the examples keep coming. Do we have an easier to damage car?

  4. #1114
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,190
    Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Has anyone else observed that every time we have a coming together/small accident with another car, it is always ours that comes out the most damaged? Kimi and Seb both colided with Verstappen in Japan, and Max came away with almost nothing except a 5 sec penalty. While both our drivers had damage on their cars and lost time. The same with Seb at Monza, he spun and not Hamilton and the examples keep coming. Do we have an easier to damage car?
    No I think Vettel doesn't know how to crash properly. That's why we had Kyvaat doing the testing. :p True, I thought of that when both our cars collided with Verstappen last Sunday. Either that RB is a tank or our car has butterfly wings.

  5. #1115
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Has anyone else observed that every time we have a coming together/small accident with another car, it is always ours that comes out the most damaged? Kimi and Seb both colided with Verstappen in Japan, and Max came away with almost nothing except a 5 sec penalty. While both our drivers had damage on their cars and lost time. The same with Seb at Monza, he spun and not Hamilton and the examples keep coming. Do we have an easier to damage car?
    China 2018 is also an example, if there is collision involving Ferrari then you can be sure that a Ferrari car will be damaged regardless of who is at fault. That's a rule to remember.

  6. #1116
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    8,951
    According to Motorsport Italy, Ferrari will debut their last aerodynamic package of the season in Austin. Despite knowing that the title battle is decided, Ferrari wants to show that the SF71H is capable of winning. They also will rely on the balance solution found in Suzuka
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  7. #1117
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    8,951
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    China 2018 is also an example, if there is collision involving Ferrari then you can be sure that a Ferrari car will be damaged regardless of who is at fault. That's a rule to remember.
    its like the ferrari is made of rice paper to keep the weight down
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  8. #1118
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,488
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    its like the ferrari is made of rice paper to keep the weight down
    The Ferrari car is made to be on pole , then up front ; out of heavy traffic. I believe Seb is made that way too.

  9. #1119
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    The Ferrari car is made to be on pole , then up front ; out of heavy traffic. I believe Seb is made that way too.
    Like Brazil 2012 and Abu Dhabi 2012 when under immense title pressure Vettel had to come through the field from dead last?

  10. #1120
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,328
    Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Has anyone else observed that every time we have a coming together/small accident with another car, it is always ours that comes out the most damaged? Kimi and Seb both colided with Verstappen in Japan, and Max came away with almost nothing except a 5 sec penalty. While both our drivers had damage on their cars and lost time. The same with Seb at Monza, he spun and not Hamilton and the examples keep coming. Do we have an easier to damage car?
    I've been commenting on this all year, every time we have a coming-together it's always our cars which suffer most damage or have their races affected more dramatically, without some of these crashes/driver errors (not always Seb's fault for sure), the championship would definitely still be alive.

  11. #1121
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    3,557
    New "Crocodile" Floor





  12. #1122
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    3,557
    New bargeboard




    New Floor









    Flow deflector

    Last edited by tifosi1993; 18th October 2018 at 21:28.

  13. #1123
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    2,238
    They say that this is a "3 tenths / lap " upgrade.
    Lets see if its real, AND if its enough.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  14. #1124
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    6,801
    Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    They say that this is a "3 tenths / lap " upgrade.
    Lets see if its real, AND if its enough.
    we were down 6 tenths per lap down on the merc last race...so now we're gonna be 3 tenths down.....PLUS whatever upgrades the merc will be bringing......

    that is of course if our upgrades will NOT be DOWNGRADES again.....as usual in the second half of the season.
    ...the new SF71H looks amazing. Let's hope it's gonna be as FAST as it looks.


  15. #1125
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    3,557
    Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    They say that this is a "3 tenths / lap " upgrade.
    Lets see if its real, AND if its enough.
    That's just wind tunnel assessment. As far as I know, 1 tenth=7 point downforce, so 3 tenths/lap=21 point downforce increase.

    And more downforce means more grip and stability. So the overall lap time gain would be much higher, if the upgrades work as intended.

  16. #1126
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Babes&Whisky
    Posts
    2,553
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    That's just wind tunnel assessment. As far as I know, 1 tenth=7 point downforce, so 3 tenths/lap=21 point downforce increase.

