Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Australian GP Free Practice and Qualifying

Well thats nasty talk! think the only person who needs to leave is you.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    And? 3 or 4 tenths is still a massive gap to overcome.
    Last year we had that same gap and won the race easily.

well done Kimi front row start better than Seb today
    Personally i don't think merc is 0.6 ahead, it seems Seb could not quite find the best setup.

Im glad Sauber isn't last haha, i guess HAAS and Sauber improved some having the same engine
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by f412 View Post
    and moreover verstappens will start on superesoft.. strategywise.. it could very well play into redbull's hand...
    Difference to SS to US isn’t much.
    Ferrari should have long stint on US, that will negate tyre advantage for RB.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Oh so you’re following Mrchione footsteps now to threaten to close the foripum? I’m just stating the facts mate...everyone is got their opinions

Believe me I’d like to see ferrari winning just as bad as the next ferrari fan, but as of today we were the second best that’s all I’m saying
    Its not a threat. Alot people had enough, people run the forum had enough.

All you saying? we won last year, nearly won WDC last apart from few Seb mistakes. So before you and the usual suspects shoot the team down before the race, see how the year goes before claiming its all over.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

P2/3, but not a very positive outcome. It could easily have been P4/5 (not the good type) if Bottas hadn't screwed up and Verstappen made that mistake. We'll see tomorrow, but they were already behind Mercedes and also seem to have fallen behind Red Bull.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    well done Kimi front row start better than Seb today
    Personally i don't think merc is 0.6 ahead, it seems Seb could not quite find the best setup.
    Yes... Seb was struggling all weekend. Hope he & Kimi do have a better race tmrw.

Happy with todays result, we need some races to extract the max from the our brand new car, Bahrain should suit out long-wheel based car more. Maybe we can use two haas cars as a dummy, so when Hamilton pits they stay out, and hold him behind for 2-3 lapes, and then Ferrari makes an overcut and lead the GP. Yeah a dream scenario, but i will never stop believing.
    Forza.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I think vet could have gone within .4ths of it. If he wouldn’t have been struggling.
    But this year car lack grip atleast in the hands of vettel, where it’s opposite for Kimi. Ferrari needs to lot of work.
    I think it’s all down to set-up. There is potential in this year’s car.
    any quotes from team yet? im guessing they going to say race is tomorrow the usual? Kimi might be the guy in 2018 for ferrari
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Same, kimi lost many places at starts last year...except singapore..... but maybe this year he will eat an energy bar and find a way to annoy hamilton into partying mode into a wall like bottas
    Well you can actually find some positives, if we'll talk about Vet. He starts from the clean side, so he could have a great bite to the asphalt and with a tow from Kimi and Ham, it could be an advantage into the first two straights.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    P2/3, but not a very positive outcome. It could easily have been P4/5 (not the good type) if Bottas hadn't screwed up and Verstappen made that mistake. We'll see tomorrow, but they were already behind Mercedes and also seem to have fallen behind Red Bull.
    Vettel too made a mistake T13. Else p2 was his to grab.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    If you'll close this forum based on the negativity, then I'll open mine... no worries. I won't let the fans without a place to discuss...
    bye then, not just the doom and gloom, as soon as someone says we seem ok could win races they get slammed saying get real man we suck blah blah.

So, if you want to go and start up and pay for your own forum, bye bye.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    looks like the overall package hasn't taken the steps rb and mercs have made, we just switched to the long wheelbase to be similar to mercs so i think we might be a year behind all over again in understanding the car. Im sure we will improve and be level with RB before half season ( atleast im hoping :) )

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    any quotes from team yet? im guessing they going to say race is tomorrow the usual? Kimi might be the guy in 2018 for ferrari
    Don’t worry just look at the positive side, vet struggling over the weekend.
    Else it would have been closer by taking Kimi-vet difference factor over couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    Last year we had that same gap and won the race easily.
    And Mercedes won the championship. My point is you don't win championships by qualifying 6 tenths behind your main rival.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post

