Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Australian GP Free Practice and Qualifying

Looks like we’ve enherited the DIVA conditions the Merc had last year
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Yes, it look so. Now we only can hope that the team can solve the problems like merc did last year.

Nice!!!! Vettel

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Nice!!!! Vettel
    Good lap out of context. But is something

Nice!!!! Vettel
    Compared to WHO? No one else did a quali lap on ultra soft so the time is nothin good to write home about
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I think we’re in BIG time trouble

If lucky we’ll qualify on third row at best

Working good in dry not so good in wet suggests to suspension design & aero.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Compared to WHO? No one else did a quali lap on ultra soft so the time is nothin good to write home about

ssssshhhhhh.....can't be too negative.

pfft.. going to office.. getting a life.. tierd of dreaming and hoping for thngs to change...

ssssshhhhhh.....can't be too negative.
    WHATEVER

The negativity here is insane. Oh well nothing new from the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by f412 View Post
    pfft.. going to office.. getting a life.. tierd of dreaming and hoping for thngs to change...
    Don’t worry vet will take p2 in quali. Watch out.

The people on this forum are gross. Ferrari doesn’t owe you anything. We’re here to support our team. We don’t “suck”. To say stupid and childish things like that you either have no technical understanding of this sport, or you’re flat out dumb. Some people here should go watch NASCAR and enjoy your technical parity and round circuits.

This is part of the fun people! You support your team through thick and thin. You watch them struggle so that you enjoy their glory even more.

I’m only 27 and I have enough context to know Ferrari doesn’t owe me anything. Ferrari can’t win everything. Before the glory years, there were DECADES of dark seasons for us. A lot of people here are older than me and it would do you well to remember that.

I think we’re behind Mercedes, but we’re CLOSE with redbull. This is a tight season. This is GOOD for the sport.

Children here need to go out, get a life and get some context.

Quote Originally Posted by Deephouse View Post
    The negativity here is insane. Oh well nothing new from the forum.
    So should I pretend I’m happy and everything is ROsY when we clearly are behind Mercedes and red fools.

WHATEVER

I'm feelin ya man....I feel ya.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Working good in dry not so good in wet suggests to suspension design & aero.
    Why suspension? The car have good grip in dry, the same grip in wet. Not because our layout look "simple" relative to merc one, it means that is under developed or flawed

The negative atmosphere here is quiet boring

too early to say anything, just feels that it is gonna be different season, many teams in podium

So should I pretend I’m happy and everything is ROsY when we clearly are behind Mercedes and red fools.
    You can’t conclude we are behind RB. Not even single quali or race is done.
    You know how Ferrari tend to improve from Friday to Saturday.

You can’t conclude we are behind RB. Not even single quali or race is done.
    You know how Ferrari tend to improve from Friday to Saturday.
    I guess some people prefer to think negative and get a surprise later than vicecersa. The thing is that negative comments are sometimes very intense here

Quote Originally Posted by totox View Post
    Why suspension? The car have good grip in dry, the same grip in wet. Not because our layout look "simple" relative to merc one, it means that is under developed or flawed
    Under dry grip is different from wet conditions.
    In dry you carry more power along with the grip in the corners. But in wet, power is not important. Traction is very much needed, getting to early on power leads you to spin much earlier.

None of it really matters, the P3 results ..
    the only thing that matters is if the simulator work from last night translated well to the track and the drivers found the balance they were chasing.
    That's it... The rest means nothing..

That's why that last run was so important , Seb and Kimi would have tried different solutions , and they'll go for the one that worked best.
    Quali looks set to be dry , they'll empty the tanks turn up the engines and we'll see where we are...

Under dry grip is different from wet conditions.
    In dry you carry more power along with the grip in the corners. But in wet, power is not important. Traction is very much needed, getting to early on power leads you to spin much earlier.
    Yes, but the problem of lack of grip in wet could lay in the power delivery. You could have the best suspension layout but if the engine is too aggressive in putting the power down, you get loss of traction. Anyway is very difficult for us, fans, to guess where is the problem. Could be a bit of both

taking a look back at testing... it feels like our suspension and aero is just right about where it keeps tyre deg to minimum.. which is good for long runs.. and if you remember how the tyres over at merc and red bull were.. it shows thats just the kind of downforce and tranction required to keep the car planted...

what about qualifying guys? how will be the conditions? chances of rain??

Quote Originally Posted by f412 View Post
    what about qualifying guys? how will be the conditions? chances of rain??
    Quali will be dry. 100%

Circuit looks like its drying up, i think the top four will be RB vs Mercs and then behind them will be ferrari and haas. seb struggling with this new car, kimi might be faster. Very very poor in wet conditions, you would think they would improve that front. Atleast it looks dry for now. Hoping we get ahead of Haas. Rics penalty really helps ferrari tbh. Ferrari looks like they are in 2016 mode with a car maybe only ever good enough to trouble a rb. Hope not. Lol i dont care if we use six engines and forfeit races like monaco, silverstone(disaster last year) and somewhere where they weak and use the engine on higher mode more than the rest so we can catch up to RB.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by gump1480 View Post
    I still feel we lack ideas in "Suspension design and setup" since Aldo Costa left
    Most likely why we are weaker than Haas in cornering, i think the suspension department took a nap or weren't innovative enough like RB and mercs during the break. Maybe Sergio can get some guys from merc like how they keep stealing ferrari guys.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Toto with a giant grin (nico points that out too) , it was last year when we got that epic toto anger moment during pitstop. I love how nico makes hamilton all sour

Haas won't be near Ferrari.
    The fact people think they even might be is pretty much proof Ferrari haven't shown their hand as yet...

And they did the same thing at every race last year.