    And more downforce means more grip and stability. So the overall lap time gain would be much higher, if the upgrades work as intended.
    I remember our boys saying that the car is not hard to drive, we just lack speed. So grip and stability are not our problem. That being said it is always nice for the drivers to have better grip, it gives you more confidence and you can enter and leave a corner with as much speed as possible.

  17. #1127
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,720
    Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    I remember our boys saying that the car is not hard to drive, we just lack speed. So grip and stability are not our problem. That being said it is always nice for the drivers to have better grip, it gives you more confidence and you can enter and leave a corner with as much speed as possible.
    My point too

  18. #1128
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,328
    And what difference will it make if it's wet, we have enough trouble keeping the cars on the track already! But I suppose we should be grateful the team are still trying, what a surprise it would be if it works!

  19. #1129
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,488
    The Ferrari car is a winner, now the drivers need to better fight off the other drivers trying to get up on the podium. That's when the driver is on his own, his experience and judgement that got him the seat is the only thing that counts once the race is on. This season there's a few drivers who think they can win!

  20. #1130
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    8,951
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    And what difference will it make if it's wet, we have enough trouble keeping the cars on the track already! But I suppose we should be grateful the team are still trying, what a surprise it would be if it works!
    very true, what sucks a lot is that when ferrari had a very good car to compete with mercs evenly in the dry conditions we suffered with nonstop rain ruining critical sessions and periods plus worst timing of safety cars etc , ferrari is garbage in the wets and they have yet to fix that.

    still happy they brought some upgrades, even though its too late the quicker they can fix the issues between wind tunnel and track the better
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  21. #1131
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,488
    It takes a great driver with experience in the rain; besides the right tires etc. Ayrton Senna was the "King of the rain " And without the Pirelli rainbow of colors ! I hope to see a Ferrari on pole & a win, either driver. Meanwhile watching Leclerc and Max makes my watching the races still great. Max along side Eightypoles will be great to see!
    Last edited by Brembo; 20th October 2018 at 13:05.

  22. #1132
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    They say that this is a "3 tenths / lap " upgrade.
    Lets see if its real, AND if its enough.
    Should've hold off this upgrade until next season. Noe Mercedes is gonna copy it and make their car faster next year.

  23. #1133
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,456
    Quote Originally Posted by crbassassin View Post
    Should've hold off this upgrade until next season. Noe Mercedes is gonna copy it and make their car faster next year.
    Maybe we should copy the rims(rear) and rear suspension "steering" for starters for 2019.....if we have'nt put that on the table already.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  24. #1134
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,720
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Maybe we should copy the rims(rear) and rear suspension "steering" for starters for 2019.....if we have'nt put that on the table already.
    Wtever we do, some one from our team gonna be hired by mercs & get info from him then later complain to FIA.

  25. #1135
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    hull
    Posts
    663
    https://mobile.twitter.com/SmilexTec...40820305473536

    Very interesting then that the newfound competitiveness of Ferrari coincides with the return in front of Mercedes in terms of maximum speed, the usual 2-3 km / h, and with the introduction of a new mapping of qualification called "K1 Plus". Good Sunday everyone # TechF1 #FUnoAT

  26. #1136
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    3,557
    Austin, Texas (Saturday)







  27. #1137
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    3,557
    Austin, Texas (Sunday)









    Last edited by tifosi1993; 22nd October 2018 at 09:08.

  28. #1138
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    28,626

  29. #1139
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    6,801
    again, useless inseason development by Ferrari....that happens year over year.....we start off with a good and fast enough car, and then we fall FLAT on our faces when we take the wrong path of development....this is just sad, really!!!! the same OLD story since, well since limitless inseason testing was banned back in 2009
    ...the new SF71H looks amazing. Let's hope it's gonna be as FAST as it looks.


  30. #1140
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    again, useless inseason development by Ferrari....that happens year over year.....we start off with a good and fast enough car, and then we fall FLAT on our faces when we take the wrong path of development....this is just sad, really!!!! the same OLD story since, well since limitless inseason testing was banned back in 2009
    I have my belief, that... the simulator tester.... who is a notorious chap who went gung ho on Vettel while racing and for who knows what reason was hired by Ferrari....
    has a deep hand in promoting these 'false' modifications which have totally derailed the momentum of the car's performance...

    conspiracy theorists make what you will of this... or...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •