Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Results 421 to 450 of 552

Thread: 2018 Australian GP Free Practice and Qualifying

  1. #421
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Slovenia, Maribor
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinsomx View Post
    is it just me or did Vettel's last lap in Q3 seem less than perfect?
    it might be wishful thinking but i don't think that 0.6xx gap is as bad as it looks on paper.
    I also saw that lap, it wasnt good at all, he made very small mistakes in some corners. I think with a perfect lap Vettel would be about 0,3-0,4s behind Lewis. Bahrain should be dry in 2 weeks time, so the Ferrari will have much more time to find the right setup, which is absolutely critical. But both Seb, Kimi were very happy today, maybe they know something we dont, and Mercedes will eat their tyres tomorrow. Only time will tell.

    Go Seb,Kimi.


  2. #422
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    France
    Posts
    435
    Funny. Kimi found 6 tenth between q2 and q3 and seb vertually found none.

  3. #423
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    I also saw that lap, it wasnt good at all, he made very small mistakes in some corners. I think with a perfect lap Vettel would be about 0,3-0,4s behind Lewis. Bahrain should be dry in 2 weeks time, so the Ferrari will have much more time to find the right setup, which is absolutely critical. But both Seb, Kimi were very happy today, maybe they know something we dont, and Mercedes will eat their tyres tomorrow. Only time will tell.

    Go Seb,Kimi.
    Our race pace might just make the difference tomorrow.
    IF we jump Lewis at the start and Mercedes does eat their tires, RB could be a problem for them.
    it might just be enough to give us a 1,2 with Max/Lewis behind us.
    Life might be hard, Concrete is a lot harder

  4. #424
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Bahrain
    Posts
    40
    We better jump LH tomorrow, as rain is expected.

  5. #425
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    6,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Need4speed View Post
    We better jump LH tomorrow, as rain is expected.
    hmmm thats probably why RB is on harder tyre at the start, o no, they will have lots of options and rb and mercs are blazing in wets as seen in P3
    Singapore 2017 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, Addressing the problems and finding innovative solutions does!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  6. #426
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    6,284
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    With regards to those that have an issue with "negativity."

    Another strategy is to ignore the comment completely rather than let it suck you into another "negativity" debate..... just a friendly suggestion.
    I think thats simple and easy
    Singapore 2017 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, Addressing the problems and finding innovative solutions does!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  7. #427
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Slovenia, Maribor
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by Need4speed View Post
    We better jump LH tomorrow, as rain is expected.
    Negative mate, no rain is expected for tomorrows race. We will see around 4-5C higher air temperatures (that will mean at least 10C difference on track temperature wise) than today, and also some sunshine. So this should suit our car more, as we know from last year that our car works the best in warm weather conditions.



    https://www.yr.no/place/Australia/Victoria/Melbourne/
    Last edited by Vettel165; 24th March 2018 at 10:58.

  8. #428
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    6,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Negative mate, no rain is expected for tomorrows race. We will see around 4-5C higher air temperatures (that will mean at least 10C difference on track temperature wise) than today, and also some sunshine. So this should suit our car more, as we know from last year that our car works the best in warm weather conditions.

    https://s9.postimg.org/idvmnoadb/Brez_naslova.png
    this weather chart is so much more easier to read than the ones i found last year . I hope it doesn't rain, it must be a heat wave lol and chew mercs tyres
    Singapore 2017 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, Addressing the problems and finding innovative solutions does!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  9. #429
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stowmarket. U.K
    Posts
    17,150
    no rain forecast for tomorrow race, looks going be bit cloudy but warm.

    http://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Raci...k-Circuit.aspx
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

  10. #430
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    2,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Toxicity? im fed up of this forum turning into a cesspool of team bashing, bashing each member who wants to have fate in the team, for not being depressed about how rubbish the team is doing. Easy to come here and bash your keyboards. People like you have helped turn this atmosphere here into what it is. You dont like it, fork out your own money and start up your own site then. Say you like it here, your passionate, but can see any donations over the years to help run this site. All been is warnings, suspensions, doom and gloom.

    In mean time, i wait with baited breath see how this goes.

