Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Australian GP Free Practice and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    That should be race engines which complies 7 race event rule. But in practice sessions, we can use any engine.

Because if we take practise sessions & quali into considerations with race too, then 3 engine formula survival is hard.
    I think you’re misinterpreting the rule. You can use 3 engines throughout the entire season. This is the first of those 3 engines, so will remain in the car throughout the weekend. They could put a second engine in, but that would be the 2nd of their 3, so would remove one future potential upgrade. This engine will run throughout this weekend, and (without issue) for the next 6 Grand Prix also.

That should be race engines which complies 7 race event rule. But in practice sessions, we can use any engine.

Because if we take practise sessions & quali into considerations with race too, then 3 engine formula survival is hard.
    Yes, in practice you can use any engine, but what you are forgetting is that they currently all have 1 engine only.

also, on running engines light, every team will be doing that.

More to come from Ferrari. It’s weird that the cars are going slower than last year with a years worth of development and softer rubber....

https://f1deck.com/a/14o3R?via=tweet

oh wow reading through all of this is quite tiring...
    my 2 cents worth...
    1) 3 engines the entire year... would be a perfect rule if... once you have used up these 3 engines, then you have to sit out the rest of the races... otherwise you will just spoil the chances of a better team to challenge for championships.
    2) 3 engines, so I sooooo pray Ferrari have set the engines to it's lowest setting, and just go about practise with setup and only setup in mind, what's the point of stressing the engine for a bit of glory ... in practise.
    3) liberty... we are in the 5th year of tyres dictating top speeds, and the f1 buffoons haven't upgraded the timing screens to reflect the tyre compound used for the times set... ?
    4) it's the first real test of the cars on track... why all the predictions? why all the worry? unless you are employed by Ferrari and know exactly what is going on, why are you making predictions?
    I just wish to read encouragements and the joy of the sport, and the joy of following Ferrari, here there's very little of that...
    I have waited the entire off season for this day, and have watched the practises as if I were a 5 year old RELISHING the view once again.
    Please be more respectful and just DON't post your opinions if they pure doom and gloom.... ferrariflag2.gif gokart.gif

what's wrong with making predictions? to me that's part of the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    I think you’re misinterpreting the rule. You can use 3 engines throughout the entire season. This is the first of those 3 engines, so will remain in the car throughout the weekend. They could put a second engine in, but that would be the 2nd of their 3, so would remove one future potential upgrade. This engine will run throughout this weekend, and (without issue) for the next 6 Grand Prix also.
    Ok forgot the fact that all r on their engine 1.

3 place grid penalty for Ricciardo. Did not reduce speed under red flag

Horny will be pi$$ed

No further action for the incident between Raikkonen and Bottas. Stewards say Raikkonen did impede Bottas but both drivers accept it wasn't "unnecessary."

yep...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DY9oxO0WsAAa1Ay.jpg

Vettel "not very comfortable" with his Ferrari in #AusGP #F1 practice, predicts "a lot" more speed to come later in weekend per Autosport.

Well for me they are both very possitive. They just have to find the right setup, remember last year we were 0,500 down on Hamilton after FP2, this year just 0,280s, well I pray for a dry Q tomorrow. Maybe the rain wouldnt hit the track.

Kimi, Seb believe there’s much potential to be explored

Melbourne – The first day of practice at Albert Park saw both Scuderia Ferrari drivers go through an extensive job of data collecting and car set-up work. At the end of the day, Kimi and Seb had covered 62 and 60 laps respectively using all three available tyre compounds (Soft, Supersoft and Ultrasoft,) running various fuel loads.

“It was a pretty normal first day here in Australia”, said Kimi. “Everything felt a bit different from testing, but it’s normal when you are in a different place. The track itself felt much better than last year, in terms of grip. It looks like there are a lot of leaves, but this doesn’t really affect the driving. It’s not easy to find a good set up, but the start today was not too bad. We tried a few things and did our best to improve here and there. We are considering which way we should go and trying to figure out the best way to do that. It’s a normal story, especially at the beginning of the year. Let’s see what the weather brings tomorrow. Tonight we’ll go through all the work we have done today, we’ll pick all the positive things and see what we can do”.

