Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 213233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1705

Thread: Barcelona Testing 2018

Why there is smoke whenever Ferrari leaves the garage

Ted crapitz is not a respected commentator of f1 last year at aussie fi he spoke absolute rubbish nothing has changed hey ted.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    Also where do you think would the other teams get the mythical GPS data on our car? Do they have spies plant GPS transponders while Ferrari mechanics are not looking and later cheekily give that data to AMUS to give them more clicks ...
    My point is the media will create noise to drive traffic their way and being pro Merc/Redbull seems to be doing the trick for them it seems
    Last year Helmut Marko said their gps showed ferrari was low on fuel and we know how it went at first race in Aus.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Last year Helmut Marko said their gps showed ferrari was low on fuel and we know how it went at first race in Aus.
    how will GPS know the amount of fuel in a car does it have an X-ray.

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    how will GPS know the amount of fuel in a car does it have an X-ray.
    I don't know if rival teams have access to it, but the FIA has got GPS data and telemetry on all cars. this is how they display information such as fuel consumption and those maps that show the position of the cars on a little track map. Also it is what is used to see if drivers lift off/slow down when there are yellow flags etc. All cars have the same control module for this reason.

Oh I forgot, you can also access some of this data if you pay the membership fee https://www.formula1.com/en/subscribe-to-f1-access.html
    Last edited by scudieros; 9th March 2018 at 09:22.

Quote Originally Posted by FF1 View Post
    It's like WWE such as when Golgberg makes an entrance. When Ferrari hit the track they need some smoke for the grand entrance

Quote Originally Posted by scudieros View Post
    If you are referring to my post from Sky News of Ted Kravits, yes it is british, and biased and one of thefew ways we have of following these tests in the UK. However I did not post it to cause doom and gloom, that is down to how people want to read these things. I posted it as a piece of information. You can take it whichever way you want but there are a lot of rumors and suppositions people form during testing. I am fully aware that we have a test plan, and we'll stick with it (as we should). Fully aware that the team knows what they are doing and are not revealing or making bold claims (as in the past). But this is a forum to discuss all things Ferrari, weather it's good, bad, biased, green or red. This thread is for testing information, so I think it's the correct place to share such things. Please feel free to share non-british media information.
    Sorry, should have probably been more specific, I have nothing against people posting stuff from the British media etc. in fact I apreciate it as I don't have to visit their website my self.
    What I don't like are other people preaching that like gosplel ... for example:

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleR View Post
    Amus reported that Binotto was worried and rushed to Haas garage..to check oil in their car.. Amus can't be wrong

Propably a hidden sponsor ... Malboro ?

Our new Phillip Morris advert

I don't know if rival teams have access to it, but the FIA has got GPS data and telemetry on all cars. this is how they display information such as fuel consumption and those maps that show the position of the cars on a little track map. Also it is what is used to see if drivers lift off/slow down when there are yellow flags etc. All cars have the same control module for this reason.

Oh I forgot, you can also access some of this data if you pay the membership fee https://www.formula1.com/en/subscribe-to-f1-access.html
    Thank you, but it will only show the amount of fuel consumed not the amount of fuel team put on their cars

Kimi is useless

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Kimi is useless
    ok... did he bin it?

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    Thank you, but it will only show the amount of fuel consumed not the amount of fuel team put on their cars
    That's very true. However if you knew the rate you are burning fuel at and the amount of laps then you can work out how much fuel was in there. doesn't work for testing though, only really works for race.

