Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Australian GP Free Practice and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    By Spain, Red Bull will be a serious title challenger
    Engine will cost them and there is a good chance they will have to take penaltys

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Red bulls are ahead of us at this point.
    Yup, their aero is top notch, way better then US and much better then the Mercs....thank god they don’t have the Merc engine
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Merc redbull ferrari hass thats the current pecking order based on this session.

Merc redbull ferrari hass thats the current pecking order based on this session.
    Yup totally agree
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Bottas and Raikkonen to see the stewards after the session. Bottas complaining that he feels Raikkonen pushed him into the gravel earlier.

They keep showing slow motions of our cars and they still fumigate under the tail light....something is worrying me there....the Merc and Renault engines don’t do that

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Engine will cost them and there is a good chance they will have to take penaltys
    4 engine strategy actually doesn't sound bad to me, it gives you more aggressive maps for races. Let's hope Renault lets them down though

Our race simulation looks strong.

4 engine strategy actually doesn't sound bad to me, it gives you more aggressive maps for races. Let's hope Renault lets them down though
    Renault will be having reliability issues too...

Says who?

Hamilton flying in race sim. high 1.28s. RAI into low 1.29s. Both on US

Redbull will use at least 5/6 engines

Quote Originally Posted by angeljr View Post
    Yup, and someone said our race pace is strong......hello....

Quote Originally Posted by angeljr View Post
    Please share times or source

Compared to who? Williams or Mcmowers

Sky says Mercedes and redbull in the high 28’s, Ferrari in the low 29’s. Little between merc and redbull, Ferrari a little further back.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Please share times or source
    I am just writing the lap times based on the commentary. Trying my best to collect the lap times from the 3 leading teams. :)

Vettel 17 laps on US did a 1.28.5 and Lewis is 1.28.7. Roughly doing same lap times in the end of stint.

according to sky ferrari around 0.3 - 0.6s slower than RB AND Mercs on race pace. that sucks. To me looks like seb having a bad day. HAAS apparently matching very close to Ferrari on pace too . hmm
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Sky says Mercedes and redbull in the high 28’s, Ferrari in the low 29’s. Little between merc and redbull, Ferrari a little further back.
    So rumours from winter testing are actually true, Ferrari is 3rd best team....so the red bull jumped us over the winter and really close to Merc....

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    according to sky ferrari around 0.3 - 0.6s slower than RB AND Mercs on race pace. that sucks. To me looks like seb having a bad day. HAAS apparently matching very close to Ferrari on pace too . hmm
    NOT TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    I’m watching sky and they haven’t said any of that. My post above is the most detailed analysis they’ve provided. Please provide source for your info

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    No such thing as sand bagging mate nowadays
    I was sarcastic, cos all of these forum experts were telling me exactly that, so I was just wondering will we sandbag half of the season?

Is Bottas on Softs?anyone know if he is doing 1:28s?
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

It is Friday... but... OK, will see tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    I was sarcastic, cos all of these forum experts were telling me exactly that, so I was just wondering will we sandbag half of the season?
    lol only if FIA want to make a movie with a happy ending haha

Looks like the experts were right,about Mercs and RB being ahead, hopefully they get Antonio on the simulator and they find some gains, I would hate to see them driving against HAAS on Sunday. Kimi is doing better than Seb today

Last year trend for Ferrari was improvements from Friday to Saturday.

So let’s reserve the comments till Saturday quali. Im still optimistic Ferrari is hiding single lap pace.
    Race pace it looks tight between mercs, RB & Ferrari

Last year merc ended FP2 .5 ahead of Ferrari, just like this year. We know how that turned out.

Also Seb just went purple in the speed trap on the back straight, sky actually suggested sandbagging! Wonders never cease.

I am nervous I won’t lie, but I’m clinging to hope. I want to hear from drivers ASAP

Order..

1. Mercs
    2. Ferrari
    3. Redbull
    4. Haas

Mercs looks like they have increased their advantage to Ferrari specially on HAM hands (could be at least 0.5 in quali, hope I'm wrong). Ferrari and Redbull are very close but I see Ferrari is holding an edge comes qualifying. Race sim is close for both. HAAS leading the best of the rest.