Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Australian GP: Race

Quote Originally Posted by hakanabi View Post
    I understand you are a Kimi fan but Vettel is also our driver. I love Kimi as much as Vettel so I don't really have a preference as long as it is a Ferrari driver on the top step. We had a 1-3 and you should at least try to be happy for the team instead of making up excuses saying Kimi could have done this or done that. Even Kimi is happy as the team brought in loads of points for the championship. Are you here to support Ferrari or just Kimi?
    As I mentioned in couple of my posts, good result for the team. I'm not making any excuses, just stating that Vettel didn't really deserve that win (it was a lucky gift) and that Kimi seemed the faster driver the whole weekend and I hope that continues.

I'm a Kimi fan first. But I guess this is quite off-topic and I don't want to ruin the party any more longer: Ferrari won and leads the WCC so it's a happy day in Maranello.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Seb

Honest view, good that he knows where we need to improve to get us up there.
    Defo Mercedes is still the benchmark. I hope our in season development will be better than previous years. That mercs is still mighty but I don't think we are too far behind them. Hopefully couple of tenths and I hope we will catch them as the season progress. We have a new car with huge potential so in a few races we should understand and hopefully improve it.
    Red is the only color!!!

We seem to have a good engine, don'tnhave the extreme mode like Merc but solid never the less. Fastest in all sectors in quali. In the race seemed to negate hamiltons drs

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...t_of_them_all/

Quote Originally Posted by barzini77 View Post
    As I mentioned in couple of my posts, good result for the team. I'm not making any excuses, just stating that Vettel didn't really deserve that win (it was a lucky gift) and that Kimi seemed the faster driver the whole weekend and I hope that continues.

I'm a Kimi fan first. But I guess this is quite off-topic and I don't want to ruin the party any more longer: Ferrari won and leads the WCC so it's a happy day in Maranello.
    Can you tell me why he did not deserve the win? Remember last year, we have lost couple of races last year in a similar fashion. For the first time in a long time a bit of luck was on our side and we grabbed it with both hands. Merc did not have to pit ham but they did because they were racing him so they covered the undercut. Vettel knew it was impossible for him to win the race unless a miracle happened so he stayed out longer waiting and hoping for something to happen and it did. So he took the gamble and it paid out. Again due to their luck Merc has one couple of races this way in last year and even Toto mentioned that on his interview.
    Red is the only color!!!

The question is, will Ferrari let Kimi win a race that's between him and Seb? Kimi gets paid to drive. So does Seb.

Quote Originally Posted by hakanabi View Post
    Can you tell me why he did not deserve the win? Remember last year, we have lost couple of races last year in a similar fashion. For the first time in a long time a bit of luck was on our side and we grabbed it with both hands. Merc did not have to pit ham but they did because they were racing him so they covered the undercut. Vettel knew it was impossible for him to win the race unless a miracle happened so he stayed out longer waiting and hoping for something to happen and it did. So he took the gamble and it paid out. Again due to their luck Merc has one couple of races this way in last year and even Toto mentioned that on his interview.
    If Mercedes won races last year that way, doesn't mean they deserved it. What I meant that Seb was off the pace compared to leading 2 and got the lead by pure luck.
    No, I don't think he was going to gamble. He hadn't cover the Haas cars yet. He HAD to stay out longer in order to pit in-front of them.
    He got lucky, he didn't win because he was driving awesome race, he benefited over 10 seconds compared to Kimi and Lewis.

What Toto has to say is irrelevant. In my opinion pits should be closed during SC/VSC, so that these kind of situations don't happen. IMO it's not part of racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    The question is, will Ferrari let Kimi win a race that's between him and Seb? Kimi gets paid to drive. So does Seb.

Why not? I don't think team will interfere unless the situation is like it was last year when Seb had almost double amount of points. In that situation it is in team's point of view stupid to let them race.
    Like Hungary last season.

If Mercedes won races last year that way, doesn't mean they deserved it. What I meant that Seb was off the pace compared to leading 2 and got the lead by pure luck.
    No, I don't think he was going to gamble. He hadn't cover the Haas cars yet. He HAD to stay out longer in order to pit in-front of them.
    He got lucky, he didn't win because he was driving awesome race, he benefited over 10 seconds compared to Kimi and Lewis.

What Toto has to say is irrelevant. In my opinion pits should be closed during SC/VSC, so that these kind of situations don't happen. IMO it's not part of racing.
    Yeah we get it you would prefer Lewis won if it means Seb was behind Kimi......And the Haas cars pitted so yeah they were covered.
    Forza Ferrari

Yeah we get it you would prefer Lewis won if it means Seb was behind Kimi......And the Haas cars pitted so yeah they were covered.
    Never said that, but whatever. I stand corrected about the Haas cars, thanks.

Btw, still waiting for those quotes.

Why not? I don't think team will interfere unless the situation is like it was last year when Seb had almost double amount of points. In that situation it is in team's point of view stupid to let them race.
    Like Hungary last season.
    Seb almost has double the points already
    Forza Ferrari

Seb almost has double the points already
    I bet you hope that they would interfere.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    If its early in the season or neither driver is in the title fight I don't see why not however if Seb fighting for the title and Kimi is nowhere in the championship then probably not.

I bet you hope that they would interfere.
    They probably won't need to.
    Forza Ferrari

They probably won't need to.
    Yup, with lucky VSCs there's no need

And Kimi's lack of consistency.
    Forza Ferrari

And Kimi's lack of consistency.
    Let's see. You can whine about that then.

