Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1705

Thread: Barcelona Testing 2018

Quote Originally Posted by rakman View Post
    Guys Do You really think that we are 2sec off the pace, based on kimi's race sim, even in 2014 we werent that far...
    No

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    I dont think its a rubbish car, I think they have not understood the car, its complicated with the long wheelbase.
    You can go down the wrong path and no matter how good your last years car is, if you change a lot, then, it can go wrong. We will see. Its frustrating, but we will see.
    +1

I have to agree with this. My worry also is that the long wheelbase might cause us some problems. But hopefully we are both wrong and it's like these other guys say, we are sandbagging like hell...

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Pressures are set by Pirelli,
    maybe they will find a sneaky way round that.

Kimi's doing 1.20s on Mediums, Bottas did 1.19.4

1.18.825 for bottas now

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Why vitalo does not work for ferrari or mercedes f1 is unbelivable such a wasted talent.
    Ferrari yes Mercedes never The irony is part of my day to day role is process improvement

Is merc only good at mediums ? They seem to base their testing primarily on them. I hope they struggle on others.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Is merc only good at mediums ? They seem to base their testing primarily on them. I hope they struggle on others.
    Mercedes did first week of 2016 testing entirely on mediums, they are still perfectly fine at running the other tyres. Perhaps the advantage on softer tyres may not scale as much as it does with Ferrari but they are still fine.

I translated this from https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/te...ppure-1012771/ :

"In the Barcelona paddock, on the day Ferrari showed its claws, there are growing voices that Red Bull are the main challengers to Mercedes. Sebastian completed 186 laps without problems. The second best time of the Haas is the one that is feeding the…

We are at a paradox: Ferrari sets the fastest time on the third day of the Barcelona test before the lunch break and then Sebatian Vettel applies himself to the first race simulation in the early afternoon, begun almost at the same time as Verstappens Red Bull and proving to be faster than the RB14.

In the first direct comparison with the ‘drinks company’ the Ferrari was able to maintain a more consistent pace on the medium tyres while the Dutchman from a certain point onwards in the stint was losing around half a second to the Germans SF71H, Having lost time lapping Sergio Perez, Max was no longer able to find the earlier pace. Even at the end of the race simulation, Verstappen had raised his pace to a 1’22” while the four time champion finished with a 1’19”7.

And yet in the paddock they are making the Mercedes the clear favourites, closely followed by the Red Bull, with Ferrari even relegated to third. The team from Brackley has shown no interest in lap times just like the Red Bull and Ferrari has not tried a low fuel run, fitting the Hypersoft tyres (softest available from Pirelli) to make a rather long run in which Vettel improved repeatedly.
    And the time of 1’17”182 was achieved without the German recording the three best intermediates, leaving the clear sensation that Ferrari also do not want to show their cards before Melbourne."

From what I've seen of Italian press reports they don't hold back if they think Ferrari are underperforming so this is pretty positive in my view. They cannot understand why anyone would think that we're even behind Red Bull and neither can I given what we know to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco64 View Post

"In the Barcelona paddock, on the day Ferrari showed its claws, there are growing voices that Red Bull are the main challengers to Mercedes. Sebastian completed 186 laps without problems. The second best time of the Haas is the one that is feeding the…

We are at a paradox: Ferrari sets the fastest time on the third day of the Barcelona test before the lunch break and then Sebatian Vettel applies himself to the first race simulation in the early afternoon, begun almost at the same time as Verstappens Red Bull and proving to be faster than the RB14.

In the first direct comparison with the ‘drinks company’ the Ferrari was able to maintain a more consistent pace on the medium tyres while the Dutchman from a certain point onwards in the stint was losing around half a second to the Germans SF71H, Having lost time lapping Sergio Perez, Max was no longer able to find the earlier pace. Even at the end of the race simulation, Verstappen had raised his pace to a 1’22” while the four time champion finished with a 1’19”7.

And yet in the paddock they are making the Mercedes the clear favourites, closely followed by the Red Bull, with Ferrari even relegated to third. The team from Brackley has shown no interest in lap times just like the Red Bull and Ferrari has not tried a low fuel run, fitting the Hypersoft tyres (softest available from Pirelli) to make a rather long run in which Vettel improved repeatedly.
    And the time of 1’17”182 was achieved without the German recording the three best intermediates, leaving the clear sensation that Ferrari also do not want to show their cards before Melbourne."

From what I've seen of Italian press reports they don't hold back if they think Ferrari are underperforming so this is pretty positive in my view. They cannot understand why anyone would think that we're even behind Red Bull and neither can I given what we know to date.
    Good news, exactly my thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Marco64 View Post

That is what I have been talking about. Are we a small team that will show our hand to our competitor Ferrari may even be using weight to make our car heavy. no one know what Ferrari is doing and that is the surprise that awaits. in 2016 I mentioned Ferrari will not do well and I was right, but last year looking at car design I knew from the beginning I said our car was a good car. just wait and see.

it's hard to read into these tests this year.
    so many questions about what the true pecking order will be.

Ferrari is very hard to judge,
    with the smoke they look like it's just another test but they are the only ones who did such a thing.
    lifting and coasting but still setting good times (a bit like last year).

I think we made a step forward but i am not sure if it's a big one or not.
    Life might be hard, Concrete is a lot harder

Race sims against @ValtteriBottas #Seb5 @Max33Verstappen @svandoorne

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXx-tpHWsAIaGIJ.png

race sim against Bottas and Hamilton

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DX2INe-WsAErobG.png

Alonso does 1:16.7 on hypersofts

Nope

They delete the time

Merc going for 200 laps in 1 day

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Wow that 19.3 from Kimi in the end of the race simulation shows a lot of potential. Bottas fastest lap was 19,5 at the end of the stint, but of course in different weather conditions.

That’s my point if Alonso could do 1.16.7, Ferrari & mercs can do low 1.16’s

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    FYI he didn’t.

Alonso can't do 16.7. He cut the chichane

Alonso can't do 16.7. He cut the chichane
    Are we .5 faster than Mclaren ?
    I don’t think so
    We should be much faster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Wow that 19.3 from Kimi in the end of the race simulation shows a lot of potential. Bottas fastest lap was 19,5 at the en of the stint, but of course in different weather conditions.
    Kimi changed for hypersofts to end his race sim. So he was quicker.

Merc did 200 laps

final day 8 Laps..............and times

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DX3Kk8TW4AA1KOj.jpg
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 9th March 2018 at 16:18.

He cut the chicane as well so he really didn't do 1.16.7.

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    He cut the chicane as well so he really didn't do 1.16.7.
    Even thought he cut the chicane. There was that potential to do that atleast 1.17.0 right. So Ferrari n mercs can pull low 1.16’s

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    When is Aus GP???