Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Australian GP Free Practice and Qualifying

Seb had purple sectors at the end it was a session that was quite mixed lots of variables need to be considered.

We had a good practice this morning, Kimi is just 0,283 s off Hamiltons lap time. Seb is usually about 0,3s faster than Kimi on qualy raw pace, soo that means that Seb would be near equal with Hamiltons lap time. Seb is always mighty fast in Australia, last year he was 0,6s faster than Kimi, so if he is finding the right setup he will be right there tomorrow. Interesting time ahead. Race pace looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Last year merc ended FP2 .5 ahead of Ferrari, just like this year. We know how that turned out.

Also Seb just went purple in the speed trap on the back straight, sky actually suggested sandbagging! Wonders never cease.

I am nervous I won’t lie, but I’m clinging to hope. I want to hear from drivers ASAP
    Crofty & Karun Chandok said Ferrari on the verge of shock from RB. Such a bunch of idiotic guys, how does fp2 give indications of such things. If so wts the use of quali, n these people r so called commentators.
    F1 became circus with these buffoons.

Kimi under investigation for impeding another driver (Bottas).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DY9Ba5yW0AAURBB.jpg

Our sector 3 is awful

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    We had a good practice season, Kimi is just 0,283 s off Hamiltons lap time. Seb is usually about 0,3s faster than Kimi on qualy raw pace, soo that means that Seb would be near equal with Hamiltons lap time. Seb is always mighty fast in Australia, last year he was 0,6s faster than Kimi, soo if he is finding the right setup he will be right there tomorrow. Interesting times ahead. Race pace looks good.
    I’m on the same line... but worry thing for me is wet track. If so it masks our car set-up n pace.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Kimi under investigation for impeding another driver (Bottas).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DY9Ba5yW0AAURBB.jpg
    No further action should be taken place.
    Max too had the same with gasly I think so...

If you look at last year we made huge improvements over winter and were challenging for the championship and winning races. We came short on 1 lap pace, but had great race pace and Seb did some good racing in the first part of the season compared to Lewis. When Merc sorted there Diva out, it was a lot harder for us to challenge them, but still we were somewhere there..
    So if everybody makes some improvements, Merc will be ahead since they a good advantage at the end of last year. My biggest concern is engine reliability. Merc have such an engine advantage that last year they could play a safe game and still have the most power. Remember Brazil when Lewis started from the back with new engine? With this season only three engines, this gives them the advantage since others will have to puch to get the same power but will probably struggle more with reliability where Merc won't .
    At the end of last year RBR was challenging at the front, so I expect them to do the same now, also, RBR has show to have one of the best in season developments in the last years so...
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Caron chandok should be playing cricket with a name like his way out of his league.

If Haas is only few tenths behind with same engine that is embarassing for Ferrari. I dread it, but it seems all doom and gloom during pre season testing is holding up true.

So, in conclusion, we are 'sandbagging' and will smash everyone come Saturday/ Sunday.. OR we are fourth in the pecking order behind Haas!

I think it's just carrying on from the latter part of last term - Red Bull pretty much at our level, Mercs ahead.

I hope I will be proved wrong in FP3/ Qualy!
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    The speed traps look very wrong.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    If Haas is only few tenths behind with same engine that is embarassing for Ferrari. I dread it, but it seems all doom and gloom during pre season testing is holding up true.
    Understood budy calm down and wait for tomorrow, but the real order will be seen in Bahrain in 14 days time. Does someone has the race pace comparison between Ferrari, Mercedes,RBR?
    For now I see the pecking order like this. I think we still have a much better q3 engine mode than RBR.
    1. Mercedes
    2.Ferrari (0,1 behind)
    3. RBR: (0,25 behind)
    4. Haas.

I think Ferrari going through its "diva" phase but without the engine advantage to nullify it, only...10bhp... ... increase since last year. Once they can figure a way to get the car to corner like the Mercs or RB im sure we can challenge them (RB), maybe second half of the season we will have the cornering figured out. This year we will not be dominating Monaco, singapore type tracks like last year because of the wheelbase but we should hopefully atleast beable to keep up with RB on the fast paced circuits
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    I pray not, but they did mention Maurizio and Binotto very shocked at there pace during testing so it looks bad right now, sucks it looks like wet race so we will not know for sure. but from sector times, Haas is better in S3 than Ferrari if i remember
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

i think the thing that baffles me the most at this point is Kimi ahead of Seb. (no offense Kimi).

Sky reporting that there was war of words between MA & Horner in the press conference regarding Mekies.

Where was Mr. Horner when Marcin Budkowski joined Renault.

Seb and Kimi's cars had different front wings. Kimi has the new one that Ferrari brought which is the "Abu Dabi spec" while Seb was running the winter testing front wing.

Could this explain why Kimi was Faster than Seb ? if so does that mean we are on mercs pace when the cars is in the hands of Seb coz Mind you Kimi was only 0.2 behind Lewis or we are still struggling ?

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    I pray not, but they did mention Maurizio and Binotto very shocked at there pace during testing so it looks bad right now, sucks it looks like wet race so we will not know for sure. but from sector times, Haas is better in S3 than Ferrari if i remember
    90% of your posts are just negativity about our team, show some fate. What I dont understand is that Haas is just 0,5s of Ferrari (from Kimi), they have a nearly identical chassis, so this is a very good sign I think. Last year in Q3 we had an advantage 1,6s over Grosjean lap time, I think this year we have at least 1 second still. So Ferrari domination might be coming, and we are pretty much still sandbagging a lot, but also what we dont know how does our new q3 boost mode work and how much time do Mercedes have in reserve. On power circuit, like Bahrain, China I am confident we have at least 0,3s on RBR. We will see, but it is looking good.

Vet says “there’s still quite lot of performance in hand”.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Vet says “there’s still quite lot of performance in hand”.

Because of just 3 engines per season allowed, I think we were saving a lot more our engine that normally in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post

Because of just 3 engines per season allowed, I think we were saving a lot more our engine that normally in practice.
    I think it’s not that equation. Come race engine will be installed tomorrow during fp3 only. This is the process they followed last year.
    On that note, they might be using the same spec which we have used in pre-season Barcelona test.

Here we go again, negativity creeping in already, of course we all want to post the fastest times but there are so many variables and rain may well play a big part...it's FP1/2 and not really any surprises, RB are up there with us, and I'm disappointed to see Sauber at the bottom of the pile for now when Haas appear to be very competitive, but we don't need Grosjean cramping our style. It could all change tomorrow so let's be positive.

bookies now have Max as 2nd favourite to win the race

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I think it’s not that equation. Come race engine will be installed tomorrow during fp3 only. This is the process they followed last year.
    On that note, they might be using the same spec which we have used in pre-season Barcelona test.
    It's the same engine for seven races including free practice.
    They won't change it after fp2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Rather him than Hamilton! But neither is acceptable to us!

Quote Originally Posted by jpalmito View Post
    It's the same engine for seven races including free practice.
    They won't change it after fp2.
    That should be race engines which complies 7 race event rule. But in practice sessions, we can use any engine.

Because if we take practise sessions & quali into considerations with race too, then 3 engine formula survival is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I think it’s based on wet quali & race conditions, not on Dry track