Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232435 ... LastLast

Thread: SF71H 2018 Contender

This forum has become gross. The season hasn’t even started and we’re saying people should be fired. Y’all are children, and gross.

I wonder what name Seb and his mechanics will call the car this year
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

https://www.maximumf1.com/nieuws/for...does-not-match

Ferrari has still a long way to go to fully utilizing the potential of the SF71H, says Motorsport Italy. The performance data from the circuit gives different values than the data from the wind tunnel. The Italian team will have a lot on its plate in the coming weeks.

To be more specific, Ferrari still has not found the ideal aerodynamic 'balance' of the car. The biggest issue seems to come from the back, where the results from the wind tunnel and the circuit do not match. As a result, the team made some changes on the front of the car and try to remedy the balance issues. (Photo: Ferrari F1 Media)

Quote Originally Posted by roddick_andy View Post

Ferrari has still a long way to go to fully utilizing the potential of the SF71H, says Motorsport Italy. The performance data from the circuit gives different values than the data from the wind tunnel. The Italian team will have a lot on its plate in the coming weeks.

To be more specific, Ferrari still has not found the ideal aerodynamic 'balance' of the car. The biggest issue seems to come from the back, where the results from the wind tunnel and the circuit do not match. As a result, the team made some changes on the front of the car and try to remedy the balance issues. (Photo: Ferrari F1 Media)
    Should have stuck with short wheelbase

Quote Originally Posted by roddick_andy View Post

I thought the engine was supposed to be too thirsty, nowthey are saying chassis. I guess everyone is throwing every reason out there snd hope one sticks. Due to number of tyres weather and tracks resurface no body knows anything and are trying to look clever if they are right if not they will hideunder a rock somewhere. Seems all predictions so far are based on whars happened in F1 over the last 5 years and nothing to what wss seen in testing. Last year reports said Ferrari made a huge error with wheelbase and were rushing to get a longer car for Spain and unlikely to get podiums until then.....didnt work out like that. 2004 Ferrari were in big trouble pre season according to experts.

Quote Originally Posted by mark p View Post
    I thought the engine was supposed to be too thirsty, nowthey are saying chassis. I guess everyone is throwing every reason out there snd hope one sticks. Due to number of tyres weather and tracks resurface no body knows anything and are trying to look clever if they are right if not they will hideunder a rock somewhere. Seems all predictions so far are based on whars happened in F1 over the last 5 years and nothing to what wss seen in testing. Last year reports said Ferrari made a huge error with wheelbase and were rushing to get a longer car for Spain and unlikely to get podiums until then.....didnt work out like that. 2004 Ferrari were in big trouble pre season according to experts.
    I couldnt agree more. A fantastic post! We will see in 4-5 days.

Let the experts have another guess they may be right this time and if not then keep on guessing you bunch of uneducated fools they know just enough to make themselves dangerous go and write a guess what animal novel for children.

When we get this kind of build-up to the first race, it's a wonder that any of us can be bothered to get up in the middle of the night to watch it! I am one of those mad fools who still keep believing.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    When we get this kind of build-up to the first race, it's a wonder that any of us can be bothered to get up in the middle of the night to watch it! I am one of those mad fools who still keep believing.
    Me too !!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    But most of us will do...
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    This forum has become gross. The season hasn’t even started and we’re saying people should be fired. Y’all are children, and gross.
    I think he was taking the p out of the Legend SM comment, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    I wonder what name Seb and his mechanics will call the car this year
    Whinge McWhingeface

Seen some pretty interesting comments here about Ferrari being way behind the Mercedes. Reading into Vettel's comments, he seems quietly optimistic, whereas Hamilton is arrogantly talking about title#5. Vettel's comments made after winter testing, claiming the Mercedes used the same tire for their long run testing, is a valid one. That's not a true race simulation, and quite frankly people are reading too much into the testing numbers. Looking forward to Sunday where I predict a Ferrari victory. Let's hope I'm not wrong.
    I have yet to meet anyone quite so stubborn as myself and animated by this overpowering passion that leaves me no time for thought or anything else. I have, in fact, no interest in life outside racing cars.
    Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by brawnydog View Post
    Seen some pretty interesting comments here about Ferrari being way behind the Mercedes. Reading into Vettel's comments, he seems quietly optimistic, whereas Hamilton is arrogantly talking about title#5. Vettel's comments made after winter testing, claiming the Mercedes used the same tire for their long run testing, is a valid one. That's not a true race simulation, and quite frankly people are reading too much into the testing numbers. Looking forward to Sunday where I predict a Ferrari victory. Let's hope I'm not wrong.
    Merc customer teams are said to be struggling and Ferrari but Merc and Ferrari customer teams taken a relative step forward....doesnt make sense...maybe all rubbish or Merc engine not that great? Williams appareny forced clarification on engine modes....trying to scrape extra power as engine not as good? Probably not but thats the kind of story AMUS would make up if they were pro Ferrari rather than Merc.

Quote Originally Posted by mark p View Post
    Merc customer teams are said to be struggling and Ferrari but Merc and Ferrari customer teams taken a relative step forward....doesnt make sense...maybe all rubbish or Merc engine not that great? Williams appareny forced clarification on engine modes....trying to scrape extra power as engine not as good? Probably not but thats the kind of story AMUS would make up if they were pro Ferrari rather than Merc.
    Also, Hamilton/Wolff has claimed they've solved the diva characteristics of the W09. How can they possibly know this when they haven't tested it on all tracks? The whole story of the diva W08 was that it worked at some tracks and not others. How, by testing in Barcelona, do they know how it will perform on all tracks when they didn't know this last year. Rubbish to me.
    I have yet to meet anyone quite so stubborn as myself and animated by this overpowering passion that leaves me no time for thought or anything else. I have, in fact, no interest in life outside racing cars.
    Enzo Ferrari

My personal opinion is that Ferrari is being intentionally coy about their performance. I think their demeanour throughout testing has been of quiet confidence, and I think we will be surprised by our performance. I’m not sure if we’ll be ahead of merc, but we will be CLOSE - just like last year.

This could be wishful thinking... i could be completely wrong... but I just have a feeling....

We will be totally proffesionals at ferrari now silence is golden hamilton is full of yap yap once more seems to be that hamilton has started playing mind games already somthing he does really well pulls you in and then he has you treat him like a deaf lepper stay away from his yap yap and pretend swagger and you shut him down and he cracks badly just ask nico rosberg.

Ferrari F1 engine set for 10bhp step

Ferrari is understood to have made a 10bhp gain with its 2018 Formula 1 engine, despite the increased reliability demands needed for this season.

With drivers limited to just three power units for the 21-race campaign, manufacturers have had to work hard on improving durability and beefing up components to ensure they can last seven full grands prix.

Ferrari had set an original minimum target of matching its 2017 power for the start of this season, but insiders have suggested that it managed to eke out some actual gains for its Melbourne specification 062EVO.

Under the guidance of engine technical chief Corrado Iotti, a specific effort was made to lift performance at slow and medium speeds, where there was greater potential for laptime benefit.

A number of changes have been made, starting with the turbocharger system that is now lighter. It is said to deliver a greater boost with a shorter response time and with a more efficient way of charging the MGU-H.

With the reduction in engine usage this year, another focus has been on ensuring that the second specification power unit delivers a decent performance step, and can properly allow the team to take the fight to Mercedes.

Ferrari is eager to see how the current power unit stacks up against the new Mercedes specification, especially in terms of qualifying modes that decide the grid.

One issue of concern to the team, however, is the fact that the increased weight of 2018 cars, allied to more full-throttle time over a race lap this year, will lead to an increase in fuel consumption – something that could hold it back at tracks like Melbourne.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...-step-1016845/
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

"Silence is golden" should also apply to fans here that constantly talk bad about Kimi . He drives for Ferrari and has plenty of younger aggressive drivers finishing behind him! Lewis' off track life seems to be the main topic with some fans here. His WDCs and pole wins is what has him in his glory off track, who can deny him that happy feeling? Seb or Kimi need to replace him this season as the main F1 driver.

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    For spec 1 .
    From spec 2, thet expect a lot more !!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

how much is 10bhp translated into lap time gains (roughly)?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    how much is 10bhp translated into lap time gains (roughly)?
    Circuit dependent, but from 3 to 6 tenth on average.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    It also depends on weight....as we all know that for every 10 kg of fuel you lose roughly 3 tenths lap time, and these 2018 cars are a lot heavier due to stupid halo, but then again is the same for everyone

That is why teams thrive to save weight as much as possible everywhere on the car just for that reasn
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Niki Lauda seems to think we are behind Redbull. http://www.planetf1.com/news/lauda-m...comes-ferrari/

Niki Lauda reckons Ferrari are currently third in the pecking order ahead of the 2018 season opener in Melbourne this weekend.

Mercedes are the clear favourites to land a fifth consecutive World Constructors' Championship and even though Lauda does not pay too much attention to the odds, he does believe Mercedes are still ahead of the field.

More surprisingly, he thinks Red Bull are the nearest rivals to the Silver Arrows on the basis of pre-season testing.

"I am not a bookmaker and have no idea how they get their odds," Lauda told Kronen Zeitung newspaper.

"I see us a maximum of two tenths ahead, behind Red Bull. Then comes Ferrari."

Lauda also played down the complete lack of hypersoft running from Mercedes at winter testing, saying reliability was number one on the agenda.

"The hypersoft was never part of our programme," he added.

"Our main focus was reliability, because only three engines are allowed the whole season.

"Our preparation was better than in was in recent years so I can go to Australia with confidence. But I see ourselves with Red Bull and Ferrari on a similar level."

Niki is hallucinating, for all we know we could be the top team....time will tell my friend
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Sounds way to much

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Sounds way to much
    Take for example Spa franco champs, lenght (longest) and profile (power sensitive) of the circuit. Can add up easily to 6 tenth

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Niki is hallucinating, for all we know we could be the top team....time will tell my friend
    Yeah, I'm not reading into it too much. Would have not read too much even if he said we are the top team. Niki is just assuming, as is anyone who is outside Ferrari, what our car can do. Nobody really knows for sure what the order would be.

Thank god we are nearly at the start speculation has run riot for months now and will continue for the season thats f1 so lets get aussie race out of the way so all pudits can charge there speculation gun once more no body knows.