Thread: Mick Schumacher swaps Mercedes for Ferrari at Hockenheim

Mick Schumacher swaps Mercedes for Ferrari at Hockenheim

It's been a long time since Formula One saw a Schumacher in the Ferrari garage at a grand prix event.

But 10 years after Michael Schumacher last raced for the Scuderia, his son Mick spent Saturday among the Maranello outfit as he watched qualifying for the German Grand Prix.

Mick had spent Friday at another of his father's former teams as he watched practice from within the garage at Mercedes.

Updates on the seven-times world champion's condition have been vague in the last two years as his family continue to maintain a private stance on the former Ferrari star's progress.

Ferrari have only won one driver's championship since Schumacher left the team and their best hope in the last couple of years in ending that run has been with Sebastian Vettel.

The German lines up a disappointing sixth on the grid for Sunday's Hockenheim event but looked in good spirits earlier in the day when he took time out to pose for a picture with Mick at the circuit.

The 17-year-old uploaded the photo to Instagram wishing the Ferrari driver luck before final practice

'Back to Italian style today, Schumacher said. 'Good to see Sebastian before FP3, wishing him good luck for the weekend.'

Schumacher currently competes in the ADAC and Italian Formula 4 championships, and is battling for both championships having secured three wins in each series which leave him second in the respective formats.

#KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

he looks like his father, if he has half the talent of his father he will be a multiple world champion. I miss Schumi soo much!

That second photo... wow.

I am at awe from the way he looks like his dad.
    If he's half the driver his father was , damn.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Yeah there's been a few photos of him from this weekend where I had to do a double take. It was great to see him there but I hope he gets left alone to get on with things because the pressure on him must be huge already.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Yeah there's been a few photos of him from this weekend where I had to do a double take.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Its the eyes & neck. I hope he does the Schumi leap when he wins!
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    Its the eyes & neck. I hope he does the Schumi leap when he wins!
    Bull's eye!!

Missing Schumi....

Quote Originally Posted by 20000rpm View Post
    Bull's eye!!
    You forgot to mention 'that chin', which is the most prominent Schumacher feature. There's also the strong resemblance to the mother in the region of the eyes, imho

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    You forgot to mention 'that chin', which is the most prominent Schumacher feature. There's also the strong resemblance to the mother in the region of the eyes, imho
    that jaw for sure
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)