Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202132 ... LastLast

Thread: SF71H 2018 Contender

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Love the fact that we had the SF70 rear wing on this release car and also no pictures have been released about our rear and diffuser so my guess is that they have found something here as well.
    When these cars hit the track at Catalunya, there are going to be tons of pictures...I mean tons of pics....of every nook and cranny on these cars. They(illustrators) will do comparo pics of this diffuser vs that one, this bargeboard vs that one and so on and so forth.

It's amazing what these guys (photo journos) do only to know that this will get changed again and again and again.....It's mind-boggling.

Kimi and squad in a private jet heading off to Barcelona...today

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DW0dAruW0AI96dT.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Okay, here's another one. Look how far back the wheel is in the MCL33 vs. the SF71-H along with cockpit and sidepods. Compare this pic to the one you posted in post #159 which IMO all three cars were in the same distance....look at how in that pic (post #159) sorta lines up with all 3 competitors.....more so with the SF70-H vs. the MCL33 where the MCL33 wheels are NOT that far back from the SF70-H ....the W09 has more front wheel patch showing which looks like one of the those 360 degree pics where the center of the pic is up in your face and the ends of the pics move away from you.
    I think these interactive comparatives vs the old cars are much better, not perfect, but better: (spanish)

Ferrari SF70H vs SF71H

McLaren MCL33 vs MCL32

Redbull RB14 vs RB13

Renault RS17 vs RS18

Sauber C36 vs C37

Williams FW40 vs FW41

Shark teeth in the shark-mouth s-duct inlet!!!
    Attachment 7376
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

This Ferrari sf71-h have so many secrets

Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    This Ferrari sf71-h have so many secrets
    and these are ONLY what we can see.....who knows what other secretes lie underneath the covers.....
    i knows it's still early, but i have a good vibe about this sf71-h
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I surely do hope he is going to overachieve it by far!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    It's funny you mention that cause I had the same impression when I saw it.... it looks like they wanted to have a tighter coke bottle thus the compromise....
    Agree. The illustration I posted (not of my own creation) was only to demonstrate the difference in philosophy, of course the angles are different! However, it is unavoidable to notice that the Mercedes IS lower and flatter while our concept IS taller and more slender. Look at a front on shot of either car and it’s sidepods. I’m not saying it’s bad, I don’t know. I was just putting it out there with respect to the halo already adding 7-12kg (?) of weight high up on the car.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Agree. The illustration I posted (not of my own creation) was only to demonstrate the difference in philosophy, of course the angles are different! However, it is unavoidable to notice that the Mercedes IS lower and flatter while our concept IS taller and more slender. Look at a front on shot of either car and it’s sidepods. I’m not saying it’s bad, I don’t know. I was just putting it out there with respect to the halo already adding 7-12kg (?) of weight high up on the car.
    Okay, your right. Mercedes sidepods have been lower than Ferrari's which are higher but most of the teams have adopted the higher sidepod platform (Ferrari's) for 2018. I believe Mclaren has NOT adopted this (lower) and one other team(Mercedes). This all has to do with the front suspension of both cars as well due to the airflow cascading over the front suspension. Ferrari's front suspension is higher than the Merc's....so a higher center of gravity for Ferrari.....BUT Ferrari got this platform right in 2017 so 2018 is an evolution of this platform.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/125...-cars-analysed

Okay, your right. Mercedes sidepods have been lower than Ferrari's which are higher but most of the teams have adopted the higher sidepod platform (Ferrari's) for 2018. I believe Mclaren has NOT adopted this (lower) and one other team(Mercedes). This all has to do with the front suspension of both cars as well due to the airflow cascading over the front suspension. Ferrari's front suspension is higher than the Merc's....so a higher center of gravity for Ferrari.....BUT Ferrari got this platform right in 2017 so 2018 is an evolution of this platform.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/125...-cars-analysed
    Yep agree! Obviously it’s a trade off they’re comfortable with, and they know what they’re doing. It will be interesting to see as the season unfolds which philosophy is the better one.