Sebastian commented on his daily routine: “It’s been a rather dull day of work, like every Friday. We tried to chase the balance because I didn’t feel completely comfortable at first, but I’m not worried about that because I know that if we do everything right, the car should be in better shape. It looks like we are close, which is good news, so we should be able to do something tomorrow. This track is particularly tricky, in that if you don’t nail it at first, then there is quite of bit of lap time to be found, and I think we still have much potential to extract. The car is fine; it’s not where we want it to be yet, but if we keep on working, it should be ok. I really hope to make a bigger step than the others”.

Grosjean the fastest guy on US tyres (race pace). Ferrari domination incoming in 3,2,1.

Ferrari looks strong on SOFT tyres, we were the fastest on average. Which suits us well for the race. :)

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Wt r chances of dry quali ??? FP3 is important for ferrari tmrw to find perfect set-up

Wt r chances of dry quali ??? FP3 is important for ferrari tmrw to find perfect set-up
    Not a chance. Maybe for qualy there is a possibility of a more dry weather, yr.no (very reliable site from ECMWF weather model) is showing just 0,3 mm at that time. Maybe the track will dry up. It looks like we will have a dry race on sunday.

Looks like just qualy rain. The race might be dry, which we should hope for, as Seb and Kimi are not good in the rain if last year was an indication

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Looks like just qualy rain. The race might be dry, which we should hope for, as Seb and Kimi are not good in the rain if last year was an indication
    Very true,im glad for the race but im worried for Quali, Kimi and seb might endup starting 7~8 if it rains like monza, hoping the rain goes away when seb and kimi trying to survive a wet lap
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Seb is not good in the rain, really? What about Monza 2008, China 2007, 2010 China, 2012 Brasil, 2014 Malaysia, 2015, Malaysia USA, Silverstone, and many more.Last year he was amazing on a damp track at China. Monza was an anomaly, because they manage to totaly screw up the setup of the car. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MjKBtJe4Fg

What was really fantastic was in 2014 with that poor engine he managed to nearly get the pole position from that dominate Mercedes which was nearly 1 second faster at that stage.

While ill take it because we need all we can get, i don't think Ric should'v got the penalty lol but this leaves just Max, Bot and Ham to have to pass come Sunday. so all's good
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Grosjean the fastest guy on US tyres (race pace). Ferrari domination incoming in 3,2,1.

https://s9.postimg.org/d0544zra7/Brez_naslova.png

Ferrari looks strong on SOFT tyres, we were the fastest on average. Which suits us well for the race. :)

https://s9.postimg.org/p20hyuifj/Brez_naslova.png
    this confuses me, we are so terrible on SS and HS but Gods on softs lol...Didn't crofty and ted say we are behind RB on low 1:29s i hope they release an official timing thing because it looks all over the place lmao if Grojean takes pole I will be very happy for him and his ferrari engine

Vet is good at wet track, Kimi is not.
    But the equation is Ferrari car isn’t good in these conditions. Tyre warm-up issues & extracting single lap pace in such conditions is the big worry.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...-hole-1017839/

Wow.... after all it’s just free practice sessions & Ferrari tend to improve most from Friday to Saturday.

Reporter out of mind

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...-hole-1017839/

Wow.... after all it’s just free practice sessions & Ferrari tend to improve most from Friday to Saturday.

Reporter out of mind
    i hate the subscription sites! ugghhh what did they say? did Ferrari mess up with the long wheelbase? our last sector and cornering seems to be awful

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    i hate the subscription sites! ugghhh what did they say? did Ferrari mess up with the long wheelbase? our last sector and cornering seems to be awful
    Reporter jumped to conclusion saying Ferrari digged a hole for themselves by changing its car design

The times were pretty slow in FP2, barely quicker than in FP1, slower than last year so I wouldn't that top teams have a lot of time in their pockets. Haas continus to impress but I would wait till qualifying and the race to confirm how close they care. Not getting overly excited that Hamilton will be beaten though, especially tomorrow.

We'll see if it rains, but even on wet track Hamilton will be really fast and Ferrari will probably be beaten by Red Bull.

Every year it's the same thing, can you all at least wait until the end of the actual race before whinging this much? It's getting annoying...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

May I remind everybody, like someone else already pointed out, that this season is just a 3 engine season. To use it to its full potential in free practice is just crazy, so we should wait and see. We are not looking that bad, just a couple of tenths back in free practice, which means nothing.

what does back-to-backing mean?