Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212233 ... LastLast

Thread: SF71H 2018 Contender

She looks great on track, just as I had hoped and expected! Can’t wait for more. Testing is in some ways my favourite time of the season. So full of mystery and intrigue. On the other hand I just want the season to begin already!

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    She looks great on track, just as I had hoped and expected! Can’t wait for more. Testing is in some ways my favourite time of the season. So full of mystery and intrigue. On the other hand I just want the season to begin already!
    Wow from that above shot she is stunningly beautiful and sounds really good
    Can’t wait for testing and the gossip of course, ted crappitz note book at the end of every session and other gossip or jealousy words from Garry Anderson and others
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Nice looking car

Still not a single shot of the rear/diffuser which further adds to the intrigue! Only a matter of time but I’m very impatient.

thats sound! we want more!!! 💪🏼

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Still not a single shot of the rear/diffuser which further adds to the intrigue! Only a matter of time but I’m very impatient.
    I’m sure we’ll get lots of shots come testing tomorrow, everyone and their brother will try and get pictures of our beautiful car
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

That's a deep red with the sun hitting it on track. Love love it.

more pics

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DW43t4AWsAAZBJT.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DW43t4JWAAEUzEZ.jpg

Lovely car.
    Just a bit lonely on the rear wing without any sponsor logo. I wish they would slap Marlboro logo on that bit but I guess EU comissionaire would go mad.. [emoji14]

Looks like from the the pix from above ferrari has revisited the slot on the extreem edge of the floor that had to b stiffened

It's really very beautiful, my heart beats!

Last edited by ForzaFerrariGo!; 25th February 2018 at 17:22.

Scuderia Ferrari, la Scuderia pių vincente nella storia della Formula 1.
    16 Titoli Costruttori & 15 Titoli Piloti.

Ferrari has completed the 100km that the FIA grants for filming purposes. Impressive debut!
    Now that Ferrari has completed all the track work they are doing pit-stop tests until 6 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Ferrari has completed the 100km that the FIA grants for filming purposes. Impressive debut!
    Now that Ferrari has completed all the track work they are doing pit-stop tests until 6 pm.
    Was seb driving today or just kimi ?

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post

I don't know. It's like Area 51 around this place all of a sudden....not even videos have been posted.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    it.motorsport.com says Seb first and then Kimi...

Thanks.
    Hopefully we had a straight forward day so no mucking around tomorrow.

The SF71-H seems not to have experienced any problems, showing great potential even with the demo tires
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    The SF71-H seems not to have experienced any problems, showing great potential even with the demo tires
    quite interested to hear the feedback from drivers, if any.

Anyone please?

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...2018-tech-path

I'm guess8ng Gary Anderson will say Ferrari have it wrong

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Anyone please?

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...2018-tech-path

I'm guess8ng Gary Anderson will say Ferrari have it wrong
    That’s a podcast, anyone can hear it... so You are guessing right, Gary Anderson says McLaren is better than Ferrari, he is disappointed with Ferrari, and Mercedes is gonna kick some ass.

Let’s wait and see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

WHY they saying such things???!!!
    If you look at Merc comparison of w09-wo8, if you take of the Halo add the shark-fin and a tider dack,its THE SAME!!!!
    Ours is almost a new car.Evolution but almost everything is new.On Merc you have to look very very carefully to spot tiny differences. McLaren even worse!!!
    And they say that we didn't do a good job???!!!!
    Come on!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Didnt this "Anal-yst" Gary Anderson say last year that "Look at the Mercedes, they have a lot of details, so refined, they taken the concept a lot further", so what about Ferrari this year Mr. Gary Anderson?? hmmm???? We dont have details?? We didnt refine our concept?? No innovation, hmm?? This guy is not a Journalist, this guy is a Mercedes-Lewis fanboy, working as a journalist/anal-yst.
    First of all, when you are a journalist, you have to report without biast, without taking a view of one way or the other. Say the fact, say it as it is. I dont see this anywhere these days.

Ok, now, to our car. We cannot go with the same concept as the Mercedes, we must be different in order to win. So, we have a very different concept. Lot of people here are talking about the high radiator inlets and if it will effect the cg (center of gravity). Personally, I do not see this as a negative thing, the CG will not be so high, the radiator inlets are higher maybe by 3 to 4cm but the radiators are situated lower, this is just the bodywork. The car is narrower by about 6 or 8cm. The height of the car by the radiator inlets does not mean more drag, as at this point, the air is rising up from the front wing, they are trying to channel the air into the top radiator inlet with the clever use of the wing mirror. So, car the being narrower gives us huge advantage in reduction in drag, plus, cleaner and more air into the diffuser, which will generate much more downforce.
    Also, if we are not making the same power as the Mercedes, as the rumors are saying, then, a narrow, less drag car is good for our top end speed. So, in this respect, we are getting something back. Also, for me, Mercedes does not look as innovative as Ferrari. Their car looks just like last year, maybe a bit more detail. I do not see a big of an evolution as I see in the Ferrari.
    Another thought, remember least year, when there was the limit about gentleman's agreement with Mercedes and Ferrari not to introduce a new engine before the new oil burning limit comes into effect? I think Mercedes were burning oil, and they gained so much more power from it, after that Ferrari was loosing more races. I think this new oil ban and other liquids bans will only help Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    Didnt this "Anal-yst" Gary Anderson say last year that "Look at the Mercedes, they have a lot of details, so refined, they taken the concept a lot further", so what about Ferrari this year Mr. Gary Anderson?? hmmm???? We dont have details?? We didnt refine our concept?? No innovation, hmm?? This guy is not a Journalist, this guy is a Mercedes-Lewis fanboy, working as a journalist/anal-yst.
    First of all, when you are a journalist, you have to report without biast, without taking a view of one way or the other. Say the fact, say it as it is. I dont see this anywhere these days.

Ok, now, to our car. We cannot go with the same concept as the Mercedes, we must be different in order to win. So, we have a very different concept. Lot of people here are talking about the high radiator inlets and if it will effect the cg (center of gravity). Personally, I do not see this as a negative thing, the CG will not be so high, the radiators are higher maybe by 3 to 4cm. The car is narrower by about 6 or 8cm. The height of the car by the radiator inlets does not mean more drag, as at this point, the air is rising up from the front wing, they are trying to channel the air into the top radiator inlet with the clever use of the wing mirror. So, car the being narrower gives us huge advantage in reduction in drag, plus, cleaner and more air into the diffuser, which will generate much more downforce.
    Also, if we are not making the same power as the Mercedes, as the rumors are saying, then, a narrow, less drag car is good for our top end speed. So, in this respect, we are getting something back. Also, for me, Mercedes does not look as innovative as Ferrari. Their car looks just like last year, maybe a bit more detail. I do not see a big of an evolution as I see in the Ferrari.
    Another thought, remember least year, when there was the limit about gentleman's agreement with Mercedes and Ferrari not to introduce a new engine before the new oil burning limit comes into effect? I think Mercedes were burning oil, and they gained so much more power from it, after that Ferrari was loosing more races. I think this new oil ban and other liquids bans will only help Ferrari.
    Gary Anderson says the W09 has more detail is more complex, so it’s more refined, and better.

Also he said the W09 is an evolution of the W08 and that means it’s not a diva anymore.
    With his magic eyes he have seen the W09 suspension and said this is going ma be much better than Ferrari Classic suspension.

So let’s hope Gary Anderson is gonna be so wrong ... let’s hope we can start proving him wrong since this Monday.

Forza Ferrari

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Let us rewind back to 2014 with the start of the current power unit regs.

I remember Anderson stating the McLaren had a better chassis then the Ferrari when they launched and before either of them had ht the track. It's no secret Ferrari had a issues with the Power unit with Merc being light years ahead. That year Ferrari finished ahead of Mclaren

This year he doubting Ferrari, i'm guessing he is also doubting Newey who have followed our philosophy from last year and taken our route. Last time ai checked Newey was 1 of if not the best designer ever in F1, I can't remember Anderson being regarded so highly, heck he even got sacked after 1 year from the Sky F1 after workng as the 'technical expert'.

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    Ok, now, to our car. We cannot go with the same concept as the Mercedes, we must be different in order to win. So, we have a very different concept. Lot of people here are talking about the high radiator inlets and if it will effect the cg (center of gravity). Personally, I do not see this as a negative thing, the CG will not be so high, the radiator inlets are higher maybe by 3 to 4cm but the radiators are situated lower, this is just the bodywork. The car is narrower by about 6 or 8cm. The height of the car by the radiator inlets does not mean more drag, as at this point, the air is rising up from the front wing, they are trying to channel the air into the top radiator inlet with the clever use of the wing mirror. So, car the being narrower gives us huge advantage in reduction in drag, plus, cleaner and more air into the diffuser, which will generate much more downforce.
    Who has said this about the high side pods, center of gravity BEING A NEGATIVE THING???? It's actually quite the opposite as most teams have adopted this platform except for two along with some aero bits that have been copied from the SF70-H. Ferrari got it right last year. Plus this SF71-H is an evolution of the SF70-H with 3 innovations that I can see off the top of my head and one other one that is still a mystery to me.

The only thing we copied from last yrs. Mclaren car is in the front wing...2 of them....where the wing attaches to the nose(vertical attachements) and 2 small horizontal slits on either side of the wing close to the nose....that's it...no biggie.

Don't pay no mind to Gary Anderson.....he's another Turrini. It's his freedom to express his views and he is entitled to it. How you interpret "his findings and conclusions" is another matter.

Ted said we use a new diffuser in testing.

They all copy ferrari perfect if they were in university doing exams they all would be expelled for plagiarism.