    I dont like ranting, i want talk and support my team.
    1000000000% with you !!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  11. #431
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    6,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Toxicity? im fed up of this forum turning into a cesspool of team bashing, bashing each member who wants to have fate in the team, for not being depressed about how rubbish the team is doing. Easy to come here and bash your keyboards. People like you have helped turn this atmosphere here into what it is. You dont like it, fork out your own money and start up your own site then. Say you like it here, your passionate, but can see any donations over the years to help run this site. All been is warnings, suspensions, doom and gloom.

    In mean time, i wait with baited breath see how this goes.

    I dont like ranting, i want talk and support my team.
    Wow, so basically what you are saying, that who did not donate, does not have a right to be negative about the team ever. I have had few clashes with Greig for which I have gotten warnings etc, but you totally discarded every other post out of my over 6000. Great. Thank you so much for that, now I really feel welcome. I am sorry, but you say you don't want ranting, but it's all I can see you doing in recent days. I just said, I would help, if owners of this web decide to close it down, but I get this for it... Ok, I am out then, I see, that even when I did not participate in any doom and gloom for a long time, I am not welcome, so I am out. Congratulations for pushing long time member and even some new people out of here.

    However thanks for being a great forum for a long time. Will miss you all

    "If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

  12. #432
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stowmarket. U.K
    Posts
    17,150
    THE CAR WAS COMING ALIVE”
    ferrari-media

    Kimi and Seb felt handling improved during Qualifying

    Melbourne, March 24 – A solid team effort for the first qualifying of the season resulted in Kimi and Seb taking second and third slots on the grid for tomorrow’s race, just one hundredth of a second apart. The weather stayed dry throughout the three sessions, allowing the two SF71Hs to put the softest Pirelli compounds to good use. Rain is not expected for the race either, although Melbourne is notoriously unpredictable when it comes to weather conditions…

    “Today” said Kimi “we did not really know what to expect from this first qualifying, it was a bit of an unknown. But then I was pretty happy with the car, the feeling was ok. The gap to our rivals is probably bigger than we wanted, but it was not a very straightforward day either. This is a very special circuit in many ways, if compared to “normal” tracks, and these are the early stages of the season. I think we have to wait for the next few races to have a clear picture and understand where the teams are exactly. For sure there are things to improve to go faster; I know there are areas where I could improve on my lap times. This is what we have got today, a decent result in quite tricky conditions. Tomorrow we’ll put our maximum effort into the race”.

    After tackling less than ideal conditions on Friday, Seb found a great deal of improvement in the car’s handling during Saturday afternoon: “Yesterday it didn’t feel like everything was perfect, so today I am pretty happy that we could put both cars right at the front, very close to pole. I guess it’s a good shot. The gap to Lewis is significant of course, and we don’t want to be so far behind. But the car today was getting better and better: I could feel it was coming alive during qualifying; on my last run I made a small mistake at Turn 13, but it’s ok as second and third position are good for the race and, as we have seen in all the past years, we tend to be closer on Sunday than we are in qualifying”.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

  13. #433
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    england
    Posts
    823
    Very satisfied with weekend so far. Experts said Ferrari would be 3rd team at best maybe McLaren or Renault will push them....reality Ferrari at least 2nd best and Ferrari engined Haas are 4th best. Experts said Merc on rails...reality in Hamiltons hands on 1 lap sobfar but Bottas crashed....experts said wet qualifying...reality it was dry.

    If Hamilton had half a second on every lap in quali I would be worried but of all tge laps it was only on 1 lap he got breathing space...his teammate was not capable to do this. It could easily be Merc pushed their car into a setting that can only be used a few times during the life of the engine as they were shocked how close Ferrari and Red Bull were. If this is a possibility and they are pushed every Saturday that they have to use every mode possible it may affect their reliability. All Ferrari can do is push push push.

  14. #434
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Montenegro
    Posts
    99
    Ferrari need fresh blood
    simple the best..

  15. #435
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    9,438
    It's good to watch F1 cars on track again. (I did not watch FP )
    Despite the complains about Halo device, it didn't bothered me at all. I think these cars look better without the shark fin

    As for the competition, I think Mercedes is still the team to beat.
    Of course, we'll have to wait for the results tomorrow. I think Ferrari still have some performance left.

    But it's a long season, and I think the WDC will not depend on who is fastest right now. But who can develop the car the most through the year.

  16. #436
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stowmarket. U.K
    Posts
    17,150



    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

  17. #437
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Bahrain
    Posts
    40
    Ricciardo: Any top driver could get pole with Mercedes advantage
    Adam Cooper, Valentin Khorounzhiy
    •24 March 2018

    Daniel Ricciardo says the Mercedes' engine modes that helped Lewis Hamilton dominate Australian Grand Prix qualifying were "a punch in the stomach" to its Formula 1 rivals.