All you saying? we won last year, nearly won WDC last apart from few Seb mistakes. So before you and the usual suspects shoot the team down before the race, see how the year goes before claiming its all over.
    I’m not saying the season is over, I’m just saying that at the first race over a hard working winter, the Merc is still ahead...but all that may change in our favour during the season.....we’ll see
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I dont think this is a true picture of where we are I think when we get to a proper track we will be
    further in front of Redbull and hopefully closer to Merc,as for tomorrow I have a feeling Merc will chew its tyres to bits after afew laps

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    ... Maybe we can use two haas cars as a dummy, so when Hamilton pits they stay out, and hold him behind for 2-3 lapes, and then Ferrari makes an overcut and lead the GP. Yeah a dream scenario, but i will never stop believing.
    Forza.
    I like your idea about using Haas.. I mean Grosjean would have no trouble being the dummy

And Mercedes won the championship. My point is you don't win championships by qualifying 6 tenths behind your main rival.
    You mean we lost the championship? We shot ourselves in the foot with the start crash and reliability issues, we could have won it otherwise, but that's how it goes. And, you can't win or lose a championship in the first race of the season and especially not in qualifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Well you can actually find some positives, if we'll talk about Vet. He starts from the clean side, so he could have a great bite to the asphalt and with a tow from Kimi and Ham, it could be an advantage into the first two straights.
    hehe yeah kinda like mexico but that was a super long straight, i hope they dont have party rapper mode in race too or we will never overtake mercs. If a safety car or something can help us somehow that might be the best chance to challenge rb and mercs this year

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Don’t worry just look at the positive side, vet struggling over the weekend.
    Else it would have been closer by taking Kimi-vet difference factor over couple of years.
    maybe ferrari made the car for kimi's driving style? O_O and seb cant get the handle on it. i hope not. If kimi shows ruthlessness and hunger to beat rapper boy then maybe its fine :) but i hope seb can find some balance

You mean we lost the championship? We shot ourselves in the foot with the start crash and reliability issues, we could have won it otherwise, but that's how it goes. And, you can't win or lose a championship in the first race of the season and especially not in qualifying.
    Well if you think we are gonna championship this year then fine, I have no problem whatsoever. We all want the same thing.

But unfortunately our main rival currently is now Red Bull not Mercedes.

here is some food for thought.. did ferrarri assissted haas more than neccessary so that when the time comes .. we could do well with some cars blocking some other cars.... hi hi

Well if you think we are gonna championship this year then fine, I have no problem whatsoever. We all want the same thing.

But unfortunately our main rival currently is now Red Bull not Mercedes.
    I'll always believe that, and I don't know how you concluded that our main rival is Red Bull from just one qualifying session? We'll need 2-3 races to see the real order.

Anyone else see the press conference ? Lewis telling vettel to wipe the smile from his face

I'll always believe that, and I don't know how you concluded that our main rival is Red Bull from just one qualifying session? We'll need 2-3 races to see the real order.
    yes.

and considering the REDBull's rate of in season car development...our main rivals will soon be haas..

Quote Originally Posted by declanvdb View Post
    Anyone else see the press conference ? Lewis telling vettel to wipe the smile from his face
    Hope karma strikes him back. That was rude..

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post

It's a discussion. People are discussing. People are different. People here are Ferrari fans. Ferrari fans are passionate. People here are hungry for success. It's just the way it is and if anyone has problem with it, well... that's sad. We are all one family here in a way and we have our problems, our days, our differences, but family members should understand each other. Here, all I see is that if someone is happy, everything is fine, but suddenly, if anyone is sad, angry, uses words before brain, then there's fire. Let them vent their frustration, it is not harmfull at all, it's just a text. And by having all different opinions in one place, talking about it, that's... discussion... a forum.

I know, that probably the forum is not as popular, as it used to be, there is less people, the veterans are not there anymore and so on... But it's not because of the anger going on here sometimes, believe me. It's because the F1 is not what it used to be, it's because the Ferrari is not, what it used to be. Just wait... wait, until one big succes of our team, wait, till we'll win the title, the forum will come alive for coming seasons. With success, comes reward. It's always like that. The bad thing is, that for Ferrari only success is the championship as SM keeps repeating but then not delivering 100%. But it will come one day.... Well all that, if the F1 will not die until it happens. The changes they keep aplying are making the sport less atractive by the day.... I don't know, why I felt the need to write this... I guess I care about this forum

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees