Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Australian GP Free Practice and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    If Haas is only few tenths behind with same engine that is embarassing for Ferrari. I dread it, but it seems all doom and gloom during pre season testing is holding up true.
    It is only FP2 but that is good news anyway, looks like Ferrari PU is strong.
    And Kimi faster than Seb, and only ,3 behind Hamster, so it does not look bad at all.

Does anyone know what tyers Vettel and Lamilton used, in sequence, during FP2?

Did Vettel set his fastest time on the soft tyre and Hamilton on the Ultras?
    "That has made me fall in love with Ferrari even more today than ever." Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Man View Post
    Did Vettel set his fastest time on the soft tyre and Hamilton on the Ultras?
    Both on Ultra, I think Seb set his time little bit after Hamilton.

I hope Seb can find the balance in his car
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Both on Ultra, I think Seb set his time little bit after Hamilton.

I hope Seb can find the balance in his car
    Ham always goes for glory runs even in free practice. I bet he had just enough fuel in his car to get round.
    I doubt his team mate was trying to impress.
    Personally I would take no notice atm and await quali with positivity

Forza Jules

Nice...

Go Ferrari!

Here's to the engine being a rocket and not needing aero!!!

Unless it rains, I would not hope for much in quali. Our chances will come during the race.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    Unless it rains, I would not hope for much in quali. Our chances will come during the race.
    Sad thing is, this not a track for overtaking. If Ferrari falls behind in quali, then it’s difficult for them to catch up for race win as either ham or max will be in cruise mode at the start.

Hope for dry quali n front row start

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Sad thing is, this not a track for overtaking. If Ferrari falls behind in quali, then it’s difficult for them to catch up for race win as either ham or max will be in cruise mode at the start.

Sadly, it won’t be dry in quali....I think it’s some like 90% rain/wet session.....so we got to make the best of it and no mistakes, then at the start if let’s say we quali in second row, try and have an awesome start and be P1 by first, second corner
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

0.001 ahead...cheers,party,well done, woohoo, WDC/WCC
    0.001 behind...boooo,sack them all, we're doomed, tears,more tears, Forza antidepressants.

give it a few races either way? maybe?
    we have a full season ahead of us.
    Life might be hard, Concrete is a lot harder

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post

Ferrari should/will(hopefully) definitely try to get a wet/dry inbetween setup ready before tomorrow because there might be a slight chance of rain Sunday too, If we Quali like we did in Monza maybe we can atleast hold station until a safety car or something on sunday and make some passes from the back that way.

Whats depressing, is that Seb said he is uncomfortable with the car setup whilst Mercs and RB look ready and set. With tomorrow most likely bucketing, Seb won't beable to get that Setup for Sunday.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Ferrari should/will(hopefully) definitely try to get a wet/dry inbetween setup ready before tomorrow because there might be a slight chance of rain Sunday too, If we Quali like we did in Monza maybe we can atleast hold station until a safety car or something on sunday and make some passes from the back that way.

Whats depressing, is that Seb said he is uncomfortable with the car setup whilst Mercs and RB look ready and set. With tomorrow most likely bucketing, Seb won't beable to get that Setup for Sunday.
    That’s hey we need Govanazi to wok overtime in the simulator back in Maranello to dial in the ideal/proper set up
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    That’s hey we need Govanazi to wok overtime in the simulator back in Maranello to dial in the ideal/proper set up
    YES! i know it might be lil bad to say, but he is way better in the simulator than his driving last year. I hope he does something. I read something about J. Villenueve saying Kubica could be sabotaging the car so they would eventually ask him to drive it, Hope Antonio or Kvyat dont get any ideas.

We are about 0.4~ ahead of Haas, we need to maintain this or increase this before the end of the season or else we wont beable to trouble RB and Mercs on some tracks!. I like M. Arrivabene and Legend Sergio M way of working, im sure they will think up a plan or something to try to get Ferrari closer to RB and Mercs before Half way season :)

Hehe still praying for a miracle sandbagging from ferrari all this time come Sunday

YES! i know it might be lil bad to say, but he is way better in the simulator than his driving last year. I hope he does something. I read something about J. Villenueve saying Kubica could be sabotaging the car so they would eventually ask him to drive it, Hope Antonio or Kvyat dont get any ideas.

We are about 0.4~ ahead of Haas, we need to maintain this or increase this before the end of the season or else we wont beable to trouble RB and Mercs on some tracks!. I like M. Arrivabene and Legend Sergio M way of working, im sure they will think up a plan or something to try to get Ferrari closer to RB and Mercs before Half way season :)

Hehe still praying for a miracle sandbagging from ferrari all this time come Sunday
    Me too mate, me too.....but it’s hard to think that when Ferrari have not shown any miracles yet in FP or winter testing

Maybe we,re still on sand bagging mode

Sadly, it won’t be dry in quali....I think it’s some like 90% rain/wet session.....so we got to make the best of it and no mistakes, then at the start if let’s say we quali in second row, try and have an awesome start and be P1 by first, second corner

That's IF they(FIA, stewards, marshalls) let them qualify in the wet???? They can push it back an hour or two...maybe....because it's too "dangerous"!!!! GIVE ME A BREAK. It may not be the most ideal conditions track wise but Pirelli have tyres that sipe 22 to 25 gallons(no, I'm not doing the conversion to ltrs) of water per second EACH tyre....and the drivers NOW have the Halo.

Let's take it back to the Senna, Hunt, Lauda years when those guys qualified and raced in a deluge.....besides, a more talented and skillful team and driver shines in the wet.

1 us gallon = approx. 3.78 l
    1 imperial gallon = approx. 4.54 l

Seb hits 200 this weekend.

Saturday: Vettel Qualifying Number 200.

Sunday: Vettel Race Number 200.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Seb hits 200 this weekend.

Saturday: Vettel Qualifying Number 200.

Sunday: Vettel Race Number 200.
    So maybe he’ll surprise us with a P1 quAli and a win on Sunday

FerrariSteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Hamilton's on-board.....??? You can't see crap!!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DY77jITWkAA7Z9a.jpg
    OMG!! hahaha!!!
    I knew it was going to be bad, but that's even worse than I thought! LOL!!!

So maybe he’ll surprise us with a P1 quAli and a win on Sunday
    I sure hope so!

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Kimi, Seb believe there’s much potential to be explored

Ferrari Media

Melbourne, March 23 – The first day of practice at Albert Park saw both Scuderia Ferrari drivers go through an extensive job of data collecting and car set-up work. At the end of the day, Kimi and Seb had covered 62 and 60 laps respectively using all three available tyre compounds (Soft, Supersoft and Ultrasoft,) running various fuel loads.

“It was a pretty normal first day here in Australia”, said Kimi. “Everything felt a bit different from testing, but it’s normal when you are in a different place. The track itself felt much better than last year, in terms of grip. It looks like there are a lot of leaves, but this doesn’t really affect the driving. It’s not easy to find a good set up, but the start today was not too bad. We tried a few things and did our best to improve here and there. We are considering which way we should go and trying to figure out the best way to do that. It’s a normal story, especially at the beginning of the year. Let’s see what the weather brings tomorrow. Tonight we’ll go through all the work we have done today, we’ll pick all the positive things and see what we can do”.

Sebastian commented on his daily routine: “It’s been a rather dull day of work, like every Friday. We tried to chase the balance because I didn’t feel completely comfortable at first, but I’m not worried about that because I know that if we do everything right, the car should be in better shape. It looks like we are close, which is good news, so we should be able to do something tomorrow. This track is particularly tricky, in that if you don’t nail it at first, then there is quite of bit of lap time to be found, and I think we still have much potential to extract. The car is fine; it’s not where we want it to be yet, but if we keep on working, it should be ok. I really hope to make a bigger step than the others”.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Good morning all, rain has just hit Melbourne 10am local time, they expect it to last until the afternoon so p3 should be wet, but should clear by the time qualifying starts. It may be a damp start but the track could dry up. Forecast for tomorrow is showers but again not expected at race time, not as much as today.

I'm keeping my hopes up with our chances this year. When the Mercs switched to a longer wheel base last year, it took them awhile to get the ideal setup. I believe it was only after Monaco when they achieved this. Surely Ferrari is also in the same predicament, having switched to a long wheel base this year. The icy weather in the Barcelona tests worked against them in finding the proper setup and unfortunately, the weather now in Melbourne for P3 might disadvantage them even more. Then again, as long as our drivers are confident there's more potential to unleash, then I too am confident.

Having said this, the new Merc challenger is an evolution of the title winning car last year so time is against us. They said they got rid of the diva characteristics of their car from last year and so that is a big plus for them. Factor in the fact that the Red Bull is creeping behind us and the Mercs, so we can't afford any more brain farts from our drivers and the team like what happened last year. Hopefully our in-season development would also improve this year, as we are lagging behind in this department compared to our main competitors.

Here's to a great F1 2018 season! Hopefully this is our year! FORZA FERRARI!

It’s pouring down in Melbourne y’all. Let’s hope we’ve got a good chassis otherwise I’d give quali to Verstappen and Hamilton now, before it’s started.

Well Max is a master in the rain.....sadly can’t say the same about Seb.....and the Merc, well it’s a good car all around

So we better brace ourselves for 3rd row at best

F1 Live - Australian Grand Prix Fan Forum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQA68TA_6aY

It’s stopped raining and support races are drying the track out pretty reasonably. Definitely a wet FP3, but could be a dry quali if the rain stays away.