Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 81920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Barcelona Testing 2018

becuase he was sick in the morning and Vettel took over. In total, Ferrari have managed to do about 110 or so laps so far today

You cant reason with fools they just drag you down to there level and beat you with there experiance just chill out and let this forum flow respect ladies and gentlemen and except the situation as it presents no amount of negativity or disrespect between members counts it only falls on deaf ears at ferrari as much as you would like otherwise.

The Renault far has done 188 laps,today, is that a record

Red Flag. leclerc in the gravel so seems the day is over

I think we will start seeing Ferrari increase the speed tomorrow n the final 2 days with each driver looking at performance

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    I think we will start seeing Ferrari increase the speed tomorrow n the final 2 days with each driver looking at performance
    we can only hope....unless they throw flow viz paint on again
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

They are all heading out again... bit late isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    They are all heading out again... bit late isn't it?
    They are doing practice starts

Niki Lauda: "We can‘t really evaluate Ferrari, it’s difficult because they are running a different program."

Ferrari confused mercedes

Quote Originally Posted by coshida View Post
    Niki Lauda: "We can‘t really evaluate Ferrari, it’s difficult because they are running a different program."

Ferrari confused mercedes
    I hope it was intentional!! Take a chill pill, ragazzi, let's not have the doom and gloom just yet, the times today didn't look good against Merc and RB, but tomorrow is another day...we were on top yesterday and we all know how quickly things change.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-89 View Post
    I don't think my post was really in reference to that kind of discussion, very much the negativity that tends to follow this forum, it's quite tiresome and I tend to stay away as it's just not an enjoyable environment for discussion. It also tends to be the same individuals clogging up threads and stifling the interesting and open discussions that were otherwise happening.
    Yea, here is a thing, Ferrari has not won Championship for 11 years. Ferrari is Barcelona/Real of F1, most trophies and biggest pedigree. Ferrari is not Arsenal, and even Arsenal fans are getting negative after more then a decade without winning PL.

I'm not negative, just realistic. Either we are starting to massively sandbag with this year, or we are just comfortably down on Merc.

final laps...............and times test 2 day 2

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXs36PoX4AI6CYS.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ss-89 View Post
    I don't think my post was really in reference to that kind of discussion, very much the negativity that tends to follow this forum, it's quite tiresome and I tend to stay away as it's just not an enjoyable environment for discussion. It also tends to be the same individuals clogging up threads and stifling the interesting and open discussions that were otherwise happening.
    Agreed, doom and gloom seems rife now and very little debating or interesting topics. I personally think the forum is coming to it's end as it's so far away from what it used to be.
    Forza Ferrari

Too much doom and gloom, I hope i’m never on a cruise ship with any of them. If a bit of water gets onto the deck the ship is sinking.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Yea, here is a thing, Ferrari has not won Championship for 11 years. Ferrari is Barcelona/Real of F1, most trophies and biggest pedigree. Ferrari is not Arsenal, and even Arsenal fans are getting negative after more then a decade without winning PL.

I'm not negative, just realistic. Either we are starting to massively sandbag with this year, or we are just comfortably down on Merc.
    We can be realistic after the first race where all the cars are run in anger and not doing different programmes. It’s difficult to gauge performance levels as the quali lap is predictd to be mid 16’s or low 17’s. All teams are still miles away from that so when the teams reveal their hands we will all find out.

Does anyone really think Toro Rosso is 0.3secs slower then the Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Agreed, doom and gloom seems rife now and very little debating or interesting topics. I personally think the forum is coming to it's end as it's so far away from what it used to be.
    Just wait, when Ferrari will win the title once again. It was too long ago and even though the passion still persist, it has faded away a bit with not only the success our team is not having, but also with the state F1 is these days. Something is missing in this sport and the excitement I used to feel 2008 or 2010 is not there anymore and I don't know why... I have my theory, but I can not prove it to be right. Do you remember when the race was starting, the brutal sound of the V8's or V10's reving near 20 000 rpm's, giving you a sense of urgency even before the lights went off... The danger you have felt every time some driver was pushing, because every mistake would mean he would have been in the gravel? I don't know, if I'm alone in this, but I feel the sport is becoming too sterile, too... ordinary. I would love to see something out of this world. Sound, which would make my hair stand, super dificult tracks with angulations, grass and gravel around the track, cars, which look like they want to kill the other cars... What do we have now? Sound which is not too different from any other racing series, tracks which are more of an airport instead of a racetrack (super wide stop and go, with lines defining the route and instead of grass another layer of asphalt), cars which look better than few years back, but still way too clumsy and not agile enoug looking... I think the word I am looking for is "heavy"? Also the Mecredes dominance is not fun either.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...-kopf-an-kopf/

- 3 top teams close
    - RBR and Merc really close
    - Ferrari behind RB

"The body language of the Ferrari employees did not suggest that all problems had been solved. Team boss Maurizio Arrivabene ran around the paddock face-to-face as if he had a confession with President Sergio Marchionne"

Eh...If we are behind RB with our own engine, who can blame Sergio Marchionne?

