Page 32 of 57 FirstFirst ... 71819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Barcelona Testing 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    In all the car... RB is having problems with their X wings

Maybe is the new parts and that’s all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Where did you see picture of entire car covered in flowviz?

With heavier cars in 2018 and softer tyres, the chance of graining is greater which could potentially mean that the races get more boring as tyre management becomes key.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Where did you see picture of entire car covered in flowviz?
    I didn’t see myself, is quote form f1today

Kimi Raikkonen has completed an installation lap. His Ferrari was covered with flow-viz to make the air flows around the car visible.

Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Kimi Raikkonen has completed an installation lap. His Ferrari was covered with flow-viz to make the air flows around the car visible.

Maybe I took it in the worst way, but it says the Ferrari covered in flow viz

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    With heavier cars in 2018 and softer tyres, the chance of graining is greater which could potentially mean that the races get more boring as tyre management becomes key.
    Or better if we see a lot more pit stops

Oh ok thx. Just so everyone understands, lengthening the car as Ferrari did can produce very surprising results. Just look at Merc last year...

Oh ok thx. Just so everyone understands, lengthening the car as Ferrari did can produce very surprising results. Just look at Merc last year...
    True

Again how dare they use flowviz ... sigh ....

Kimi’s car is covered entirely with flowviz, that is really bad

Jesus if we messed it up again after a good year...-_-
    Because they are trying to see aero flow around car 2 days before end of testing.
    In the 6th day of testing may indicate bad correlation between the models and the reality

Also may mean we are testing the new parts that we saw the other day :)

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Exactly maybe something is not adding up in their corellation # from wind tunnel....hopefully in wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    How dare they use flowviz in testing ....
    Stop being so negative! This is testing, by your logic RedBull is in the same boat as they are also using flowviz during this weeks tests.
    Yea, we will see. But then again, RB had flowiz all around their diffuser today as well so who knows. One thing is clear, Merc is comfortably ahead. AMUS said Merc engineers confirmed that RB and ferrari lag behind .
    In all the car... RB is having problems with their X wings

Maybe is the new parts and that’s all

Easy gents. Nothing wrong with flo-viz testing now or in later GP's during FP's.....as new aero gets introduced. No drama in this.

Kimi’s car is covered entirely with flowviz, that is really bad

Maybe its a Petronas additive exhausted from the Mercedes.
    Dont drive too close Kimi :)

An oil leak is keeping Romain Grosjean confined to the garage currently, Haas confirm.

Easy gents. Nothing wrong with flo-viz testing now or in later GP's during FP's.....as new aero gets introduced. No drama in this.
    Lets wait and see, but our current form does not inspire confidence. Last year we set purple sectors each time we got out, this time we are relatively tame in comparison.

I would love to see purple times now, I’m worried about weather the next two days of testing
    Maybe today is the day for showing off

Lets wait and see, but our current form does not inspire confidence. Last year we set purple sectors each time we got out, this time we are relatively tame in comparison.
    understood but I would wait till several GP's (3 or 4) to get a sense of where things stand with the Scuderia. It's only testing so I would not read into as much with regards to purple sectors.

Yes, I would like for us to get the "daily double" everyday --> most laps set by 1 driver and fastest time....but it is what it is.

I would love to see purple times now, I’m worried about weather the next two days of testing
    Maybe today is the day for showing off
    me too
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Laps..................and times (9 min ago)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXscw0gV4AEaT5W.jpg

Michael Forever banner in front of the pits...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXsb5W8WkAAukD9.jpg

This forum is as toxic as ever if we aren't blowing everyone away. Not looking forward to the doom and gloom every week when we don't top every session of free practice and Q1 and Q2. The amount of times last season that happened only for us to end up beating or being very close to Merc in Q3 makes me laugh. I bet that even if we end up topping the timesheets when we do qualy runs tomorrow and Friday, people will complain by saying we weren't as fast as RB today (even if temps/conditions are completely different).

Like I said earlier as long as we are on or challenging for the top step on Sunday on Race weekends, I couldn't care less about anything else.

Its just a poor day today.For every front. Few laps with no special times/stints etc. What is going on and where we are,no-one knows ,only the team.We will learn in q3 in Melbourne.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Its just a poor day today.For every front. Few laps with no special times/stints etc. What is going on and where we are,no-one knows ,only the team.We will learn in q3 in Melbourne.
    Ferrari is just playing it cool IMO.

A lot of people on twitter noticed that earlier Vettel had lots of white smoke trailing from the car. Suspect that the reason why Vettel pit so early and why Kimi took so long to come out as Ferrari had issues
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    A lot of people on twitter noticed that earlier Vettel had lots of white smoke trailing from the car. Suspect that the reason why Vettel pit so early and why Kimi took so long to come out as Ferrari had issues
    Its just the vapors exiting the hole in the crash structure.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Its just the vapors exiting the hole in the crash structure.
    True is the implementation of the Ferrari PU, I have seen a pic inside sauber garage with Lot of smoke when the car is departing.

The odds on Ham winning WDC are starting to drop, ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-89 View Post
    This forum is as toxic as ever if we aren't blowing everyone away. Not looking forward to the doom and gloom every week when we don't top every session of free practice and Q1 and Q2. The amount of times last season that happened only for us to end up beating or being very close to Merc in Q3 makes me laugh. I bet that even if we end up topping the timesheets when we do qualy runs tomorrow and Friday, people will complain by saying we weren't as fast as RB today (even if temps/conditions are completely different).

Like I said earlier as long as we are on or challenging for the top step on Sunday on Race weekends, I couldn't care less about anything else.
    I agree that lap times are meaningless during winter testing, and we really can't conclude anything.

But speculating about performance order, reliability, development, etc are all part of winter testing discussion. If all we should care about is the first race, then there isn't much to talk about from now till then. Might as well not have these forum threads.

Personally I'm more interested in technical speculations, like talks about how this and that bits on the car works. But to me they are all equally valid, whether we're talking about technical stuff or performance order, as they are all just speculation and something for outsider fans to discuss about while we wait for the season to start. I'd say let everyone have their own opinion, whether it make sense to us or not.

Guys it's just testing honestly one day where we don't do as much laps and aren't as quick as Merc and the season's over

Kimi on 35 laps, 12 more and he could match Alonso today

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I agree that lap times are meaningless during winter testing, and we really can't conclude anything.

But speculating about performance order, reliability, development, etc are all part of winter testing discussion. If all we should care about is the first race, then there isn't much to talk about from now till then. Might as well not have these forum threads.

Personally I'm more interested in technical speculations, like talks about how this and that bits on the car works. But to me they are all equally valid, whether we're talking about technical stuff or performance order, as they are all just speculation and something for outsider fans to discuss about while we wait for the season to start. I'd say let everyone have their own opinion, whether it make sense to us or not.
    I don't think my post was really in reference to that kind of discussion, very much the negativity that tends to follow this forum, it's quite tiresome and I tend to stay away as it's just not an enjoyable environment for discussion. It also tends to be the same individuals clogging up threads and stifling the interesting and open discussions that were otherwise happening.

Michael Forever banner in front of the pits...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXsb5W8WkAAukD9.jpg
    This is great! Will be with us FOREVER!!!

KR just 38 laps!? I mean what the @#$%?!?!?!??!