Thread: It's becoming increasingly complicated to watch F1....

It's becoming increasingly complicated to watch F1....

Does anybody know if YouTube TV (paid service, about U$S 40/m) will broadcast the full race calendar? Thanks in advance.

FerrariSteve Guest
    There's the new F1TV that is I believe £10 a month or so? (approx $14?) but that's not available in some places, I know the UK cannot get it.

There are 'other' options, such as illegal streams, I will be honest and admit I watched the whole of the 2015/16 seasons via an illegal stream. As long as your browser is up to date and you have adblock installed, it's very watchable. in like 40 races I only had issues with the quality in 2-3 of them.

I won't post a link here as I would guess it's against the rules and I'd be banned or have my hands slapped lol. But google it (try 'SkyF1 stream'), or even send me a PM if you want a link.

You are truly a great guy. I'd be without cable TV for a long time and was trying to figure out if the races could be watched online from different locations/countries.
    I'll definitely try your suggestion first. One question, will your approach require a paid VPN service? I won't be opposed to paying a reasonable amount provided the stream isn't constantly interrupted. Thanks Steve!

FerrariSteve Guest
    I never used a VPN, mainly because until recently I didn't even know what VPN was. haha

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    I never used a VPN, mainly because until recently I didn't even know what VPN was. haha
    I’m in the UK. I don’t have sky.

I have the Sky Sports Mobile TV app and play it on my iPad Pro.
    It’s £4.99 monthly subscription through iTunes. Can be stopped and restarted anytime.

It’s not the greatest but gets me by.

We don't have Sky but you can piggy-back on two devices if the Sky account holder is OK, doesn't use them both him/ herself and gives you their login!!
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    There's the new F1TV that is I believe £10 a month or so? (approx $14?) but that's not available in some places, I know the UK cannot get it.

There are 'other' options, such as illegal streams, I will be honest and admit I watched the whole of the 2015/16 seasons via an illegal stream. As long as your browser is up to date and you have adblock installed, it's very watchable. in like 40 races I only had issues with the quality in 2-3 of them.

I won't post a link here as I would guess it's against the rules and I'd be banned or have my hands slapped lol. But google it (try 'SkyF1 stream'), or even send me a PM if you want a link.
    If you look at any of the race threads or FP/Quali threads there are almost always people asking for & getting links to live streams, so I don't think it is an issue.

My son has internet only service & said he's been getting links to live streams (for NHL games only, so far) on reddit.com. Not exactly a pro at finding a live stream for events but have heard you might want a decent ad-blocker in your browser if you're doing that.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

I have good coverage at home, but I travel a lot and quite often there isn't coverage. I'm fairly computer savvy but often struggled with the on-line streams because of all the ads and sometimes they stop and it's a bit of a pain to restart or find a new stream.
    My solution was to buy an IPTV solution which works anywhere I go - and that's pretty much everywhere. The limitation is the speed of the internet but the good thing about what I have is you can choose a quality to match your internet connection and it always works, first time every time with zero ads. The thing comes with every major cable sporting channel in the UK, USA, Europe and the middle east as well an tons of other channels I rarely watch. Anyway, it works well for me so I'm happy with it.
    Last edited by enjaybel3; 30th March 2018 at 17:18.