- 3 top teams close
    - Ferrari behind RB

"The body language of the Ferrari employees did not suggest that all problems had been solved. Team boss Maurizio Arrivabene ran around the paddock face-to-face as if he had a confession with President Sergio Marchionne"

https://imgr2.auto-motor-und-sport.d...4e-1151644.jpg

If its true, than what Toto has said about the data showing that RB is more of a threat to them than Ferrari or whatever might be true as well. I just can't imagine Ferrari engine worse than Renault, maybe on par but not worse. I fear its the chassis that has issues
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

- 3 top teams close
    - Ferrari behind RB

Rumors tend to be true, I hope not in this case. My question is; if the package/chassis was so good last year, why did they move away from it? They redesigned the sidepods which many have copied this year. The longer wheel base etc. I am not an engineer, but I thought our 2017 car only needed more HP, reliablity and minor tweaks to be competitive.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Just wait, when Ferrari will win the title once again. It was too long ago and even though the passion still persist, it has faded away a bit with not only the success our team is not having, but also with the state F1 is these days. Something is missing in this sport and the excitement I used to feel 2008 or 2010 is not there anymore and I don't know why... I have my theory, but I can not prove it to be right. Do you remember when the race was starting, the brutal sound of the V8's or V10's reving near 20 000 rpm's, giving you a sense of urgency even before the lights went off... The danger you have felt every time some driver was pushing, because every mistake would mean he would have been in the gravel? I don't know, if I'm alone in this, but I feel the sport is becoming too sterile, too... ordinary. I would love to see something out of this world. Sound, which would make my hair stand, super dificult tracks with angulations, grass and gravel around the track, cars, which look like they want to kill the other cars... What do we have now? Sound which is not too different from any other racing series, tracks which are more of an airport instead of a racetrack (super wide stop and go, with lines defining the route and instead of grass another layer of asphalt), cars which look better than few years back, but still way too clumsy and not agile enoug looking... I think the word I am looking for is "heavy"? Also the Mecredes dominance is not fun either.
    and getting rid of grid girls to make the sport more 'politically correct', just sums it all up really.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Rumors tend to be true, I hope not in this case. My question is; if the package/chassis was so good last year, why did they move away from it? They redesigned the sidepods which many have copied this year. The longer wheel base etc. I am not an engineer, but I thought our 2017 car only needed more HP, reliablity and minor tweaks to be competitive.
    Personally I think last years car was packaged more aggressively relative to competition then this years car. If you look at Merc and RB, they both went far and beyond in coke bottle area as well as front suspension. Ferrari coke bottle area doesn't look tighter actually, even though car is longer. I'm not sure but it seems RB and Merc gained more on chassis side then us and therefore we are continuing where we left of in end of 2017, with additional few tenths off.

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Too much doom and gloom, I hope i’m never on a cruise ship with any of them. If a bit of water gets onto the deck the ship is sinking.

- 3 top teams close
    - Ferrari behind RB

"It's very close between Ferrari, Red Bull and us. Right now it looks like a head-to-head race between Red Bull and us. From Ferrari, we have not yet become very smart. If Wednesday was the last word, then they hang back a little. "

He only say that we are unknown. Only if we have the data till now you can say that we are a bit behind.BUT we are on a different program
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Lets hope we haven’t seen the real power of the sf71h yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Some goods point here

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    and getting rid of grid girls to make the sport more 'politically correct', just sums it all up really.
    That was way beyond stupidity!!!!

Shall I open the 2018 Sack 'm all thread again?

Lets start on 2019 guys as 2018 is fubar again!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Shall I open the 2018 Sack 'm all thread again?

Lets start on 2019 guys as 2018 is fubar again!
    It would be a shame as I thought team went very aggressive in 2017 and they would continue with it, but alas...we lenghtened the car yet RB and Merc, that stayed the same, packaged theirs ever tighter then last year while we are therbouts with longer car. They both have new suspension and we have conventional. Not saying we will be bad, but at top these small differences make all the difference.

Dp
    Last edited by darkchild; 7th March 2018 at 19:29. Reason: Dp