Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Australian GP: Race

Reality check guys: On race pace we are clear No. 3 as was evident from the Winter testing. Our Q3 modes will allow us to qualify higher than Red Bulls though.
    Let us hope we develop the car superfast

I actually agree that you should not gain from the VSC but in the past it's hurt us and helped others so not sure why they are suddenly moaning about it now.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Yest after quali I said Vet will win. It happened.
    I know I’m so happy that we won....but u must admit luck had a big play in the outcome....that Merc is super fast when it needs to be....we still have a lot of work fo do in Maranello
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Some more from Seb: “Obviously we were a little bit lucky today. Lewis did a great lap yesterday and deserved pole and he drove a very good race, controlling in the beginning.

“We got a bit lucky but we will take it. We’re not yet where we want to be, I don’t quite feel the car, but it gives us a good start, good wind and fresh motivation.”
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Some more Ferrari reaction from Jock Clear:

“A bit of déjà vu. It’s a special moment.

“At the end of the day that [Safety Car] is pure chance but once you can’t attack him, you stay out there and hope for that chance.”

I'm carefully optimistic for next week as well. Bahrain is a Vettel type of track. We will wait and see.

Finally we get some luck. It's about time considering last year.

Quote Originally Posted by gump1480 View Post
    Reality check guys: On race pace we are clear No. 3 as was evident from the Winter testing. Our Q3 modes will allow us to qualify higher than Red Bulls though.
    I surely agree with your comments 100%
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I actually agree that you should not gain from the VSC but in the past it's hurt us and helped others so not sure why they are suddenly moaning about it now.
    Well, the rule is same for everybody. If lady luck smiles on your car, you make the most of it.

Toto being honest admitting they have had luck from VSC in the past, Sky seem to forget it.
    Forza Ferrari

Great win, happy AF, but Mercs still seams to be a faster car

Trulli train earlier in the race.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZHTX56WAAAMB2K.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    Last year safety cars cost us Spanish and Chinese GPs. SKY was very much content with that....
    Are they just so openly biased because Lewis is a Brit.? I suppose I can live with that if they do not portray themselves as unbiased. Boy do I miss the fellas from NBCSN!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Tell,u why Greig, because their pretty rapper boy lost the race that’s why.....if it were Luise that would have taken advantage of the VSC, everything would have been just fine and normal

Think I will settle for that today Just what Ferrari needed
    Maybe Ham won't be so cocky now

Forza Jules

And here is Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff:

“It’s very hard to take because we had the pace. For whatever reason, we need to find out, we lost the win.

“We thought we had about three seconds margin. I don’t know what happened to them, we need to ask the computers and that’s what we are doing at the moment. Whether we had a software problem somewhere, we need to fix it.

“I think the problem is within our systems. I think we have a bug somewhere that said 15 seconds is what you need, we had 12, it should have been enough but it wasn’t.

“He was attacking flat out but you can see the overtaking is pretty bad here. Even the mega overtakers couldn’t make a pass. Lewis had to give up because the tyres wouldn’t have made it to the end.”

MB mistakes:
    Pit timing
    Pace during VSC
    Engine heating
    Cooked right front tyre under braking
    Cooked rear tyres
    You cant win with so many mistakes. They performed poorly as a team. We did deserve this win. For the next race we should be much faster that is for sure

I dont know why they are moaning. We losta ton of points because of it last year. Finally, vsc luck is on our side now.

Quote Originally Posted by gump1480 View Post
    I think Mercedes is is well and truly ahead, but I don’t think Ferrari is clearly 3rd. Ferrari and redbull are neck and neck.

mwk360 did you enjoy that mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    LOL does not post when we do well
    Forza Ferrari

it seems Seb owns Australia lol

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    I think Mercedes is is well and truly ahead, but I don’t think Ferrari is clearly 3rd. Ferrari and redbull are neck and neck.
    I have said it before and I say it again, we’re lucky the red fools don’t have a Merc or ferrari engine....otherwise with their supreme chassis they would have walked all over everyone

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Be said it before and I say it again, we’re lucky the rd fools don’t have a Merc or ferrari engine....otherwise with their supreme chassis they would have walked all over everyone
    Yeah, you can wallow sadly with that thought. We will celebrate the first win of the 2018 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Must be hunting for 20 quick (spam) posts.

We owe Haas a lot today. They neutralised the Red Bull threat and gave a golden VSC for Vettel.

I have said it before and I say it again, we’re lucky the red fools don’t have a Merc or ferrari engine....otherwise with their supreme chassis they would have walked all over everyone
    They are free to make their own engines....
    Forza Ferrari

According to Wolff the Mercedes strategy software predicted Vettel to return to track behind Hamilton after his pitstop. Even with VSC. So there seems to be a problem with the software. #AMuS

RIIIIIGGGHHHHT....

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    Yeah, you can wallow sadly with that thought. We will celebrate the first win of the 2018 season.
    Don’t get too antsy mate, just stating the facts

I enjoy the win also mang, but winning on pure merit I enjoy it more

Be said it before and I say it again, we’re lucky the rd fools don’t have a Merc or ferrari engine....otherwise with their supreme chassis they would have walked all over everyone
    Hypotheticals mean nothing. Their chassis may be superior, sure, but Ferrari created their own chassis and entire power unit. I respect any team that does everything way more than a team that builds a tub and straps some aero bits to it anyday. Especially when all they do is whinge about being GIVEN an inferior engine. The question is making one doesn’t even cross their minds because they simply couldn’t. So sure, they’re a great team but Ferrari is simply better. It’s the sum of its parts. If Ferrari plugged in a Renault engine and built a worse chassis then sure, redbull is better. But they didn’t. They built everything from the ground up. Ferrari is a great team. You show no respect.

Happy with rhe result, not so happy with our performance. But as many of you said,we where so unlucky last year and Ham took advantage of it.We did it now. Now the big question is if this is the actually peaking order, or we will see another picture in the next one (better performance for us)??
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!