Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1705

Thread: Barcelona Testing 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Marco64 View Post
    Agreed - you don't just suddenly find a second unless you have plenty in reserve.

Also, running a look down the long run times it looks like we were a tenth or two a lap faster on average compared to Verstappen. So how can anyone make out that we are behind Red Bull?
    You have to look at the fuel and laps done. Max had a lot of laps before his first stop. Vettel had a SS stint, which was about 12 laps, then changed to Mediums. So, after his stop, he had similar pace to Mercedes, but, mercedes tiers were older, and still, even with new tiers, Seb could barely keep up with the Bottas, and Hamilton was even faster.
    So, we have a lot of work to do. Also, Toto is such a fake, he says Red Bull is their closest rival, Red Bull is almost .4 or .5 behind, maybe more. If Ferrari cannot solve the car problem, then, its another Mercedes walkover. And this is not talking our of thin air, I came to this conclusion from looking at the data, lap times, race simulations, the car behavior. I hope, really hope Ferrari understands their car before Melbourne.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco64 View Post
    Agreed - you don't just suddenly find a second unless you have plenty in reserve.

Also, running a look down the long run times it looks like we were a tenth or two a lap faster on average compared to Verstappen. So how can anyone make out that we are behind Red Bull?
    I've been doing a bit of number crunching on the long runs. Vettel did an extra two laps so I discounted the last two. Any lap times set in traffic I substituted with an average of the laps before and after.

Vettel average lap time (adjusted): 1m 21.96s

Verstappen average lap time (adjusted): 1m 22.24s

Bear in mind it could be argued I should have discounted the first two laps of Vettel's run as he presumably he would have had two more laps of fuel to start with but even as it is this run was 0.25s quicker per lap.

OMG you suicidal freaks! Go shoot yourselves and don't post anymore cuz it's really frustrating...

We're doomed! OMG we're doomed! Girls...
    Ferrari per sempre !

Quote Originally Posted by SashAlex View Post
    OMG you suicidal freaks! Go shoot yourselves and don't post anymore cuz it's really frustrating...

We're doomed! OMG we're doomed! Girls...
    We are fans, not freaks, we live and breathe Ferrari, and we bleed red, well, we all do, but especially us, its redderrerr, more red than normal.
    Its not doom and gloom, we are just talking about data from the track, nothing else. We want to know, and analyze. So, we know what to expect.

Best times, tyre compounds colored box) & number of laps of ALL 7 DAYS.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXzN2F3XUAIAEtU.jpg

Day 7 total kilometers by team

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXy_GezXUAE5Cyb.jpg

Speed traps (for those that rely on this)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXynb-dW4AEAOmp.jpg

Test Barcelona - Sebastian “in race mode”

On his last day of testing, Vettel completes a trouble-free GP simulation

Montmelò, 8 March –Winter testing has now ended for Seb Vettel. The next time he meets up with the SF71H will be in Melbourne, for free practice at the Australian Grand Prix. The final day of testing for the German champion was given over to a programme that included set-up and tyre evaluation with different fuel loads, the classic race weekend simulation that signs off winter testing for every driver. By the end of the day, Seb had completed no fewer than 188 laps (equivalent to over 875 kilometres,) in all conditions, including a false start test, with other cars on track. His best lap was a 1’17”182, set on the new Hypersoft tyres that are making their debut this season.

“The times on these test days don’t mean much,” repeated Sebastian. “The important thing is that the SF71H has proved to be very strong, allowing us to run all day without any significant problems. We are still working on some things for the first race and it’s not really possible to make any predictions based on the performance of the other teams, because everyone is running a different programme. However, I’m happy for the guys in the team.”

It was cloudy and chilly this morning at the Catalunya circuit and then a bit milder in the afternoon, with an average temperature of 15 degrees (28 track temperature) with a few gusts of wind. Tomorrow, Kimi Raikkonen will round off testing with a similar programme to his team-mate.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Anyone please?

I think they gave Gary Anderson the day off because day by day he just confirms he does not know what he is talking about.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/feature...from-trackside

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Oh come one guys, that german article (auto-motor und sport) is a big joke. And if they say that Red Bull is 0,3 behind Mercedes, Ferrari close behind RBR and only 0,1 in front of Haas...so Haas would only be 0,5-0,6 behind Mercedes, that would make Haas one of the biggest car developer of all time. Hahahha. But Haas is a copy of our car, we should be about 1 second infront of haas with ease like last year, soo that means we are 0,4 ahead of the mercedes.
    Come Australia we will prevail, its our year.
    Forza lets do this.
    If Haas is copy of Ferrari's car, how should Ferrari be half asecond in front of Haas????????