    Hamilton was on provisional pole after the opening runs in Q3 in Melbourne, but his time looked within reach for rivals, with Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel and Red Bull's Max Verstappen both sat less than a tenth off.

    But the reigning champion found nearly nine tenths on his final flyer in Q3, to end up on pole position by a mammoth 0.664s.

    Ricciardo said he felt "any of us top guys" could get pole in the Mercedes, such is its inherent advantage.

    While Hamilton has insisted his final-lap improvement was not down to a switch to a faster engine mode, Ricciardo said the way Mercedes was able to turn up the power for qualifying was disheartening.

  18. #438
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    422
    Only 3 engines guys hamilton can not keep pushing no matter even if his ego tells him to they have quali mode and thats it race will be closer it will not be 6 tenths per lap not acceptable.

  19. #439
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1
    I've been a long time fan of F1, almost 20 years now and I've only been following this forum towards the end of the season last year and now for this season, but the amount of negativity and sadistic posts from people here is diabolical.

    I was lucky enough to witness the Schumacher/Brawn era where Ferrari dominated the championship for a good 5-6 years and what we have seen in the last 3-4 years is Mercedes do the same, with Red Bull prior to that.

    Yes it's unfortunate and frustrating that Ferrari are not up there with Mercedes, but to write off the championship/season after the qualifying session really highlights the incompetence of some you here. I'm not the biggest fan of Lewis but credit where credit is due, he pulled off a pole lap that did not go wrong in any way or form, unfortunately for us Vettel did not have a strong Q3. I do not think we are 0.6 seconds behind, in reality I think and we will see tomorrow that we are actually much closer and during the season we will see that transition hopefully.

    Either way, I'm going to continue supporting the team and I know it's only a matter of time before Ferrari regain the position as the top team in F1 and I'm very much looking forward to that.

    Also looking forward to attending the Singapore GP this year, can't wait!

  20. #440
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    215
    Question for everyone. Looking at Bottas' crash, I notice either fluid or something evaporating out of the rear wing pillar. Did anyone else see this? If so, can anyone explain? Is it where Merc is exhausting the oil burn like we do out from underneath the rear light?

    *Edit - Maybe it's just the hydraulic fluid that operates the DRS.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  21. #441
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by mihael View Post
    Ferrari need fresh blood
    Yes, and less critical supporters. What a sad morning this was. Woke up to see Ferrari p2 and p3 - how sad is that!
    Kimi has been faster of those two all weekend so far, must be something wrong in Seb car - obviously. Alonso would took pole by 2 sec. marging in a red car - obviously.
    Season is over, let's concentrate 2019.

    Despite the fact that this is a unique and dirty track which needs a lot of downforce - we are ahead RB. Bahrain will tell where we really stand at this moment.
    Until that we could cry how misearable the whole team and drivers are, or enjoy the entertainment and support our guys. Not Kimi of course, he is slow, fat, old and should retire - obviously.

    Tomorrow Seb can have a good start. He is on clean side of the grid which makes a big difference. P2 is like a punishment here, all that dirt is on that side. Let's see.
    Hope we get good points from this kind of tracks. I am really surprised if we beat RB.

  22. #442
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,959
    Quote Originally Posted by chris.gotfunk View Post
    Question for everyone. Looking at Bottas' crash, I notice either fluid or something evaporating out of the rear wing pillar. Did anyone else see this? If so, can anyone explain? Is it where Merc is exhausting the oil burn like we do out from underneath the rear light?

    *Edit - Maybe it's just the hydraulic fluid that operates the DRS.
    Yup exactly my thoughts. I think they found the way to use that oil where it can’t termed illegal or hiding it.

  23. #443
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    6,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Need4speed View Post
    Ricciardo: Any top driver could get pole with Mercedes advantage
    Adam Cooper, Valentin Khorounzhiy
    •24 March 2018

    Daniel Ricciardo says the Mercedes' engine modes that helped Lewis Hamilton dominate Australian Grand Prix qualifying were "a punch in the stomach" to its Formula 1 rivals.

    Hamilton was on provisional pole after the opening runs in Q3 in Melbourne, but his time looked within reach for rivals, with Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel and Red Bull's Max Verstappen both sat less than a tenth off.

