Page 39 of 57 FirstFirst ... 142526272829303132333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1705

Thread: Barcelona Testing 2018

Woe is us
    Heads need to roll
    Lets give up on 18 and start development on the 19 car
    It's all [/insert name of your favorite Ferrari villain here]'s fault

there is a rumor going around the paddock that ferrari has waned HASS that they are to quick for this part of testing

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    there is a rumor going around the paddock that ferrari has waned HASS that they are to quick for this part of testing
    Source?

Ferrari.jpg

This car is well packed at the rear

Meaning???
    We are hiding our true performance and it has to do with the pu so we dont whant to show it with haas going fast???!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Meaning???
    We are hiding our true performance and it has to do with the pu so we dont whant to show it with haas going fast???!!
    That was very obvious couple with the team keeping mum while the english media speculate

I believe the Haas time is more relevant b/c it speaks to the potential power of the Ferrari engine.

That said glory runs on low fuel (If that is what it was) don't mean much unless I missed a change to the rules and cars don't qualify w/ full tanks anymore.

I do however like that I see Ferrari engines high in the speed trap figures b/c more power on the straights means the car will be better at passing cars like the Force India and they have been a pain to get around, especially for Kimi.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Source?
    i found it on other f1 forums, and all said the same word for word, i dont know i would lik this to be the truth

[QUOTE=ScuderiaBuckeye;964933]That said glory runs on low fuel (If that is what it was) don't mean much unless I missed a change to the rules and cars don't qualify w/ full tanks anymore./QUOTE]

Cars don’t qualify with full fuel anymore. I don’t believe they have since the refuelling days. So if it was a low-fuel qualifying sim then it is useful in understanding their ultimate qualifying pace...

[QUOTE=JPBD;964935]
    Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post
    That said glory runs on low fuel (If that is what it was) don't mean much unless I missed a change to the rules and cars don't qualify w/ full tanks anymore./QUOTE]

Cars don’t qualify with full fuel anymore. I don’t believe they have since the refuelling days. So if it was a low-fuel qualifying sim then it is useful in understanding their ultimate qualifying pace...
    Good deal...glory runs away then!

Apparently vettels doing a race sim just now

100 laps for Seb

Great, innovation again is with us, this team makes us proud. We are sandbagging as 2017 tests, that feels so good !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

From Autosport:

The Ferrari was pretty consistent through Turn 3 on its recent laps. Didn't look quite as sure footed as the Red Bull and the direction changes out of 2 and into 3 were sometimes slightly uncertain. But as Vettel settled into the run, became much more planted.
    Interestingly, the Ferrari seems to be bottoming out a lot in Turn 3.

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    From Autosport:
    What does bottoming out mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Otakukim View Post
    What does bottoming out mean?
    hitting the road with the bottom of thr car

AMUS says our second stint is equal to Bottas first. Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Now that im thinking it a bit more, this 1:17:1 doesnt looks so impressive.And the reason is K Mags 1:18:3 on ss.And he did a better one on the next one but he didnt finish it and enter the pits.So he could go even faster on ss.O us and hs?? We can assume that he could enter in the mid 1:17s. So the 1:17:1 is not so impressive in full qualy sim. The question is how much more did Seb had ???!!!!
    Sure he has a lot more in the pocket, that time from the haas can also be interpreted as haas being quicker than the red bull (considering red bull's fastest time yesterday was that and it was on the hypersoft which is a second quicker) which we know is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    From Autosport:
    Higher fuel loads?

Quote Originally Posted by icedeepan View Post
    Higher fuel loads?
    the times are not comparable to what Bottas did. Used supersofts on full tanks (so simulating actual race on tyres that have done q3) vs fresh (I assume) mediums is not comparable.

the only thing you can really compare is their middle stints

I wonder how Gary Anderson will rank the teams today. If we lucky we might be fourth fastest team still or obertaken by another team.(this is all sarcasm by the way)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    well you said yourself you see Merc ahead of us, post #631.
    Yes but it's not the end of the world... Also, Mercedes is the favourite simply because they won last year. Besides it's a sport that none of us have any influence over.
    Last edited by Tony; 8th March 2018 at 13:33.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

what's the delta between the tyres? Hard to Medium, Medium to Soft, Soft to SuperSoft etc.. does anyone have Pirelli figures? Hamilton is doing low 1.20 with the hard compound, which seems quite quick.

Quote Originally Posted by scudieros View Post
    what's the delta between the tyres? Hard to Medium, Medium to Soft, Soft to SuperSoft etc.. does anyone have Pirelli figures? Hamilton is doing low 1.20 with the hard compound, which seems quite quick.
    Imremember Ted saying 0.6 between medium to soft and 0.2 for every step after that I think in y'day notebook

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Imremember Ted saying 0.6 between medium to soft and 0.2 for every step after that I think in y'day notebook
    Yeah I heard that too, but was wondering if there was a more official number from Pirelli. A handy table would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by icedeepan View Post
    Sure he has a lot more in the pocket, that time from the haas can also be interpreted as haas being quicker than the red bull (considering red bull's fastest time yesterday was that and it was on the hypersoft which is a second quicker) which we know is not the case.
    actually Ted Kravitz pointed out that the gap between tyre compounds is not same and as big as it was before. The biggest time difference is between mediums and softs and that is 0.6 seconds and then from softs to super softs and ultra softs and hyper softs it is more like 0.2 seconds. So it is more difficult to judge the performance based only on tyre compounds

2 and a half hours for Vettel, lets beat our lap count from day 1

Quote Originally Posted by scudieros View Post
    Yeah I heard that too, but was wondering if there was a more official number from Pirelli. A handy table would be nice
    Don't think they know themselves until the cars have been driven in anger as real life and simulations sometimes are miles apart.
    They might have a figures simulations which I think Ted must have quoted.