How the hell can you change your minds so fast? Yesterday we have shown a little bit of speed that we have and as i see the situation other teams just crap themselves a little and suddenly there are rummors that we have some problems, we are slower than last year, RB is ahead of us, we cant even compare Ferrari to Mercs etc. Bunch of crap! We are fast, guys are confident and relaxed as never before in past years, nobody knows which programe we run, they dont have a clue about our fuel loads and thats enough for British media and other teams to start talking nonsense as it was last year. Mercs and RB don't even tell the truth about themselves and they have the data.. how could they possibly know anything about us? Its only putting a pressure on a leading (prancing) horse. Just stay calm and believe in Ferrari!

ok... did he bin it?
    No. Probably because he hasn't won any races yet this year.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

That's very true. However if you knew the rate you are burning fuel at and the amount of laps then you can work out how much fuel was in there. doesn't work for testing though, only really works for race.
    Yes you are correct

ok... did he bin it?
    Raikkonen sets a 1:18.863 on that last run. So no improvement as he moved from super-soft to ultra-soft.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    No. Probably because he hasn't won any races yet this year.
    so that makes him stupid lol

Hamiltons 1st stint of his race sim is well into the 1:22s and it's much warmer than yesterday, so not exactly good news for the rest of the field I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by L.K View Post
    How the hell can you change your minds so fast? Yesterday we have shown a little bit of speed that we have and as i see the situation other teams just crap themselves a little and suddenly there are rummors that we have some problems, we are slower than last year, RB is ahead of us, we cant even compare Ferrari to Mercs etc. Bunch of crap! We are fast, guys are confident and relaxed as never before in past years, nobody knows which programe we run, they dont have a clue about our fuel loads and thats enough for British media and other teams to start talking nonsense as it was last year. Mercs and RB don't even tell the truth about themselves and they have the data.. how could they possibly know anything about us? Its only putting a pressure on a leading (prancing) horse. Just stay calm and believe in Ferrari!

Well said........Last year we had a very similar thread situation. Albeit, this time, its raised it's negative head again.............clearly some guys on here just don't want understand the TERM of PRACTISE!.

Then throw into the mix a bit of BS media speculation, and you have a lot of peeps on here wanting to believe them..........i give up really
    Drive it like you stole it!

Espn..

That's more like it as Grosjean clocks a 1:18.590. A decent lap considering it was his third push lap on those super-softs and he still out on track.

Only a tenth or so slower than kimi on the slower tire.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Espn..

That's more like it as Grosjean clocks a 1:18.590. A decent lap considering it was his third push lap on those super-softs and he still out on track.

Only a tenth or so slower than kimi on the slower tire.
    This is good news a fast Haas usually means an even faster Ferrari. That means our engine does work very well.
    Take a look at this fast lap by Seb yesterday. The car looks planted and very good in the corners, this is a fantastic sign, he has also nearly no understeer.
    https://www.facebook.com/Formula1/vi...96770473813268

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    This is good news a fast Haas usually means an even faster Ferrari. That means our engine does work very well.
    Take a look at this fast lap by Seb yesterday. The car looks planted and very good in the corners, this is a fantastic sign, he has also nearly no understeer.
    https://www.facebook.com/Formula1/vi...96770473813268
    Hamilton was saying he did T9 flat out for the first time with the 2018 car. Vettel is far from achieving it.

Hamiltons 1st stint of his race sim is well into the 1:22s and it's much warmer than yesterday, so not exactly good news for the rest of the field I suppose.
    They are going to obliterate the entire field I guess

Quote Originally Posted by gump1480 View Post

Yip i agree with you!!.........Perhaps we open another thread where we support other teams as now our team is gonna be smoked this year hey ???
    Drive it like you stole it!

Quote Originally Posted by gump1480 View Post
    they are the best, no need to delude yourselfs no more

Kimi 1m17.375 hypersofts
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

they are the best, no need to delude yourselfs no more
    well, you know what to do then, go and support them. Because by looks of it alot of you "supporters" here are reading way to much media hype around Merc and RBR and how Ferrari are in "trouble". I for one do not want this forum to turn into the dire doom and gloom again. People like you, never happy. Always find it easy to knock the team, no matter how they doing. If you finding it to much, or to hard to watch, give up on F1 or hell support the winning team as its easy to support the winning team isnt it.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE