Thread: Barcelona Testing 2018

https://imgur.com/K8UTItI

What about this guys?

Quote Originally Posted by STK View Post

What about this guys?
    We are doomed... This is the end... There is no need to even go to Australia... No need to participate in this year championship...

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Amus reports Ferrari stands 3rd. They are predicting mercs vs RB.
    You know what they say, where there is somke there is fire..... It's a general conclusion in the paddock we are way behind Merc and Red Bull

Red Bull seem to be extremely optimistic, Vettel too fired caution to that 17.2 lap, I don't read too much into winter testing but it seems we need to raise our game from here

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    We are doomed... This is the end... There is no need to even go to Australia... No need to participate in this year championship...
    I hope you are trolling ;)

Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    Vettel was 1.172 seconds faster than Kevin Magnussen in the HaasF1 customer Ferrari. Nevertheless, there was no cheering in the factory in Maranello. Rather the opposite. Team boss Maurizio Arrivabene and technical director Mattia Binotto stepped out of the Ferrari garage during the lunch break with a worried face.

While Vettel struggled his way through a wall of autograph and selfie hunters into the motorhome, Binotto set off for HaasF1 to find out how much fuel Magnussen was using in his US Ferrari? According to calculations by the competition, there was not much more residual gasoline in the Ferrari tank. If that's true, you'd have to worry in Maranello.

Vettel's best time was put into perspective by scoring it on the softest rubber compound Hypersoft. Magnussen had supersoft tires on his car. According to Pirelli calculations, the two-step difference in rubber is approximately one second. This means that the Ferrari, adjusted for tyres, would have been only a tenth faster than its American counterpart. Too little, if you want to win the world championship against Mercedes

Mercedes officially regards the balance of power as a neck-and-neck race between Red Bull, Ferrari and himself. One does not want to take away the illusion from the fans that it could come to an end of the silver dominance. That would be bad for business.

But the truth looks a little different. Renault's GPS analysis gives Mercedes a clear lead over Red Bull. So at least three tenths. Ferrari is only third and the red cars seem to lose evenly over all corners.

This is also proven by the first Longrun comparisons. Valtteri Bottas was on average almost one second faster than Max Verstappen and Sebastian Vettel in his Grand Prix distance. All other teams are at least 1.6 seconds behind. That would be last year's picture.

Responding to the observations of the competition, Mercedes also had to admit that they are one step ahead. More clearly than last year, but not as dramatic as 2015 and 2016, and at the moment Red Bull is more on the bill than Ferrari.
    Dang and i was so happy with Vettel today, Toto was right and it seems helmut marko fella was too when they say Mercs 1, RB 2, apparently RB still have something big to bring too, only one tenth ahead of Haas though... Hopefully Sergio Marchionne comes and fixes things the way he knows how.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

@tgruener
    Don't get fooled by Vettels lap record on hypersofts. Bottas race simulation this morning was around 1 second per lap quicker than Vettel & Verstappen in the afternoon.

#AMuS

@tgruener
    Don't get fooled by Vettels lap record on hypersofts. Bottas race simulation this morning was around 1 second per lap quicker than Vettel & Verstappen in the afternoon.

#AMuS
    I just can't stand another season like that, I will not be watching F1 if true

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    I feel so bad for Maurizio and Seb, these two you can see actually put everything into challenging Mercedes last year. Im hoping the legend Sergio brings the chopper and they get some new engineers to get the job done.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Stay cool my friend...
    I assume that Mercedes is in front of us..
    But I find the speculation from AMuS a bit weird... how can they compare race stints with different temperatures between Bottas (morning) and Vettel (afternoon)?

@tgruener

#AMuS
    "Dont be fooled by Vettel lap...Bottas was 1s faster in race pace then Vettel and Max."

"Dont look at race pace...RB is 3 tenths behind Mercedes" lol

Stay cool my friend...
    I assume that Mercedes is in front of us..
    But I find the speculation from AMuS a bit weird... how can they compare race stints with different temperatures between Bottas (morning) and Vettel (afternoon)?
    I cant remember which site but one of them were saying Hamilton was doing a race sim run on the mediums and his times were matching Bottas or slightly quicker (afternoon) although until they show ham's lap sheet, we won't know for sure.

Oh come one guys, that german article (auto-motor und sport) is a big joke. And if they say that Red Bull is 0,3 behind Mercedes, Ferrari close behind RBR and only 0,1 in front of Haas...so Haas would only be 0,5-0,6 behind Mercedes, that would make Haas one of the biggest car developer of all time. Hahahha. But Haas is a copy of our car, we should be about 1 second infront of haas with ease like last year, soo that means we are 0,4 ahead of the mercedes.
    Come Australia we will prevail, its our year.
    Forza lets do this.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 8th March 2018 at 19:14.

What about this guys?
    Look at vettels last lap. Over a second faster then previous laps so he was driving to a delta

I was at the circuit for all day and i can assure you Vettel was easy with the car during the qualifying simulation (not pushing at first sight)
    He was just cruising during the last part of race simulation, it was pretty obvious.
    Ams, german journalists and british one's are just biasied.

I hope you are trolling ;)
    Offcourse I am not serious! That is because people here are way too fast to come to conclusions!

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Oh come one guys, that german article (auto-motor und sport) is a big joke. And if they say that Red Bull is 0,3 behind Mercedes, Ferrari close behind RBR and only 0,1 in front of Haas...so Haas would only be 0,5-0,6 behind Mercedes, that would make Haas one of the biggest car developer of all time. Hahahha. But Haas is a copy of our car, we should be about 1 second infront of haas with easy like last year, soo that means we are 0,4 ahead of the mercedes.
    Come Australia we will prevail, its our year.
    Forza lets do this.
    Yeah thats why im striggling to believe the article. If it says we are behind i will believe it but when they said we are only .1 ahead of haas. That is bizarre

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Dang and i was so happy with Vettel today, Toto was right and it seems helmut marko fella was too when they say Mercs 1, RB 2, apparently RB still have something big to bring too, only one tenth ahead of Haas though... Hopefully Sergio Marchionne comes and fixes things the way he knows how.
    Only one tenth ahead of Haas..lol..do you really believe that?

Doesn't Haas have the exact same engine as the Ferrari works team now?

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post
    Doesn't Haas have the exact same engine as the Ferrari works team now?
    Yep. And laat year.
    Only Sauber had 2016 spec last year.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Lol zike you are always pessimist
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Yep. And laat year.
    Only Sauber had 2016 spec last year.
    Yeah and I don't see how people would be surprised that w/ the same engine Haas could close the gap between his team and Ferrari.

To the blind optimist the realist is always a pessimist.

Quote Originally Posted by ramesh View Post
    What is AMUS
    adulate mercedes underrate scuderia

it's quite AMUSing

LOL

Seb's German so we can all expect AMUS to be firmly in Ferrari's corner once Merc washes out of the championship in a few months.

#optimism

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Look at vettels last lap. Over a second faster then previous laps so he was driving to a delta
    Agreed - you don't just suddenly find a second unless you have plenty in reserve.

Also, running a look down the long run times it looks like we were a tenth or two a lap faster on average compared to Verstappen. So how can anyone make out that we are behind Red Bull?

Quote Originally Posted by Marco64 View Post
    Agreed - you don't just suddenly find a second unless you have plenty in reserve.

Also, running a look down the long run times it looks like we were a tenth or two a lap faster on average compared to Verstappen. So how can anyone make out that we are behind Red Bull?
    unless he CUT the corner....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

absurd

FerrariSteve Guest
    Oh such joy, another Mercedes cruise and collect season.
    No wonder F1 is going down the pan.. dear gods :(

you are believing in AMUS ?