Quote Originally Posted by Majki2111 View Post
    If Haas is copy of Ferrari's car, how should Ferrari be half asecond in front of Haas????????
    Omg ... really ?????!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    unless he CUT the corner....
    If it was so, the lap time would have been deleted.

Wow this is getting crazy. We had a good car last year! you think they scrapped it all and wiped the table clean and said lets start all over again? NO!! Everyone relax we are good. RB will push their PU's hard and take penalties which they seem to be good with but you can't predict when a connecting rod or piston fails it just goes pop. How do you Know Ferrari hasn't set the engine in a setting and ran their entire program in that setting with certain fuel loads and then calculate the difference. They do this everyday in the wind tunnel with small version of the car plus they do race sims on the dyno all day and night. Buy this time last year there was more rumors flying around. And there is always some truth to them but this year it's quiet that's why guys are getting worried. we will find out in 17 days or so depending where you live.

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    You have to look at the fuel and laps done. Max had a lot of laps before his first stop. Vettel had a SS stint, which was about 12 laps, then changed to Mediums. So, after his stop, he had similar pace to Mercedes, but, mercedes tiers were older, and still, even with new tiers, Seb could barely keep up with the Bottas, and Hamilton was even faster.
    So, we have a lot of work to do. Also, Toto is such a fake, he says Red Bull is their closest rival, Red Bull is almost .4 or .5 behind, maybe more. If Ferrari cannot solve the car problem, then, its another Mercedes walkover. And this is not talking our of thin air, I came to this conclusion from looking at the data, lap times, race simulations, the car behavior. I hope, really hope Ferrari understands their car before Melbourne.
    Do we have information that says he was trying to chase Mercedes times?

I read Its according to the Gps data from renault and i guess mercedes that show Ferrari's issues is mainly cornering where sandbagging wouldn't affect it. All the problems have to do with time lost in corners. Lauda things Ferrari is lagging behind Merc and Rb too. That's probably how redbull jumped ahead as they have the smaller wheelbase and the best chassis according to Helmut most likely matching Mercs in corners.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

I strongly believe we have a fast car. Either on par or ahead of Mercs and RB... Forget all the those experts who are trying to predict based on what they see on track. I also believe that going for a long wheelbase will give our guys more room for aero development which is crucial if we are going to challenge on fast circuits, so much to look for..Cheers!

Seb vettels word about our car. Should we be worried ?

http://www.planetf1.com/news/vettel-...ng-conclusion/

Driver line-up March 9th

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DX1II6hWkAAMqTb.jpg

#F1Testing Weather at 8.50h: ☀️
    �� 87% (humidity)
    �� 7.3C (track 22.2C⬆️⬆️)
    �� NW 0.1 (wind)

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Driver line-up March 9th

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DX1II6hWkAAMqTb.jpg

#F1Testing Weather at 8.50h: ☀️
    💧 87% (humidity)
    🌡 7.3C (track 22.2C⬆️⬆️)
    🌬 NW 0.1 (wind)
    hoping kimi doesn't sit in the garage most of the day, need to get a fix on the stuff seb said they not sure about yet and cornering
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    hoping kimi doesn't sit in the garage most of the day, need to get a fix on the stuff seb said they not sure about yet and cornering
    depends on how he is feeling. Would like to see some monster laps, good times (sub 1:18's or sub 1:17's). He's out early so that's a good sign.

depends on how he is feeling. Would like to see some monster laps, good times (sub 1:18's or sub 1:17's). He's out early so that's a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by phsyklone View Post

yes

I think seb means it's only testing every team has a few minor issues especially with the lack of mileage in the first week don't make any conclusions

It does sound less confident than last year, and it seems to be supported in the media. I am a little concerned, but cautiously optimistic. He could have been saying “don’t draw the wrong conclusions” in the sense that it wasn’t a quali run it was just a test on HS tyres? Who knows. Only time will tell.

Decent times in long runs are all I am hoping for. Kimi's lost a fair amount of testing time so I imagine he'll be working mostly on his race sims and car familiarity. Expect Merc to be wanting to top the time sheets today.

Reads like a standard testing statement to me.

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    Good times are all I am hoping for. Kimi's lost a fair amount of testing time so I imagine he'll be working mostly on his race sims and car familiarity. Expect Merc to be wanting to top the time sheets today.
    He will be doing the same as Seb yesterday, so fast laps and a race sim.

The Haas this year is basically the Ferrari of last year with this year's engine and gearbox. It is doing rather well on the timesheets, which is a good omen for Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    Good times are all I am hoping for. Kimi's lost a fair amount of testing time so I imagine he'll be working mostly on his race sims and car familiarity. Expect Merc to be wanting to top the time sheets today.
    That is what I'm expecting.....see what time they post....sub 1:16's????

That is what I'm expecting.....see what time they post....sub 1:16's????
    Nope. Merc havn't brought any hypersofts to this test.