Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Australian GP Free Practice and Qualifying

2018 Australian GP Free Practice and Qualifying

If verstapen didn’t make the mistake then we would be probably be even further back....

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    I doubt they can drive this pace in the race, this is qualy mode.
    Yeah but grid position always matters.....he’ll disappear into the distance and control the race
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Last year it was 0.3 tenths in favor of mercs in quali. This year its 0.6 tenths. Draw your conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Yeah but grid position always matters.....he’ll disappear into the distance and control the race
    Hamilton was on pole last year as well, yet we won the race.

Not if the start will be like last year

Quote Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
    If verstapen didn’t make the mistake then we would be probably be even further back....
    "even further back".. after qualifying P2 P3....
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Expected results honestly. The new merc is an evolution of last year's car so they will have advantage in terms of set up. We have a longer wheel base compared to lat year and surely it will take a longer learning curve for us to dial it in. The fact that Kimi is ahead of Seb in qualifying says a lot about the car's potential once we get the perfect setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    This is unbelievable... Merc has done it again. Congrats to Hamilton for his next championship, this pace is unbeatable. Oh dear
    Fastest car will always win the championship.

Yeah but what if Botha’s was there? Then second row....and is not about being second row, but by how much we got beaten by
    he is not there. So, you stupid comments mean nothing. Read the post i put up, as this is serious. You dont like it, leave. This forum if carries on being a dire negative forum WILL close at the end of the year if it doesnt change. It isnt a threat.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    Last year it was 0.3 tenths in favor of mercs in quali. This year its 0.6 tenths. Draw your conclusions.
    We have a longer wheel base this year, doesn't mean we went backwards.

welcome back to 2016 where Mercedes only competition are themselves, Max was almost exactly seb and kimi's time and he made a mistake. lol hopefully we can get mercedes suspension banned or something so we can catch up again, thank goodness no bottas or it would second row, that 10bhp only increase showed how little that is comparing to mercedes party rapper mode. was 0.4- quicker first sector alone with it on.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

The gap is bigger than last year!!

agreed, lets hope that max finds a way to ruin hamiltons race for once and not ferrari's like he usually does. we might beable to keep a podium with bottas waaaay back
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Can we agree that Ham had a perfect lap and we didn't, that's why the gap is so big? It could have been 3-4 tenths if we had a good lap as well.

That Lap from Lewis was just demonic. I think we shouldn't draw conclusions on our qualy pace just yet. could be alot of factors that are keeping us so far behind which I'm confident we'll get on top of as the season progresses just like Merc did Last year.

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    The gap is bigger than last year!!
    last year ferrari got mercedes suspension banned last minute which helped us catch up a little. Maybe Legend Sergio M will take the team out of F1 in 2021? so he didnt give resources for the 2018 car? just thinking why we fell away so much

Where did HAAS come from????? 6th and 7th??? they have a good package setup for this race.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    last year ferrari got mercedes suspension banned last minute which helped us catch up a little. Maybe Legend Sergio M will take the team out of F1 in 2021? so he didnt give resources for the 2018 car? just thinking why we fell away so much
    Pathetic post.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    he is not there. So, you stupid comments mean nothing. Read the post i put up, as this is serious. You dont like it, leave. This forum if carries on being a dire negative forum WILL close at the end of the year if it doesnt change. It isnt a threat.
    Oh so you’re following Mrchione footsteps now to threaten to close the foripum? I’m just stating the facts mate...everyone is got their opinions

Believe me I’d like to see ferrari winning just as bad as the next ferrari fan, but as of today we were the second best that’s all I’m saying
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    If you'll close this forum based on the negativity, then I'll open mine... no worries. I won't let the fans without a place to discuss...

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Not as bad as i expected but would rather have Seb in P2 instead of Kimi

A bit surprised by the gap to ham but the race is tomorrow. We have two cars up there. Anything can happen.

and moreover verstappens will start on superesoft.. strategywise.. it could very well play into redbull's hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    If you'll close this forum based on the negativity, then I'll open mine... no worries. I won't let the fans without a place to discuss...
    forza ferrari lol. Im feeling bitter now seeing the car's pace compared to mercs :(

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Where did HAAS come from????? 6th and 7th??? they have a good package setup for this race.
    HAAS was great already in testing. This was expected. But it's still great :)

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Can we agree that Ham had a perfect lap and we didn't, that's why the gap is so big? It could have been 3-4 tenths if we had a good lap as well.
    I think vet could have gone within .4ths of it. If he wouldn’t have been struggling.
    But this year car lack grip atleast in the hands of vettel, where it’s opposite for Kimi. Ferrari needs to lot of work.
    I think it’s all down to set-up. There is potential in this year’s car.

And? 3 or 4 tenths is still a massive gap to overcome.

Great result! We’re ahead of redbull (as everyone except the media predicted) and close to Mercedes. I think Lewis’ lap was special. We will be closer in the race, and 2nd and 3rd on the grid today. Definitely could have gone worse, all to play for tomorrow. I am pleasantly surprised after all the rumour and hyperbole going around about Ferrari. This will be another good season for us.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Everyone in the paddock saying it’s 2017 Ferrari car.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Not as bad as i expected but would rather have Seb in P2 instead of Kimi
    Same, kimi lost many places at starts last year...except singapore..... but maybe this year he will eat an energy bar and find a way to annoy hamilton into partying mode into a wall like bottas