Page 49 of 57 FirstFirst ... 243536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1705

Thread: Barcelona Testing 2018

Even Autosport deduced that Kimi was doing race stimulation meaning they are not too sure

Autosport
    15:12 Raikkonen hits 130 laps in the Ferrari. We saw him come in for a live pitstop a moment ago, so we deduce the Finn is mid-race run right now.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Kimi on mediums to compare with others if you want
    Maybe setup issues... since Kimi missed so much running time he would be using Seb's setup and may not entirely be happy with it

Quote Originally Posted by gump1480 View Post
    It is what it is. No point in sandbagging on a race sim.
    check my posting from autosport up

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    It does not matter do you think Ferrari are stupid, I saw some of Kimi run and he was not pushing at all
    Agree with you on this...I would be bothered if that will be our race pace in Australia...I think Ferrari is hiding something.

As a ferrari fan we need to embrace for the worst season since 2014
    Don't be ridiculous

RAI first HS stint:

out, 22.8, 20.6, 20.8, 21.5, 22.2, in

RAI second HS stint:

out, 19.4, 19.3, 19.4, 19.9, 20.0, in

Not to add to the doom and gloom, but Kimi did 4 pit stops on that race sim:

Supersoft
    Medium
    Medium
    Hypersoft
    Hypersoft

So they are clearly trying something different, also I don't know if they have the engine turned down or somthing because it doesn't make sense to do a race sim without using the full potential of the car?

Quote Originally Posted by scudieros View Post
    Not to add to the doom and gloom, but Kimi did 4 pit stops on that race sim:

Supersoft
    Medium
    Medium
    Hypersoft
    Hypersoft

So they are clearly trying something different, also I don't know if they have the engine turned down or somthing because it doesn't make sense to do a race sim without using the full potential of the car?
    obviously not a meaningful race sim perhaps they were practice for a late safety car or something with those hypersoft runs

As a ferrari fan we need to embrace for the worst season since 2014
    Great thinking. Keep it up.

1:18:9 bottas while on medium stint
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

1:18:9 bottas while on medium stint
    Are you for real please go and support Mercedes

That is not the way Seb said it, why are you twisting Seb's word and taking it as Ferrari is in trouble. what do you expect Seb to say! tell the whole world the car is good. We have so many doomed and gloom people on this forum There should be a vote button on this forum
    Its not doom and gloom and I just said Vettel was saying they need to understand the car better. Otherwise, he would say like last year, it looks good, but we dont know what the others are doing, so lets wait for Australia. Its not doom and gloom, its reality, we are slower, the sooner we accept it and find ways to make the car faster, the better we will be. Look at the data, study the data, also, look at videos, see how the car behaves, how they get on the throttle. Its not like its 100% accurate, but it gives a little bits of info. Also, when you compare race sims, they tell you a lot. You just cant compare stint to stint, you have to see when they pitted, and not just compare stints. Stints can be different fuel loads. When you start a race sim, you can get an idea how much fuel will be in the car give or take a few laps. Then you analyze. Each lap of fuel is worth .05sec. So, it gives you some idea. If you also look at previous few years, the pre season testing has given you a clue, and almost 90% of the time, it turned out to be true.

You dont to discuss the Barcelona testing? I mean pretending mercedes dont exist wont help. Im posting for reference hopefully kimi can go faster lol
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

The tyres on the merc does not too good.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    The tyres on the merc does not too good.
    Season is saved. Mercedes is doomed, 2013 incoming.

Renault have done so little laps what happened ?

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    Its not doom and gloom and I just said Vettel was saying they need to understand the car better. Otherwise, he would say like last year, it looks good, but we dont know what the others are doing, so lets wait for Australia. Its not doom and gloom, its reality, we are slower, the sooner we accept it and find ways to make the car faster, the better we will be. Look at the data, study the data, also, look at videos, see how the car behaves, how they get on the throttle. Its not like its 100% accurate, but it gives a little bits of info. Also, when you compare race sims, they tell you a lot. You just cant compare stint to stint, you have to see when they pitted, and not just compare stints. Stints can be different fuel loads. When you start a race sim, you can get an idea how much fuel will be in the car give or take a few laps. Then you analyze. Each lap of fuel is worth .05sec. So, it gives you some idea. If you also look at previous few years, the pre season testing has given you a clue, and almost 90% of the time, it turned out to be true.
    its just 14 more days so we will see, they can't just build a rubbish car after all the gain they have made I am so sure of this

thanks

Gearbox problem

They had an issue in the morning, can't remember what it was, probably gearbox

Also this is the state of the tyre on a relative cold Barcelona. Wait until they get to hot races

i said it the other day but renault is an anagram for neutral

its just 14 more days so we will see, they can't just build a rubbish car after all the gain they have made I am so sure of this
    I dont think its a rubbish car, I think they have not understood the car, its complicated with the long wheelbase.
    You can go down the wrong path and no matter how good your last years car is, if you change a lot, then, it can go wrong. We will see. Its frustrating, but we will see.

Last 1 hour of testing before Oz. I think some teams will go all beans to see what they have

so if Merc have tyre degradation issues, what can they do? change pressures?

Pressures are set by Pirelli,

Why vitalo does not work for ferrari or mercedes f1 is unbelivable such a wasted talent.

Guys Do You really think that we are 2sec off the pace, based on kimi's race sim, even in 2014 we werent that far...