Redbull did go for a Ferrari style inlet, but their sidepod isn’t undercut around the coke bottle, but just goes directly from the sidepod to the floor (convex as oppose to concave). So again, the mass appears at least higher on the Ferrari than the others. The Haas and Williams who have both copied the idea seem to have a sort of hybrid where the crash structure is lowered and the inlets cut in half, as oppose to Ferrari who just has the entire inlet above the crash structure.

Also just out of curiosity - last year our philosophy was all about the “mid wing” but with this years evolution, the “wing” aspect of it doesn’t seem to play a role at all? There isn’t the massive, curved panel and heavily angled undercut we had last season... were we wrong all along?

Ps. I wonder if/how different our car will look during the shakedown compared to launch/studio pictures. We should be able to glean a little more detail on the floor, for example. How exciting!

Also just out of curiosity - last year our philosophy was all about the “mid wing” but with this years evolution, the “wing” aspect of it doesn’t seem to play a role at all? There isn’t the massive, curved panel and heavily angled undercut we had last season... were we wrong all along?
    hold off on this. We could see its return....track contigent as was the case at various GP's.

Ps. I wonder if/how different our car will look during the shakedown compared to launch/studio pictures. We should be able to glean a little more detail on the floor, for example. How exciting!
    yep...and Melbourne. Anyone notice the monkey seat area on these cars, that area has evolved as well since there are no T-Wings for this year. Mercedes had a little t-wing in the monkey seat area. I expect others will evolve in this area as the season goes.

That frontal view of the SF71-H hi-lights just how slim its frontal area is at the cooling intakes: there's a noticeable frontal view gap between the inners of the tyres and the outer extremes of the cooling intake bodywork. This compares very favourably to the SF70-H, where the bodywork outer extreme goes all the way out to the tyre inside lines! Just goes to show how much room for improvement there was with last year's excellent car, and this year's should see a favourable gain in both reduced drag/higher top speeds and increased rear downforce. Well, fingers crossed! :)

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    That frontal view of the SF71-H hi-lights just how slim its frontal area is at the cooling intakes: there's a noticeable frontal view gap between the inners of the tyres and the outer extremes of the cooling intake bodywork. This compares very favourably to the SF70-H, where the bodywork outer extreme goes all the way out to the tyre inside lines! Just goes to show how much room for improvement there was with last year's excellent car, and this year's should see a favourable gain in both reduced drag/higher top speeds and increased rear downforce. Well, fingers crossed! :)
    I'm also interested in the "hole" behind the bargeboard area on the floor......must be a cooling duct or airflow duct...it's a mystery but I have never seen that before in these hybrid era cars......another innovation; I wonder if Rory Byrne had anything to do with these innovations i.e. top side pod inlets, mirrors that direct air flow, the hole behind the bargeboard area on the floor, and possibly more to follow.

Are we doing a 'filming day' today?

It's good to shake the car down today and do installation laps so we have 1 day to resolve any issues, we don't want issues tomorrow as we need to get a lot of mileage under our belt.

Any word on this shakedown?! It’s gotta be 10am in Barca already, I would have at least expected a few spy shots. Nothing!

nothing on the shakedown time

I just rewatched the “stickering” video for about the 10th time because I’m so desperate for F1/Ferrari content. This car definitely looks better on video than in the studio shots we’ve had so far. I think she’ll look beautiful out on track, too! Can’t waaaaiiiiiit

The SF71H revealed

The SF71H revealed

Video details:
    Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1920x1080 25fps 836kbps [V: h264 high L4.0, yuv420p, 1920x1080, 836 kb/s]
    Audio: AAC 44100Hz stereo 125kbps [A: SoundHandler (aac lc, 44100 Hz, stereo, 125 kb/s)]

Last edited by ForzaFerrariGo!; 3rd March 2018 at 07:16.

Scuderia Ferrari, la Scuderia più vincente nella storia della Formula 1.
    16 Titoli Costruttori & 15 Titoli Piloti.

Any idea who drove during the shakedown?

I like it! She sounds angry!!

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Any idea who drove during the shakedown?
    Kimi

What a car

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Very nice! Is it possible to get this photo without the dppi logo?
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Looks like a winner