Haven't watched the race yet, I'm saving it as a reward for later after I've fixed a leaking pipe that developed overnight:(
    How ever we won, I'll take it and we now have some points and a small lead to build on! From what I've read a double podium and no
    gross mistakes ergo hope persists and improvements will come to hopefully help us stay ahead of the curve:) FORZA FERRARI!!!

MELBOURNE 2018, 25 MARCH
    media-ferrari-

Maurizio Arrivabene: ”A nice win and a great job from the team, both back in Maranello and here at the track, which led to a fine Sunday for all of us, our drivers and our fans. We have picked up a significant number of points in both the Drivers’ and Constructors’ championships. There is still a long way to go this season, but today we can be happy, knowing that each and everyone of us has done their very best, according to his role, to achieve this result. Now we will start to prepare for the next race, aware there is plenty to do; work which we will tackle with humility and determination.”

Sebastian Vettel: ”Today has been our day. The Safety Car helped of course, but apart from that, I think we did everything we could do as a team. So when something happened, we were ready to react. We did our job before the race, evaluating different scenarios, and then in the race we had the pace as well. Lewis was under pressure, he was fast, but not as much as he needed. As for me, I need a little bit more of confidence with the car, which is not where we want it to be yet. There is a lot of work to do, but it is great to have both cars on the podium today. Yesterday in qualifying the car came alive, but it was still a little bit tricky, so we have some homework to do. I still need to drive around the issues more than I want to. I know exactly what I want, and we need to work on it. I believe the car has the potential we need.

Kimi Raikkonen: “A win with two cars on the podium is a very good start of the season for the team. Maybe I have been a bit unlucky today, but at least the luck came to our team. Third place it’s not exactly the result we wanted, but it’s only the first race and the big picture is not too bad. So I happily take the third place. Overall I was pretty happy with my car today, the speed was there all day. It’s nice to have a good feeling. For sure there are things to improve, but if the feeling stays like this we’ll have all the tools to fight. And this is the most important thing. This is a quite special track in many ways, so let’s see what happens in the next race. Bahrain it’s not very straightforward either; from year to year we have seen that the hot conditions don’t give a 100 percent true picture. We need to be patient and do our best wherever we go.”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

So I watched a re-run of the race. That's was rather lucky with the VC but on the other hand Seb kept going much longer than Hamilton and maybe that means something later on in the season and on other circuits. Also, Sebs win in Australia last year didn't mean that much so we basicly still don't know what will happen. We're leading the WCC by a quite margin for the first time in years. Another thing. Mark Webber implied on the podium that the Haas stopped were it didn't because of the Ferrari connection...yeah right!
    Last edited by 512 TR; 25th March 2018 at 12:33.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Ferrari needs to improve in aero dept now. PU looks good.
    We just need better balance & throttle around the corners

Our PU only looks good compared to Renault & Honda... there is still a gap to Mercedes but at least this year's car has much better aero efficiency so our cars are very fast on the straights.
    Kimi could comfortably fend of Ricci today because of our top speed adv.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    Another thing. Mark Webber implied on the podium that the Haas stopped were it didn't because of the Ferrari connection...yeah right!
    Hmm What does Mark Webber know? Not a lot and I'm sure Hamilton fanboys are on PF1 and other fans sites as we speak finding excuses why their boy had the smile wiped off his face.

Forza Jules

Despite us having luck today, we deserved the win and both drivers did a great job, as did the team. Let's just enjoy it as there is work to do but to have started with a double podium is more than we dared hope for. Shame for Haas who also helped keep other predators away, and Leclerc had a good first race too. Grazie ragazzi!

Q: (Phil Duncan – Press Association) Seb, do you take any extra satisfaction in the win today, given the comments that Lewis made yesterday about wiping the smile off your face after qualifying?

SV: Not really. He said he was joking and I believe him. I think we are old enough, I don’t think we need to go on that sort of level. It’s fine as long as we joke with each other and I don’t think… apart from a point last year, we don’t have a problem with each other. I think even if we are very different persons, I think we share – all of us – a common passion and that makes us quite equal again. We love racing and we try to do our best, once we’re in the car and beat all the others. I think in that regard, I don’t see why we shouldn’t get on with each other.

Q: Do you see it the same way, Lewis?

LH: Sorry, I wasn’t listening.

Q: No reason you shouldn’t get on with each other?

LH: Don’t think so, no.

This is exactly why I despise hamilton...typical arrogant sucky behaviour. Why don't you go post somemore selfies on Insta? Oh wait...
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Hmm What does Mark Webber know? Not a lot and I'm sure Hamilton fanboys are on PF1 and other fans sites as we speak finding excuses why their boy had the smile wiped off his face.
    They tend to brush over the fact that last years Spain GP, Lewis gained alot of time in pits aswell. Alonso did today too, as did Bottas, plus Bottas gained in Bahrain GP last year too. But that gets brushed away, only because Seb and Ferrari gained and won and beat Lewis today.

So nice.

During today's race both merc drivers had to back off to prevent the engine overheating. I don't recall hearing this message for Ferrari. Just wondering how would this affect merc in bahrain.

wonder if our straight line speed will come in handy in Bahrain as it seems to have alot of places where straight line speed is a premium. I'm quite optimistic about the next race. obviously Merc will be up there on top but I'm sure we can give them more troubles. Merc strat 14 is demonic but we got this

Kimi was the first one to pit, his tyres where 14 laps older than Vettel, lucky the VSC's worked in Ferrari's favor for Vettel and came ahead of Lewis. Throw Kimi's lack of inconsistency......yeah.

As much as I wanted Kimi.....I bit my lip on this one. It's really between Seb and Lewis and Kimi and Bottas over the long run.