Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1705

Thread: Barcelona Testing 2018

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    they are the best, no need to delude yourselfs no more
    Glad we have that out of the way so when are you switching your colors to silver?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    well, you know what to do then, go and support them. Because by looks of it alot of you "supporters" here are reading way to much media hype around Merc and RBR and how Ferrari are in "trouble". I for one do not want this forum to turn into the dire doom and gloom again. People like you, never happy. Always find it easy to knock the team, no matter how they doing. If you finding it to much, or to hard to watch, give up on F1 or hell support the winning team as its easy to support the winning team isnt it.
    I want this team to be the wining team, for a decade now

1.17.2 for Kimi. So I think vet can do high 1.16’s.
    Ham race sim on 2nd stint.. looks more consistent & remarkable.

Ham 1st stint was already in 21s. They do look COMFORTABLY better then us and RB. To say that does not mean I will be cheering for them, it just means they arenincredibly good.

Ham into 1.19’s on Medium tyre race stint.

Amus reporting, Ferrari having fuel save problems.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Remember Kimi was on 10L stint on HS.

Remember Kimi was on 10L stint on HS.
    Similar to Vettel yesterday

they are the best, no need to delude yourselfs no more
    What did you smoke, go and support them

My German is a quite rusty, but all I see is them reporting about drivers performing "Lift and coast" during their long runs.
    They talk about Seb and Verstappen as an example so I would not read too much into that IHMO

Quote Originally Posted by gump1480 View Post
    Similar to Vettel yesterday
    Sorry Kimi was on 12L stint on HS. He did 1.17.3 on 2nd lap & 1.17.2 on 4th or 5th lap.

How did they know all these things

Kimi is useless
    lol
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    My German is a quite rusty, but all I see is them reporting about drivers performing "Lift and coast" during their long runs.
    They talk about Seb and Verstappen as an example so I would not read too much into that IHMO
    Yeah I’m doubting their credibility. Because no where RB (max, ric) outperformed Ferrari in this testing. I mean laptimes & race sim to looks strong for Ferrari compared to RB. But still amus, Toto, Nikki predicting or declaring RB is the title contender.
    Even RB is around 0.3-0.5 slower than mercs on race sim.

From what i saw he is easily over half a second quicker than us at any given time, that sucks.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Not a good day for Sauber Charles Leclerc. Not many laps.
    Ham almost 100L before lunch. . Even though there’s no lunch break.

Not a good day for Sauber Charles Leclerc. Not many laps.
    Ham almost 100L before lunch. . Even though there’s no lunch break.
    hamilton annoys me more and more, i guess that helps me hope we can crush him and his team

Yeah I’m doubting their credibility. Because no where RB (max, ric) outperformed Ferrari in this testing. I mean laptimes & race sim to looks strong for Ferrari compared to RB. But still amus, Toto, Nikki predicting or declaring RB is the title contender.
    Even RB is around 0.3-0.5 slower than mercs on race sim.
    Smoke and mirrors imho, and I also get the feeling they write their stuff in advance(at least the outlines) and report that as gospel afterwards. For example Sky was running the Nikki and Marko quotes even though they were made before Seb put in his hot laps...
    Also Nikki is a player, remember him doing a Red pullover stunt back in 2016 because Ferrari was soo fast and their main threat, and we all know how 2016 panned out.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    From what i saw he is easily over half a second quicker than us at any given time, that sucks.
    There can be two things,
    1) mercs driving to extreme & focused on race sim. As they feel confident of single lap pace.
    2) Ferrari running to delta, which mean cornering speed & power efficiency. Because I saw vet too dip into 19.9’s on mediums other day.

There can be two things,
    1) mercs driving to extreme & focused on race sim. As they feel confident of single lap pace.
    2) Ferrari running to delta, which mean cornering speed & power efficiency. Because I saw vet too dip into 19.9’s on mediums other day.
    i think its 1)

i remember seb managed to get one 1:19 lap after all the 1:21s so maybe he was left with very low fuel, shamilton so confident he didnt bother with fast laps at all.

https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/972072275381030912

@tgruener
    GPS data shows Ferrari had to save significantly more fuel than Mercedes during Barcelona race simulations
    Ferrari probably put as much fuel into the car to run the race sim as quickly as possible - like Mercedes. Anything else wouldn't make any sense. With running more than 60 laps, there's not a lot of variability in terms of fuel load.
    Ferrari had lots of fuel problems last few races last year, kimi and seb had to save fuel (e.g. seb in Malaysia and kimi and seb in USA/Abu Dhabi) so they couldnt push till the end, seems they haven't gotten a solution to that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/972072275381030912

@tgruener

Ferrari had lots of fuel problems last few races last year, kimi and seb had to save fuel (e.g. seb in Malaysia and kimi and seb in USA/Abu Dhabi) so they couldnt push till the end, seems they haven't gotten a solution to that yet.
    AMUS just publishes spicy news...in all case they want to show ferrari down...see his yesterdays twitter post..."Don't get too excited by Vettels lap, Bottas is one sec faster in race sim"....amateurish or paid journalism..i dont know

Where is Kimi has he not finished having ice cream

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleR View Post
    AMUS just publishes spicy news...in all case they want to show ferrari down...see his yesterdays twitter post..."Don't get too excited by Vettels lap, Bottas is one sec faster in race sim"....amateurish or paid journalism..i dont know
    Yup..!! Me too thinking same. He’s statement leads to one sided.

Delta between tyres ?? Any idea anyone???

Haas did 1.18.4 on 5L stint US tyres.

If we take roughly this as quali lap into consideration, Ferrari - haas performance difference assuming .5-1sec at max on each tyre. Then Ferrari can do mid 1.17 on US.

Coming to US-HS delta, expecting atleast .5sec. So lap time would be high 1.16’s.

Yest Vettel did lift at the main straight. So there is some pace of around .2-.3sec where he can get into high 1.16’s.
    This could be the quali lap.

Delta between tyres ?? Any idea anyone???

Haas did 1.18.4 on 5L stint US tyres.

If we take roughly this as quali lap into consideration, Ferrari - haas performance difference assuming .5-1sec at max on each tyre. Then Ferrari can do mid 1.17 on US.

Coming to US-HS delta, expecting atleast .5sec. So lap time would be high 1.16’s.

Yest Vettel did lift at the main straight. So there is some pace of around .2-.3sec where he can get into high 1.16’s.
    This could be the quali lap.
    AMUS seems to have reconsider about the delta between the US and HS, yesterday it was 1s, today it's only 0.7s, not sure if it's reliable info but there u go.

Few thoughts, FWIW..

We look reliable and quick. So do Red Bull. Toro Rosso looking OK with 'new and improved' Honda lump. Haas showing (surprisingly) well. Williams, Force India, Renault all a bit unclear, (meh!). Sauber not doing a lot and McLaren, OUCH! As ever, sure the Mercs will be ahead of the rest. Hope by not too much!

Roll on Australia!

#ForzaFerrari
    Trying to be less angry..

Ham done 97 laps n left. Bottas got in and already done 15L.
    I don’t know what Kimi is doing in...!! Huhhh

Ham done 97 laps n left. Bottas got in and already done 15L.
    I don’t know what Kimi is doing in...!! Huhhh
    Kimi probably sleeping, has he done the least laps this two weeks? from full time drivers, i hope ferrari didnt just rehire him because he is mostly a meme these days. If we somehow get back to being faster than RB hopefully we can get dani R next year

Why would he be sleeping?
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."