    But the reigning champion found nearly nine tenths on his final flyer in Q3, to end up on pole position by a mammoth 0.664s.

    Ricciardo said he felt "any of us top guys" could get pole in the Mercedes, such is its inherent advantage.

    While Hamilton has insisted his final-lap improvement was not down to a switch to a faster engine mode, Ricciardo said the way Mercedes was able to turn up the power for qualifying was disheartening.
    I think most of the fans felt the same way. party rapper mode killed what was looking to be a great opener
    Singapore 2017 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, Addressing the problems and finding innovative solutions does!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  24. #444
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    6,284
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Yup exactly my thoughts. I think they found the way to use that oil where it can’t termed illegal or hiding it.
    I really hope Ferrari can nail them for some illegal part or something or Horner can do that since he likes to make things known
    Singapore 2017 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, Addressing the problems and finding innovative solutions does!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  25. #445
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,959
    Quote Originally Posted by JPA View Post
    Yes, and less critical supporters. What a sad morning this was. Woke up to see Ferrari p2 and p3 - how sad is that!
    Kimi has been faster of those two all weekend so far, must be something wrong in Seb car - obviously. Alonso would took pole by 2 sec. marging in a red car - obviously.
    Season is over, let's concentrate 2019.

    Despite the fact that this is a unique and dirty track which needs a lot of downforce - we are ahead RB. Bahrain will tell where we really stand at this moment.
    Until that we could cry how misearable the whole team and drivers are, or enjoy the entertainment and support our guys. Not Kimi of course, he is slow, fat, old and should retire - obviously.

    Tomorrow Seb can have a good start. He is on clean side of the grid which makes a big difference. P2 is like a punishment here, all that dirt is on that side. Let's see.
    Hope we get good points from this kind of tracks. I am really surprised if we beat RB.
    If we have a poor weekend of quali, both drivers needs to maximise the points in pretty consistent way rather than falling behind other cars.

    There are two things to worry

    1) Kimi’s starts, off late not many brilliant starts & not aggressive at the front, defending off the line is poor from him
    2) vet & max, we know they tangled each other couple of times. Tmrw, vet needs to be careful max always thinks race is won on first lap. He’ll go for it. But to them disadvantage is SS tyres. US will have better grip at the start.

  26. #446
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    6,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Wow, so basically what you are saying, that who did not donate, does not have a right to be negative about the team ever. I have had few clashes with Greig for which I have gotten warnings etc, but you totally discarded every other post out of my over 6000. Great. Thank you so much for that, now I really feel welcome. I am sorry, but you say you don't want ranting, but it's all I can see you doing in recent days. I just said, I would help, if owners of this web decide to close it down, but I get this for it... Ok, I am out then, I see, that even when I did not participate in any doom and gloom for a long time, I am not welcome, so I am out. Congratulations for pushing long time member and even some new people out of here.

    However thanks for being a great forum for a long time. Will miss you all
    Please don't leave man. i like the passion you have for Ferrari
    Singapore 2017 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, Addressing the problems and finding innovative solutions does!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  27. #447
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    6,284
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    If we have a poor weekend of quali, both drivers needs to maximise the points in pretty consistent way rather than falling behind other cars.

    There are two things to worry

    1) Kimi’s starts, off late not many brilliant starts & not aggressive at the front, defending off the line is poor from him
    2) vet & max, we know they tangled each other couple of times. Tmrw, vet needs to be careful max always thinks race is won on first lap. He’ll go for it. But to them disadvantage is SS tyres. US will have better grip at the start.
    dude did you manage to find any of that long race sim lap comparison things? how far are we behind Merc and RB?
    Singapore 2017 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, Addressing the problems and finding innovative solutions does!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  28. #448
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,959
    Haas cars need to jump RB at the start & make life difficult for Mad max to avoid any tyre advantage.
    What RB are thinking is, if any SC comes out later part in the race then there is a chance for them to win.

  29. #449
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    6,284
    from racefans twitter

    Hamilton did use Mercedes' 'party mode' in Q3, Wolff confirms
    Singapore 2017 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, Addressing the problems and finding innovative solutions does!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  30. #450
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    salco
    Posts
    1,819
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    I think most of the fans felt the same way. party rapper mode killed what was looking to be a great opener
    except there are no points handed out for pole position, not even to Lewis

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •