Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192031 ... LastLast

Thread: SF71H 2018 Contender

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    I reckon this would be copied by all teams very quickly.
    I dont think so, its a philosophy. You have to change the way the sidepods work. Also, you will need to redo the side impact testing to make sure the sidepods can handle a side crash. Its not easy to copy, I think.

Ya I agree. Looks like most teams have copied Ferrari's high air intakes and now Ferrari have moved the bar even higher. Nice to see other teams chasing us.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Ya I agree. Looks like most teams have copied Ferrari's high air intakes and now Ferrari have moved the bar even higher. Nice to see other teams chasing us.
    yup, about time we're the ones every team up and down the grid looks at and tries to copy our innovative solutions instead of the other way around.....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Grazie!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Gary Anderson cant tell an innovation even if he invented it. That guy has no idea.
    I was comparing the last years car to this year, we have a slimmer side pods, it will help the car create a lot of downforce and a lot less drag. Every mm in width you can reduce is less drag. The sidepods are a cm or two hugher than before, but its ok, as this is the place where the air is flowing higher due to the front wing. Our sidepods will help us to get better top end speed. Our car has slimmer rear end. Our car has a shorter wheelbase than Mercedes by about 3 or 4 cm. Our suspension system, will give us better mechanical grip, as the controll arms are angled more steeply, it also helps to direct the downforce toward the contact patch. The mercedes has less steep angles for the suspension, thats why they have problems in slower tracs like Monaco and Hungary. Our car has the most details. Our engineers put a lot of thought and you can see a lot of intricate details. Gary Anderson just a Hamilton fanboy and a Ferrari hater. He is just pulling for England.

Ha with the new software rule Mercedes and Ferrari need to supply the same software to the others so no more Q3 speed boost :).
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Holy cow. The yellow car is hideous.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    not only that, but they are in NEED of some sponsors....looks pretty naked the way it is
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    So.... how long before that mirror design gets banned?
    Your comparing this innovation to the 2010 ban???

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    not only that, but they are in NEED of some sponsors....looks pretty naked the way it is
    Our car looks pretty bare tbh..

Also our overalls are awful this year, they’re so bland, look like something supplied at your local karting track

The best looking car is Alfa Romeo saubef for me. But Ferrari look fastest

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post

Teams always bring to Australia a somewhat modified car in comparison to the presentation one(to hide their innovations as long as possible, so others dont copy it faster). Elsewhere I love the look, more red and less white is the way to go in my opinion, and it looks pretty tight and compact, which is always good.

Those side profile images make the barge-board and front of the side-pod areas look very intricate compared to the Merc and Mclaren, let's hope they work as expected. Although the dark colour on the Merc may be hiding some detail, ours still seems to be more elaborate.

This order is fine with me :)

https://instagram.com/p/Bfjm43LhwGz/

Is anyone else concerned about centre of gravity? Our concept is very tall and narrow...

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post

Is anyone else concerned about centre of gravity? Our concept is very tall and narrow...
    It is not a true picture. The camera angle are not the same. Plus, the front end height is set by rules and only the sidepods can be raised. The center of gravity depends on the the heavier gubins inside, it has a much more of an influence. outside appearance does not tell you about cg. Another thing, this is just the launch, not race setup! Narrow is good, less drag.

Quote Originally Posted by ferenc_k View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ferenc_k View Post

And this, I suppose...

Quote Originally Posted by DIEK View Post
    Lol....I like this order of the red flip flops leading the pack

DIEK, I know its not you, but I swear these guys when they do a side by side comparison they need to get the scale down right. Maybe its them "cutting and pasting" and then doing all the vertical bars for comparisons but the ACTUAL PICS from both cars are of different camera angles, distance, etc.

Look at that front wing (2018) vs. the front wing (2017)....there is no way that '18 car is 6 plus inches (sorry, stateside) LONGER than the '17 car which THEN throws those vertical lines off when making this comparison WHOMEVER the illustrator was.

I saw the one pic (center of gravity) with the 18 car and the W09 and that illustration (not saying its the guy who posted its fault) was a gross misrepresentation of both cars.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    DIEK, I know its not you, but I swear these guys when they do a side by side comparison they need to get the scale down right. Maybe its them "cutting and pasting" and then doing all the vertical bars for comparisons but the ACTUAL PICS from both cars are of different camera angles, distance, etc.

Look at that front wing (2018) vs. the front wing (2017)....there is no way that '18 car is 6 plus inches (sorry, stateside) LONGER than the '17 car which THEN throws those vertical lines off when making this comparison WHOMEVER the illustrator was.

I saw the one pic (center of gravity) with the 18 car and the W09 and that illustration (not saying its the guy who posted its fault) was a gross misrepresentation of both cars.
    You are absolutely right, they are comparisons made in a hurry by fans with the photos they have at the moment.

I leave this here, which seems a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post

It's funny you mention that cause I had the same impression when I saw it.... it looks like they wanted to have a tighter coke bottle thus the compromise....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Love the fact that we had the SF70 rear wing on this release car and also no pictures have been released about our rear and diffuser so my guess is that they have found something here as well.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by DIEK View Post
    You are absolutely right, they are comparisons made in a hurry by fans with the photos they have at the moment.

I leave this here, which seems a little better.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWuUsflW4AA7azN.jpg
    Okay, here's another one. Look how far back the wheel is in the MCL33 vs. the SF71-H along with cockpit and sidepods. Compare this pic to the one you posted in post #159 which IMO all three cars were in the same distance....look at how in that pic (post #159) sorta lines up with all 3 competitors.....more so with the SF70-H vs. the MCL33 where the MCL33 wheels are NOT that far back from the SF70-H ....the W09 has more front wheel patch showing which looks like one of the those 360 degree pics where the center of the pic is up in your face and the ends of the pics move away from you.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    I reckon this would be copied by all teams very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    They can copy it, however not all teams have the top hole in the sidepod, 1 of the main reasons for the Ferrari wirrors is to,redirect air into the top opening sidepod hole.
    correct....2019 is when it will be copied

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Well it does act as a aero device so who knows.....the FIA may send ferrari a “love” letter asking them kindly to have them replaced with more conventional ones by the time we get to OZ.....we,ll see, only time will tell
    No it does not. It is re-directing air as a cooling device. What happened in 2010 with the F60 was they used the side-pods aero and mounted mirrors on them. So the FIA banned this.

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    I dont think so, its a philosophy. You have to change the way the sidepods work. Also, you will need to redo the side impact testing to make sure the sidepods can handle a side crash. Its not easy to copy, I think.
    correct....2019

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    yep

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    It is not a true picture. The camera angle are not the same. Plus, the front end height is set by rules and only the sidepods can be raised. The center of gravity depends on the the heavier gubins inside, it has a much more of an influence. outside appearance does not tell you about cg. Another thing, this is just the launch, not race setup! Narrow is good, less drag.
    correct